Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car starts and dies
my 2001 ford focus DOHC, it all started when I pulled out of my parking stall, my fuel was low with the fuel lite on. stopped and got out of car to get some thing and car stalled, so I tried to start car and would not run, so went to get Gerry can of gas, car will start but not stay running,got no engine lite come on but car will run if you keep your foot on gas pedal. got my scan reader and no codes come up. got under the car and seen the medal tubing going up to the EGR valve that the nut was loose and slide down tube, tighten nut and still will not run
Welcome ... and when was the last time you had the fuel filter changed. If left too long they will restrict the flow of gas to the point where the car doesn't run right, and sometimes not at all. Letting the fuel tank run low often tends to accelerate the problem.

(01-23-2015, 06:42 AM)tdrranch Wrote: my 2001 ford focus DOHC, it all started when I pulled out of my parking stall, my fuel was low with the fuel lite on. stopped and got out of car to get some thing and car stalled, so I tried to start car and would not run, so went to get Gerry can of gas, car will start but not stay running,got no engine lite come on but car will run if you keep your foot on gas pedal. got my scan reader and no codes come up. got under the car and seen the medal tubing going up to the EGR valve that the nut was loose and slide down tube, tighten nut and still will not run
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *