Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star?
That's bull :blink: . Thy're just pissed cause Atlantic is a strickly insurance body shop and charges more than others because they are the best lol.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

NefCanuck,Sep 9 2008, 11:08 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Sep 9 2008, 02:12 AM Wrote:Well Daniel, I'll join the &quot;I'm glad you're OK&quot; crowd; sucks for the Fusion but it can be replaced if need be.
[right][snapback]271923[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, a bit stiff &amp; sore this morning after the adrenaline wore off (I was bouncing off the walls last night until 1AM :ph34r:

True enough that cars can be replaced (I'm sure it'll be repaired in this case though, I can't see it costing more to fix than a 6 month old car is worth) I'm just PO'ed because I'd only just had the first oil change on the thing :(

The car is going to be fixed by the bodyshop that Dixie uses (Atlantic) but when I called the broker this AM the broker was already saying things like &quot;Atlantic work isn't the best, we have a lot of return visits... yadda yadda&quot;

At this point if the insurance company acts in an unreasonable fashion, when it clearly isn't my fault I'll pay the cost of the repairs and take them to court to get my money back &lt;_&lt; I refuse to be out a car nearly a month again :angry:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]271976[/snapback][/right]

Here's my take on it, and I'm spared the chaser tow truck s*** cause I live in North Bay... damn I hate chasers. Always have, always will.

Also, and I'll say it in caps cause it matters:

WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR CAR FOR REPAIRS IS YOUR CHOICE AND SHOULD BE YOUR CHOICE ALONE. JUST BECAUSE A CHASER SHOWS UP AND TALKS YOU INTO THE TOW DOESN'T MEAN THAT HIS REPAIR/BODY SHOP IS THE BEST OR ANY GOOD AT ALL.

Got that folks? Let's not forget the percentile (&quot;points&quot;) given to chasers and indeed most tow truck drivers for cars dropped off at bodyshops. This probably applies even to the Carstar shops down there these days but you know what? Corporate image, corporate face to save. In my opinion (and this includes 4 years in the towing industry dispatching and 15+ years by association through my family), you're better off dealing with accredted facilities that have more to lose than you do. It keeps them fairly honest.

Take it to your servicing dealer's bodyshop. Carstar Collision centres are great places (normally), plus the fact they're tied in to the dealer gives them more of a public and identifiable face. This tends to make them more accountable.

I've had a bit of grief with the Stockfish Carstar centre before, but I straightened them out and they were great. They've also handled all my paint fixes and such, pre-delivery cleanups... great service.

Again, it's great service cause there's a &quot;s*** rolls downhill&quot; scenario for them if they fail. For some random bodyshop, who are they accountable to? NO ONE.

Personally, Daniel I'd get it out of Atlantic. If you want a reliable, honest shop out your way, PM me. I can make some calls. LOL yes, from up here. :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NikiterZTS,Sep 9 2008, 06:31 AM Wrote:thats is too bad Dan....really sucks

on a side note....what now?&nbsp; are u gonna be fixing this car or going to be looking for a new one?
[right][snapback]271928[/snapback][/right]

I can't see that it will cost them more to fix the car than it's worth at this point Nik (I mean the car is only 6 months old with 8,000km on it) unless the AWD hardware is badly munged, though that passenger side wheel is at a 45 degree angle now :ph34r:

If they decided to pay it out I guess I'd get another AWD Fusion, I enjoy the ride &amp; handling too much to give it up (Even though right now I could get a brand V6 auto Mustang coupe for less :blink: )

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me relaxe buddy, Atlantic Auto Body is a very very well know and planted auto colission centre, or should I say centres with more than 50 centres all over Ontario. Don't doubt it, untill you've tried it.
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

NefCanuck,Sep 9 2008, 11:18 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Sep 9 2008, 06:31 AM Wrote:thats is too bad Dan....really sucks

on a side note....what now?  are u gonna be fixing this car or going to be looking for a new one?
[right][snapback]271928[/snapback][/right]

I can't see that it will cost them more to fix the car than it's worth at this point Nik (I mean the car is only 6 months old with 8,000km on it) unless the AWD hardware is badly munged, though that passenger side wheel is at a 45 degree angle now :ph34r:

If they decided to pay it out I guess I'd get another AWD Fusion, I enjoy the ride &amp; handling too much to give it up (Even though right now I could get a brand V6 auto Mustang coupe for less :blink: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]271982[/snapback][/right]

well from the sounds of it the guy did some damage to you.....you know as they say how after accidents like that it never drives the same.....not saying that it will but just some food for thought...
lol don't get silly V6 stang
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
meford4u,Sep 9 2008, 08:02 AM Wrote:Move out of Mississauga.&nbsp; Drivers suck there.&nbsp; The number of times I have witnessed a driver running a red in that city, just awes me.
[right][snapback]271943[/snapback][/right]

I'd still have to drive in for work, besides this was a MASIV meet so it could have happened just as easily as if I was coming from Hamilton or Oakville, NVM Mississauga :(

NefCanuck
Scorcher000,Sep 9 2008, 12:30 PM Wrote:NOS2Go4Me relaxe buddy, Atlantic Auto Body is a very very well know and planted auto colission centre, or should I say centres with more than 50 centres all over Ontario. Don't doubt it, untill you've tried it.
[right][snapback]271983[/snapback][/right]

And the last thing he needs is to be getting &quot;referred&quot; there during a stressful time. I'd be checking with the insurance company first - because who knows, maybe he can't get work done there? Also, ensuring that proper parts are used maintains his vehicle's warranty... cheap parts are likely to void it.

