Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Focus Rs From Green To:
Quote:Meh, BMW's aren't all that

:rofl:

Quote:even the low end ones handle like a go kart from what I've heard

I take that as you havent driven one...

So you dont really know how they drive.

My 20 year old BMW drives just as nice as my focus did. My fathers 94 drove better than any newer american car Ive been in.

Go drive one, your tune will change. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I would still be nice to be one of the only RS owners in NA. No matter what side the steering wheel is on.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
A 1-series with at least the 230HP straight-six is all a driving enthusiast really needs. The 135 is basically a slightly-smaller E36 (or maybe E46) M3 in terms of performance.

BMWs are wicked cars. Ever since I took a ride in my bud's Euro 1994 M3, I've had a lot more respect for them. I'd love to have an older BMW 3xx... uhm x (for AWD) if it had enough room for Tank and some camping gear.

It just needs to be versatile. I've seen the big let-downs with the MS3 - the lack of top-end performance. It's like driving a slightly-energetic diesel... after a certain point, the power just goes away and you may as well shift to get back into the torque-producing section of the rev range.

The Cobalt SS Turbo, OTOH... if not for the totally Kia-esque interior, I'd likely buy one in fairly short order. Even Car and Drive (my personal bible) agrees that it's one hell of a performer. I just can't suffer the "National Car Rentals" interior for 5 years (or even less if I lease).

The new WRX mind you... YOWZA!! 0-60 in under 5 seconds, quarter mile in the high 13s and that famous AWD grip. Colin McRae budget-minded fan club, your ride is here.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 11 2008, 01:54 PM Wrote:I've seen the big let-downs with the MS3 - the lack of top-end performance.
[right][snapback]278072[/snapback][/right]

Thats fixed with a $500 dyno tune though ;)

I find the same with my WRX, not very much top end power at all...thats camparing it to my focus. Cant wait to run out of warranty. :lol:

On the deisel comment...my father had the new VW tdi for a loaner while his was getting the master break cylinder replaced, and boy does that thing have balls now, lot more than what I was used to in my fathers tdi wagon.
im really suprised car&driver were saying such good things about SS turbo

when i test drove and i test drove her HARD it still didn't give me that WOW factor that i was looking for........i got in wrx and forgot about that chevy
seriosly with 40k you can do so much and buy such better cars

off topic:
i watched this test between 2007 Mustang GT and 2008 STi today (don't know why they compared those 2 cars but basicly because of the price tag).
Anyways out of all 42 tests mustang only won 2........but then sti had stickier tires as they said, still though.

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Flofocus,Dec 11 2008, 02:20 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 11 2008, 01:54 PM Wrote:I've seen the big let-downs with the MS3 - the lack of top-end performance.
[right][snapback]278072[/snapback][/right]

Thats fixed with a $500 dyno tune though ;)

I find the same with my WRX, not very much top end power at all...thats camparing it to my focus. Cant wait to run out of warranty. :lol:

On the deisel comment...my father had the new VW tdi for a loaner while his was getting the master break cylinder replaced, and boy does that thing have balls now, lot more than what I was used to in my fathers tdi wagon.
[right][snapback]278075[/snapback][/right]

I believe a dyno tune can alleviate some of the problems the MS3 faces... but even Mazda says it's a result of such a small turbo feeding a direct-injection engine. It's small to reduce lag and spool quickly but it runs out of "head room" at high RPMs. It's a Mitsu unit IIRC.

I've been in the Salty Sailor's tuned WRX and he has plenty of top-end power.... god that sounds wrong!! :lol: :lol: Maybe a tune is all you need for yours as well ;)

Oh yeah man, those new TDIs haul serious ass... C+D took one in a Jetta to 60 in just over 8 seconds... or just as quick as the inline-5 model. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
^^he needs AcessPort along with dyno ProTune (but then again, better to have all the supportive mods)
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Dec 11 2008, 04:08 PM Wrote:^^he needs AcessPort along with dyno ProTune  (but then again, better to have all the supportive mods)
[right][snapback]278079[/snapback][/right]

The guy that will tune my car, tunes rally cars, very well known around here. ;)

and your right, im only doing this when I have the proper supporting mods. Im in no hurry, the car is still very fun to drive, and Im in no rush to replace my tranny. :P :lol:

and I thought Andrew's car as completely stock. <_<

The turbo on the MS3 cant be that small, theres a guy in our local club putting down 258WHP with it (Mustang Dyno), that car goes like stink, but all over the place in 1st and 2nd gear....then again, maybe the tubo is maxed out at this level of power....I really dont know much about them.
Flofocus,Dec 11 2008, 03:38 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Dec 11 2008, 04:08 PM Wrote:^^he needs AcessPort along with dyno ProTune  (but then again, better to have all the supportive mods)
[right][snapback]278079[/snapback][/right]

The guy that will tune my car, tunes rally cars, very well known around here. ;)

and your right, im only doing this when I have the proper supporting mods. Im in no hurry, the car is still very fun to drive, and Im in no rush to replace my tranny. :P :lol:

and I thought Andrew's car as completely stock. <_<

The turbo on the MS3 cant be that small, theres a guy in our local club putting down 258WHP with it (Mustang Dyno), that car goes like stink, but all over the place in 1st and 2nd gear....then again, maybe the tubo is maxed out at this level of power....I really dont know much about them.
[right][snapback]278080[/snapback][/right]

what is the guy's shop name? a bit more info

who knows if he's good enough i might reach to ottawa

i'm most likely going to Inovative Tuning just accross the boarder on NY state side....keep hearing good things about them.... they have a low 10sec sti...but mostly im going their for reliability

i heard ms3 blow their engine mounts cause of all the power that engine produces....not sure if they took care of that issue
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Tonik motorsport.

he's on http://www.ottawasubaru.com, if hes good enough to tune succesful rally cars, hes good with me. ;)
i don't know about this new Focus RS but the original one back in 2004 (i think) when tested on the race track with STI and EVO it was just as fast. Not as fast straightaway but in the turns and curves the focus rs made up the time. It was a cornering demon.

