Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Ford Focus ST-R?
(07-29-2014, 07:22 AM)Gravter Wrote: Yup, x-plan is great. I used it on my '07 Smile
Total cost with taxes was $23,000 back in december '06.
I had 0% for 5 years which was great too!
I noticed today on Ford.ca that the 0% for 5 years is gone... Everything is at 1.49% for 4-5-6 years now.

Cheesus I think I actually remember you doing that deal - about the time you signed on here. Do I remember correctly they don't get to charge admin fee?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I would have to look up the contract... lemme see if I can find it Wink

----

Edit: I just found my original contract... I don't see any admin charges..., just the bulk amount for the car + taxes and the 0% interest for 60 months
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Admin fees are BS. Take that from somebody who is in the car business and I do a lot with Ford.

I have yet to pay an admin fee costing more than my licensing fee for a year, which I pay in cash at delivery, not into the car price.

Additionally, you can get the procal at any point and get it installed, but to be honest, why is everyone all warranty crazy?

My only warranty claims relate to a piece of window trim not sitting flush, IPC dash update and sync updates. Even with it being tuned on Cobb I just returned to stock and they didn't even care or know the difference even with the AP in the center console.

If a dealer won't drop the admin fee and won't give a dime past ford incentives I would walk to another dealer and if you wanted THAT car, I have had cars transferred to another dealer when this happens and got them for what I wanted in the end.

For example, my 2013 st, I pre-ordered in June 2012. I only put down 500$ on the car but my total after tax was 33,531 before license. Msrp was 29995 at the time and with mft/dual zone I paid 29585$ before hst and air tax. I told them to pull the fuel cost of 75$ and fill the car myself when I left as it had 1/3 tank as it was from factory some how.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Yeah, I hear you about admin fees.
They called me back once this week asking if I could meet them halfway from my offer vs theres...I said no, that is the price I feel is right for this car and not ready to go over it.
I haven't heard from him yet. They still have my deposit, which I will be getting back today if I don't hear from them in the next few hours!

Here is a photo of the car

And here is my gf's car she just got... I was trying to get her to get an ST, but this Kia Forte5 was only $25K fully loaded!
It has 201hp (1.6 turbo) and a 6 speed manual. I tried it the other night and it drives great...but not nearly as fun as the ST :p

They should make the rio5 with the 1.6 turbo
Fraser Ford has a Black on Black on Black 18's out here
Tuner, eibach springs, STS, and exhaust for like $200 over list of their stock ST

SO TEMPTED!!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Go for it Wink
I retracted my offer on the car... They would not budge on their price so I am moving on...

Wow... A dealer hanging onto the car over wanting to fill their pockets... They didn't even give up any ground, profit on that car is about 4 grand with what they added to invoice, good choice to walk.

I found another ST that I am looking into. This one does not have the performance package but is identical to the one I was looking at.
This new dealer wants $400.00 over what the internet price shows me when I use the ford website to calculate payments.
I am trying to get $1,000 less than the price shown, so he is off by $1,400!
The battle continues :p

You need to talk to a dealer further away that will offer exactly what you are looking for. Then show the local dealer, hey look, they want my business, and they can do it, so why can't you.

Every dealer is competitive and most won't lose out to another ford dealer if they can. Worth a shot. If you want I can even hook you up with my sales guy at yorkdale ford who can help you on a build and price and see what he can do

(08-03-2014, 04:51 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: You need to talk to a dealer further away that will offer exactly what you are looking for. Then show the local dealer, hey look, they want my business, and they can do it, so why can't you.

Every dealer is competitive and most won't lose out to another ford dealer if they can. Worth a shot. If you want I can even hook you up with my sales guy at yorkdale ford who can help you on a build and price and see what he can do

^^ That's what I say ... Yonge Steeles Ford has $0 admin fee and a couple of days ago they had 9 STs in stock - dollars to doughnuts they're willing to wheel and deal - and for someone out of town you get a day trip to the GTA to boot.