People are PREYED upon at accident scenes by tow truck drivers steering unwary people to their shops.

How about that? It's not about relaxing, it's about getting work done to his car by a shop he doesn't know... all on the say-so of the first guy to make it there and lock up the tow because he heard the call go out over the scanner.

A shop is a shop is a shop, which is why I didn't say that all Carstar centres are perfect.

I'll re-iterate it one more time: I worked in towing for 4 VERY involved years, my brother and my father still work there. My Dad's been towing for 15 years now. Thankfully he doesn't rely on the misfortunes of others and does 95%+ &quot;account calls&quot; where established customers with fleets of heavy trucks call him to retrieve their damaged/failed units all over Ontario. Indeed, all over Canada and the US (NE states and Ontario, mostly).

I'll also re-iterate that it's HIGHLY unlikely that Atlantic isn't giving kickbacks to the drivers bringing them work and then hiding the cost of the &quot;points&quot; they pay out to the drivers in the repair bills, in extra labour charges, misc. fees, etc. It's been done for many, many years and it's not likely to stop anytime soon.

In summary, what I said holds true: tow truck drivers who scavenge or &quot;chase&quot; accident tows, in addition to reporting centre tows in the GTA or police-ordered removals, prey upon the confusion and mental distress of those parties involved. When in doubt, use your roadside assistance from Ford on your new vehicle. Accident tows to the dealer / dealer's bodyshop or repair shop of YOUR choice are covered under their Roadside Assistance on all new vehicles, to the best of my knowledge. I'll be double-checking that fact tonight.

If that's too hard to understand, misleading people and telling me to &quot;calm down&quot; doesn't change anything. I'm looking out for Daniel, first and foremost... and then his (depreciating) investment - his car.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 9 2008, 10:51 AM Wrote:Here's my take on it, and I'm spared the chaser tow truck s*** cause I live in North Bay... damn I hate chasers. Always have, always will.

Also, and I'll say it in caps cause it matters:

WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR CAR FOR REPAIRS IS YOUR CHOICE AND SHOULD BE YOUR CHOICE ALONE. JUST BECAUSE A CHASER SHOWS UP AND TALKS YOU INTO THE TOW DOESN'T MEAN THAT HIS REPAIR/BODY SHOP IS THE BEST OR ANY GOOD AT ALL.

Take it to your servicing dealer's bodyshop. Carstar Collision centres are great places (normally), plus the fact they're tied in to the dealer gives them more of a public and identifiable face. This tends to make them more accountable.

I've had a bit of grief with the Stockfish Carstar centre before, but I straightened them out and they were great. They've also handled all my paint fixes and such, pre-delivery cleanups... great service.

Again, it's great service cause there's a &quot;s*** rolls downhill&quot; scenario for them if they fail. For some random bodyshop, who are they accountable to? NO ONE.

Personally, Daniel I'd get it out of Atlantic. If you want a reliable, honest shop out your way, PM me. I can make some calls. LOL yes, from up here. :P
[right][snapback]271979[/snapback][/right]

Thing is, Atlantic is Dixie Ford's collision centre of record (I've double checked with Dixie Ford this afternoon and after dealing with them and the owner personally at the SVTOA Track weekend I have no concerns that they will screw me around on this)

What's more annoying is the mewling from the ins. co. about the fact that I want to take it to Atlantic. I'm sorry but for a six month old car why would I not go to the bodyshop recommended by the servicing dealer? It's not like the ins. co. and their &quot;guarantee&quot; is going to be worth the paper its printed on anyways &lt;_&lt;

NefCanuck
Ok, I said &quot;relaxe,&quot; not calm down. LOL :lol: . We can all tell you have beef with tow truck drivers. They're just doing they're jobs, clearing your busted ass car off the road cause a cop will charge you with obstructing traffic. Most of Atlantics opperators do get a cut of the haul, beacuse they are employed as employees or sub-contractors. So if your bustng your ass to scurry across town risking your life to hook up and get out and back to the yard as fast as you can. I expect a cut of the haul. I was simply trying to make Dan feel better about having his baby in an autobody shop which his insurance company doesn't trust. So lets have no more arguing, understandable.

oldeguy,Sep 9 2008, 08:05 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 9 2008, 09:02 AM Wrote:Move out of Mississauga.  Drivers suck there.  The number of times I have witnessed a driver running a red in that city, just awes me.
[right][snapback]271943[/snapback][/right]
I have to agree with Meford. Everytime I go &quot;out west&quot; it's like being in the Wild West, or like driving in Quebec.