It's still way to late to bring the focus rs into NA markets now to compete with sti and evos. I've said it like a million times and i'll say it again, it's poor timing. Focus RS 04 should have been here in 2004 and i guarantee you the focus rs would have been a household name like evo and sti with car enthusiasts. It's a little late to bring it over now the focus along with the whole company of FORD has really lost credibility. I like some of the new plans they are making but still nothing promising for NA. It's time to bring over the VERVE sport coupe!
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Flofocus,Dec 11 2008, 11:49 AM Wrote:
Quote:Meh, BMW's aren't all that

:rofl:

Quote:even the low end ones handle like a go kart from what I've heard

I take that as you havent driven one...

So you dont really know how they drive.

My 20 year old BMW drives just as nice as my focus did. My fathers 94 drove better than any newer american car Ive been in.

Go drive one, your tune will change. ;)
[right][snapback]278066[/snapback][/right]

When I said "handle like a go kart" I meant that as a compliment. When I steer a car I want the damn thing to turn NOW and in a predictable fashion, not wait while it figures out what the hell it wants to do and then surprise me :ph34r:

That was why I threw the SVT setup in my Focus, the stock setup did bad things if pushed at all (probably because of how high the centre of gravity was) heck, the Fusion leaned like hell at the Mosport DD track and I wasn't going all that fast, I'm debating the Steeda springs to try and tame that.

NefCanuck
cornflakes,Dec 11 2008, 02:21 AM Wrote:...and why are they not bringing this out to N. America still?

Hmm.....gee......i wonder why Ford is struggling to survive now.

gosh....i wonder.......
[right][snapback]278031[/snapback][/right]

I wish they would being them over too, but with the economy the way it is now, Ford would never be able to sell these in NA. Firstly to bring them over would keep them in such a high price bracket, and second to lower the price for NA's market would only skimp on the car's quality.

But I gotta say... I really like it in blue!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
ford needs to tell me we are getting this or now..
so i can stop wasting money and save for rs..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
here is few new vid

on the road..
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_hrMVghweAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39J09z7Tg-w

Marcus Gronholm drives Ford Focus RS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGizLHAvzyg
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Flofocus,Dec 11 2008, 03:38 PM Wrote:and I thought Andrew's car as completely stock. <_<

Correct, other than wheels, bottom protection and a few gadgets.

Speaking of Subes we DO all know about the coupe coming in 2010 right? RWD and AWD versions up to and including STi output in a lighter package.

[Image: car_photo_264426_25.jpg]

Yes I will be getting one.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
^^any idea on the price tag?
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2001 ZTS,Dec 13 2008, 10:00 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Dec 11 2008, 03:38 PM Wrote:and I thought Andrew's car as completely stock. <_<

Correct, other than wheels, bottom protection and a few gadgets.

Speaking of Subes we DO all know about the coupe coming in 2010 right? RWD and AWD versions up to and including STi output in a lighter package.

[Image: car_photo_264426_25.jpg]

Yes I will be getting one.
[right][snapback]278183[/snapback][/right]

In line right behind you Nate. Right behind you. :hitit:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
The range in pricing is supposed to be lower that the current Impreza range in pricing. In both cases that will be a wide range, think $22G base Impreza through to STi's. So for the coupe from <$20G up to $40 something is my guess. The base will be a RWD N/A four and the top model a AWD with the 300+HP STi engine.

Quote:The rumor mill has been spitting out bits and pieces about the upcoming sports coupe currently being co-developed between Toyota and Subaru, but details about the car’s U.S. availability have been relatively scattered. Early reports suggested both cars would be available for U.S. consumption, while others speculated that only the Subaru version would be available in the States. But according to a new report, both guesses are wrong.

While the Subaru version of the coupe is still likely on for the U.S., Toyota will also be marketing the car here in the United States. However, the new model won’t be wearing a Toyota badge but will rather be given to the automaker’s Scion youth division, according to Carscoop.

For those of you thinking the new model will eat into Scion tC sales, you’re onto something. Instead of offering two models that are relatively the same – save for which wheels provide the motivation – Scion will badge the new model as the next-generation tC.

The next tC should hit the market in late 2010 or early 2011 and will be Scion’s first rear-wheel drive model. Subaru’s version of the sport coupe will offer an optional all-wheel drive system and a turbocharged engine good for about 300 horsepower, but look for the tC to do with just the base car’s 2.0L Boxer-four – producing about 200 horsepower – in order to keep in line with Scion’s value pricing.

[Image: Subaru-coupe-front.jpg]
(remember both pictures I posted are just drawings and guesses at this time!)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!