Build and price no longer an option and still be eligible for end of year incentives - they've built out the 2014 model year and the 2015's don't have any incentives on them.

Nonetheless - last time I looked there were more than 40 STs in southern Ontario.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Well, there are still about 35 in the Ottawa region, so I don't need to go too far yet.
I am awaiting news from a third dealer. Will see what they have to say.

(08-05-2014, 04:07 AM)Gravter Wrote: Well, there are still about 35 in the Ottawa region, so I don't need to go too far yet.
I am awaiting news from a third dealer. Will see what they have to say.

35 STs just in Ottawa - you'd think they'd be scrambling to get rid of them.

Yeah! and they are almost all at the same dealership!

Ok, so I can get an ST for $500 les than what the ford.ca website shows, great!
Now, someone tell me where I can get the full performance kit (M-FR1-ST) for cheap?

(07-29-2014, 06:46 AM)Gravter Wrote: I have no idea what the price would be just to have those items installed.
I guess 1.5 hours of labour plus taxes, so that would be roughly 125$-150$ of labour...idk
An MBRP T304 exhaust is $900+ taxes+shipping(I ain't close to them) then another 2 hour install by any garage, let's say $150 with taxes.

I'll break it down myself here I guess:

- Exhaust (MBRP) = $1,200.00 (shipped, installed and incl. tax)
- Tuner, plugs, filter = $600.00
- Sprint Booster = $300.00

Total $2,100.00 ... and I have to do all the dirty work.
I guess $2,000.00, warrantied and not having to mess with anything is kinda worth it I think! :p

I'm waiting on a call to see if they can meet my last numbers I gave them, if not..I will wait for another opportunity... My '07 ST is still going strong, and will be my main winter car if I get this new ST :p

It depends on the relationship you have with your dealer, my local Ford Dealer (Douglas Ford) installed my FSWorks Exhaust for $80 and Eibach springs for $200
2014 Ford Focus ST Oxford White
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5-Door Lime Squeeze
(08-07-2014, 02:03 AM)Gravter Wrote: Ok, so I can get an ST for $500 les than what the ford.ca website shows, great!
Now, someone tell me where I can get the full performance kit (M-FR1-ST) for cheap?

Well ... perhaps not cheap, but maybe the best price in this country ... $1,450 CAD + HST, FOB GTA.

Hmmm... interesting... All I need is to find a friend that is going to Toronto and bring it back to me in Ottawa! :p
But... Do you think it would be better to get another kit instead?
Like an SCT tuner with tunes, cold plugs, intake+filter and MBRP exhaust?
Lowering springs, nothing too agressive, would be next on my list!

Oh, and is the OEM ST exhaust worth anything to an non ST Focus owner?
Trying to see if I could get some cash back Wink

(08-07-2014, 06:50 AM)Gravter Wrote: Hmmm... interesting... All I need is to find a friend that is going to Toronto and bring it back to me in Ottawa! :p
But... Do you think it would be better to get another kit instead?
Like an SCT tuner with tunes, cold plugs, intake+filter and MBRP exhaust?
Lowering springs, nothing too agressive, would be next on my list!

Oh, and is the OEM ST exhaust worth anything to an non ST Focus owner?
Trying to see if I could get some cash back Wink

I'd go hybrid (so to speak); get the Ford Racing calibration kit (with plugs and CAI) and get a dealer to install them, thereby maintaining your new-car warranty; and then do the exhaust whenever.

It's the ECU re-calibration that gives you all that torque - the exhaust just changes the sound essentially - you might find you like the stealth approach, and if not, you've got all kinds of aftermarket exhausts to choose from that will be less expensive than the Ford Racing one.

Devils advocate - buy a mountune set up, still keep warranty but have a far superior product. Or alternatively go Cobb accessport from mountune which will be tuned by randy.

Accessport can be had for I believe 500$ and give as much or more tq and actual hp increases and real world fuel economy benefits also which I have experienced. (35mpg while cruising 118km/h with ac on full stage 3 w/o grill shutters)