Daniel, does Ford make a tank? Oh, and I'm glad your still with us.
[right][snapback]271946[/snapback][/right]

Sad thing is that I find Mississauga easier to deal with than the automotive free for all that is Toronto :ph34r: There's it's like &quot;Death Race 2000&quot; except with no heavy weapons &lt;_&lt;

As to Ford making a tank, the last vehicle they had that matches that description was the Ford Expedition a ten passenger SUV that drank gas like a drunk during a free beer night :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Excursion was the big boy lol

well Daniel I'm happy your alright, but your insurance company sounds like they don't have a clue. if they want to bitch about where you send your car then tell them that it's your money your paying them and that it's your choice for body shops that the car is repaired in.

Also they could write off your car if they so choose too, I can say this because a few weeks ago at my work, we had a 2008 Focus, and 2008 Fusion, both with less then 3,000 kms on each and I can tell you the focus faired better then the fusion we had, as everything where the trunk was was in the back seat of the fusion.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Sep 9 2008, 05:12 PM Wrote:well Daniel I'm happy your alright, but your insurance company sounds like they don't have a clue. if they want to bitch about where you send your car then tell them that it's your money your paying them and that it's your choice for body shops that the car is repaired in.

Also they could write off your car if they so choose too, I can say this because a few weeks ago at my work, we had a 2008 Focus, and 2008 Fusion, both with less then 3,000 kms on each and I can tell you the focus faired better then the fusion we had, as everything where the trunk was was in the back seat of the fusion.
[right][snapback]272031[/snapback][/right]

Yeah well, I made it clear as glass that I was going to use the shop that Dixie Ford sends their work to (Only way that Ford might not go loco on me if I have warranty repairs later down the line)

Well, if they do write off the Fusion that will be fun times all over again &lt;_&lt; esp. since now I'd be looking at having to claim a refund from Ford for the ESP I bought (again) tracking down an X-plan PIN (again) and then trying to find an '08 similarly equipped in the colour I want (as the '09's have almost no incentives that I know of)

Jump up to an MKZ maybe? :ph34r:

NefCanuck
You know you want the Linc.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Sep 9 2008, 08:16 PM Wrote:You know you want the Linc.
[right][snapback]272053[/snapback][/right]

World of diff between &quot;want&quot; &amp; &quot;need&quot; though.

The Fusion might not be as &quot;high end&quot; as the MKZ is, but the Fusion comes with everything I need when properly equipped... Saw a price for an '09 AWD Fusion on the Dixie website that's only $1,000 more than I paid for the '08 (Not that I'm hoping mine is write off, but better to know what's out there)

Meanwhile an '09 MKZ AWD, the only thing I can find at a local dealership is $47K vs. the $32K of the Fusion :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Well here is my insurance cliam story. As most of you know I had 2 not at fault accidents within 10 months. The first was on the DVP in morning rush hour. My phone was dead and I couldn't call the insurance company from the scene of the accident. The tow truck drive &quot;recomended&quot; a body shop and that is where we went. My insurance company did give me a hard time for not using a recomended shop and they had to send an adjuster out to see the car.

The second not at fault I called the insurance company from the scene and drove it to the collision reporting center. The body shop they recomended was close to home and I took it there. Big mistake!

I had to take my car in 3 times for them to get it right. Most of the aftermarket replacement parts didn't fit right. The colour was off and was a poor quality job all around. The adjuster needed to come out again to view the car again and authorize that OEM replacement parts be ordered to fix their first f#€k up. In the end I will never use that bodyshop again.

The first shop went out of their way to be sure I was happy. They fixed things that weren't even related to the accident. When I picked it up they even asked me why I didn't mention a small scratch on the rear door that was on the car when I bought it. They would have fixed that as well.

Lesson learned? Recomended body shops use cut rate parts and cheap labor. They work for the insurance companies to provide a reduced rate repair to keep their expeses down (less out of pocket for them). And keeping their customers happy because of a quick turn around. I will never use an insurance company recomended shop again. If I ever get hit again I am going back to the first body shop that the tow opperator recomended due to the fact they really wanted my business and went out of their way to prove it.

Stick to your guns Daniel. Get it done the way you want it done. Not the way they tell you it should be done.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Sry to change the subject guys but I swear I saw you Frost__2001 driving West bound on Queen St in brampton. Am I right or not?

scorcher you can start a thread in from the street about frost as for tow truck drivers recomdation sometimes they come out well but i thought tow truck drivers wern't allowed to recomend a shop isn't there a big sign at the reoprting center to not to take recomdations
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Well, just a little update, the body shop called, said the adjuster was coming out today to look at the car which considering that it took them a week last time, I think my rather pointed comments about the length of time for the adjuster to attend the last time (a week) hit home.

Signed the document authourizing the teardown once the adjuster arrives, so I'm looking at likely Thursday before I get an ETA on when I get my wheels back under me.

Going to see my chiropractor today, things feel mostly okay, so maybe I get lucky there and no further damage was done &lt;_&lt;

NefCanuck
Good luck bud! Here's hoping you're no worse off than before the accident.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daddy, How Was I Born? Scorpion 0 911 11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Scorpion