Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't run after new clutch + flywheel install
Jeeze sounds like you're going thru a heck of a time. Glad you figured out your issue. I have a brand new aluminum SVT flywheel sitting in my garage if you wanted to compare crank trigger photos. Put CFM back in there place lol!
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Wow. Kinda sad that cfm doesn't understand hall effect sensor data and magnetic pickups and the importance of their precise location. Ask them if they'll tune your ecu for free to change the parameters to use the new flywheel properly. I know they're just an online performance store but they should at least by now understand basic electronics. I was about to place an order for piston rings and valve springs, I wonder if the manufacturer screws up if I'll get enough decent customer service to resolve any issues hahaha
Maybe I'm talking with something that isn't very knowledgable . This is a picture of my old aluminum flywheel that I took off . Clearly you can see the dot lining up with the bigger opening .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Well only way to know for sure is pull the new one out and put them side by side and see if the crank bolt holes and tone ring line up on both. Stack them and line up the crank holes with bolts or dowels and take a side view pic. That will remove all doubt I believe.
No doubt in my mind that this is it . Here is another member who had this same problem .

Bigger picture

2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
Since its not an OEM piece you can't really tell if that dot is even in the right place unless you take a stock or good running flywheel and compare the holes and trigger wheel back to the crank hole pattern. I have no doubt this is the case but for hard proof it has to be put side by side for cfm or their manufacturer to even acknowledge the problem.
Here they are . We swapped the ring to the correct position . Gonna fire it up tomorrow .

Side by side .

Correct position .

2002 SVT Focus
Yup perfect, send that to cfm and tell them to pay up. Glad its sorted Smile
She runs Big Grin !
2002 SVT Focus
Wooooo!!! Hehehe
Holy fawk eh.... Are you dealing with Chris?
Glad its all figured out, but as for them to reimburse you... they would need to have the items in their possession and sent off to the manufacture to be able to get/give any discount to you as a end user of the product no matter the damaging result. CFM is a good company for quality parts for our vehicles but some of the sales reps lack the knowledge we require sometimes.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Yeah I know crazy past couple of weeks . I sent Chris an email a while back but he never responded . Talked to someone named hector past couple of days . Chris sent me an email today saying he sent my photos to clutch masters . I highly doubt they will do anything for me . All I can do now is not recommend them Lol.
2002 SVT Focus
Just a little update , the car drove perfectly for three days straight after we fixed the ring . CFM really helped me in getting some money back from clutch masters . I only ended up getting $188 dollars back , Apparantly at first they said they couldn't do anything about it but CFM insisted that they did . Not much for the amount of work but hey , at least it's something right . Well after the three days, I got off of work and was heading down spears road in oakville , some may know about where I'm talking about but there is a steep hill just before Kerr st. With a bunch of apt buildings . Going up the hill I lost all my gears , I found first gear and made it up the hill . But man this car is being a royal pain in the ass . Now I'm thinking the transmission is gone . Didn't hear any grinding or anything just lost the gears . I'm also thinking it could be something to do with the linkage cables being broken . Me thinking of the worst , I picked up a parts car with 120,000 Kms on it . Will be selling the stuff I don't need really soon .

Passenger side door is smashed in but it still runs really well , borla exhaust , AEM CAI , some random enkie wheels on it . Also has some random coilovers in the back with stock struts up front .

2002 SVT Focus
Already been going crazy on it . The whole front end was smashed sometime in its life . It has a new crash bar , what appears to be a replacement header , new inner plastic fender wells , rad support has almost zero rust on it which tells me it's newer . I'll be posting a mini part out thread once I get all the parts I don't need off . Most of the interior will be available .

2002 SVT Focus
check your CFM short throw shifter. The lower ball is just pressed into the mounting hole and can come loose after a few years. I had mine fall apart twice before i welded it into place.
Mine broke off couple years ago , we welded it back on though . It's still attached to the cable .
2002 SVT Focus
Well we found the problem , linkage cables have to be replaced . Thankfully it's not the transmission . This svt motor and trans will be a good donor for my wagon. The wagon motor has a good 270,000 Kms on it so this one will be a good replacement .

2002 SVT Focus