Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star?
Scorcher000,Sep 9 2008, 10:35 PM Wrote:Sry to change the subject guys but I swear I saw you Frost__2001 driving West bound on Queen St in brampton. Am I right or not?
[right][snapback]272067[/snapback][/right]

well if you saw a yellow 2002+ European Focus with a Facelift pass you near the BCC, then yes. and I must say I hate your tail lights.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Sep 10 2008, 03:22 PM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Sep 9 2008, 10:35 PM Wrote:Sry to change the subject guys but I swear I saw you Frost__2001 driving West bound on Queen St in brampton. Am I right or not?
[right][snapback]272067[/snapback][/right]

well if you saw a yellow 2002+ European Focus with a Facelift pass you near the BCC, then yes. and I must say I hate your tail lights.
[right][snapback]272128[/snapback][/right]

Bastard lol love it or hate it thats the way it is.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Glad to hear that things are moving more quickly for you this time around Daniel. Hopefully they will get things done right without taking a month to do it. But its sounding like the right time to order that body kit you were talking about. What do you say? Its already in the shop, and it needs paint.....
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I said that a a few posts ago talk to the shop im sure the might even throw the paint on them for free they will lose the costs somewhere just buy the kit and good to hear about the insurance company looking like they smartned up
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 10 2008, 05:44 PM Wrote:Glad to hear that things are moving more quickly for you this time around Daniel.&nbsp; Hopefully they will get things done right without taking a month to do it.&nbsp; But its sounding like the right time to order that body kit you were talking about.&nbsp; What do you say?&nbsp; Its already in the shop, and it needs paint.....
[right][snapback]272133[/snapback][/right]

If I had the money that was coming to me (or even a firm ETA for it) then I would have jumped at the chance, but as it stands I just want my car back and fixed right, this taxi thing is driving me crazy a lot sooner than it did the last time :( (getting left behind this morning on a scheduled pickup is a real pisser &lt;_&lt; )

If everything shakes out properly, when the money comes in I'll talk to them through Dixie Ford again and arrange to take the time off while they paint and install the parts (If I'm properly supplied I have no issues with staying housebound ;))

NefCanuck
They might refer you to Unique Collission, just down the road from the cop station thats on Dixie. Because Atlantics shop is purely Insurance Claims unless they changed they're policies. (Unique Collission is one of the many shops owned by Atlantic.)
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Geez! That sucks Daniel, glad to hear your alright though!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
jeesuz dan..&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Sounds like you need a trunk monkey or two to help take care of these idiots &lt;strike&gt;you keep running into&lt;/strike&gt; who keep running into you.
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
Don't take any s**t from the insurance companies. They have no right to tell you what shop to take it to. I've had those discussions with them, and it starts with, &quot;we'd like you to take it to....&quot; and I'd be &quot;Ontario law states that..&quot; ..&quot; ok&quot;.
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
Most dealerships and major shops have a rapport with the insurance adjusters too, so while the company line is to give you a hard time, things tend to move smoothly once the car's in your dealer's hands. By my experience anyways.
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
Hope you get your car back on the road soon -- I think we need a wing night soon.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Sep 12 2008, 07:50 AM Wrote:jeesuz dan..&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Sounds like you need a trunk monkey or two to help take care of these idiots &lt;strike&gt;you keep running into&lt;/strike&gt; who keep running into you.
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
Don't take any s*** from the insurance companies.&nbsp; They have no right to tell you what shop to take it to.&nbsp; I've had those discussions with them, and it starts with, &quot;we'd like you to take it to....&quot; and I'd be &quot;Ontario law states that..&quot; ..&quot; ok&quot;.
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
Most dealerships and major shops have a rapport with the insurance adjusters too, so while the company line is to give you a hard time, things tend to move smoothly once the car's in your dealer's hands.&nbsp; By my experience anyways.
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
Hope you get your car back on the road soon -- I think we need a wing night soon.
[right][snapback]272243[/snapback][/right]

Steve,

You have no idea how tempted I was that night to give that meathead a free demonstration of how far I could shove my cane up his @$$, a six month old car FFS :(

Yeah, once the car got to the bodyshop and Dixie knew about it things actually went quite quickly, the teardown has happened, they have an estimate and a tally of the damage that includes:

Right front suspension - toast
Right front fender - toast
bumper - toast
right headlight - toast
damage to the front passenger side door and hood

Estimate is approx $7k and ten business days to put it all back together (It better be, my mom turns 60 on Sept 26) Once it's together I've gotta find a way to &quot;stress test&quot; the work, esp. the suspension &lt;_&lt;

Yeah a wing night sounds real good ATM ;)

NefCanuck
Wing night?

Just found out I am laid off (with pay.........teehee) for the next three weeks.

My schedule is now open!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Sep 12 2008, 09:59 PM Wrote:Wing night?

Just found out I am laid off (with pay.........teehee) for the next three weeks.

My schedule is now open!
[right][snapback]272322[/snapback][/right]

I don't know whether to console you for the lay off or curse you 'cause you're still getting paid :blink: :D

I go on vacation as of Sept 26 for two weeks myself but whether I have a car by then is unknown :ph34r:

NefCanuck
God, why do I even get my hopes up?

Here's the latest, they blew past the &quot;ten days is easily achievable&quot; which was Sept 26 and when I called the bodyshop for an updatetoday (Sept 30) here's what I got:

Seems that when the car was brought to Dixie Ford to inspect the repairs they discovered that the rear seal on the diff in the back had popped thanks to the impact and a quantity of fluid had leaked out (this is supposed to be a sealed unit)

This leads to two issues now:

One, the insurance company is apparently balking, the fact that their adjuster apparently never looked at the rear of the car when making the determination to fix it or junk it never entering their alleged minds.

Two, despite me telling the towing vehicle (owned by the same bodyshop) to put the rear wheels on a dolly if a flatbed wasn't available they didn't do so and left the car running to get it to their bodyshop, so god only knows how much of the fluid was forced out while things were turning, meaning the entire rear diff might also have to get replaced.

I asked for a new ETA and was told &quot;at least a week&quot;

bangs head against wall :censored2:

I just can't win

NefCanuck
[silver lining] At least they found it before you got stranded somewhere ... at which point the insurance company would have labelled you TSOL. [/silver lining]

NefCanuck,Sep 30 2008, 09:05 PM Wrote:God, why do I even get my hopes up?

Here's the latest, they blew past the &quot;ten days is easily achievable&quot; which was Sept 26 and when I called the bodyshop for an updatetoday (Sept 30) here's what I got:

Seems that when the car was brought to Dixie Ford to inspect the repairs they discovered that the rear seal on the diff in the back had popped thanks to the impact and a quantity of fluid had leaked out (this is supposed to be a sealed unit)

One, the insurance company is apparently balking, the fact that their adjuster apparently never looked at the rear of the car when making the determination to fix it or junk it never entering their alleged minds.

Two, despite me telling the towing vehicle (owned by the same bodyshop) to put the rear wheels on a dolly if a flatbed wasn't available they didn't do so and left the car running to get it to their bodyshop, so god only knows how much of the fluid was forced out while things were turning, meaning the entire rear diff might also have to get replaced.&nbsp;

I just can't win

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]273646[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
True enough and then I would have been fighting Ford over the repair :ph34r:

NefCanuck
WOW
they didn't put the car on the flat bad?? bye bye rear differ
never ever tow AWD car on the regular tow truck

just get a new car bro

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Sep 30 2008, 10:33 PM Wrote:WOW
they didn't put the car on the flat bad??&nbsp; bye bye rear differ

just get a new car bro
[right][snapback]273652[/snapback][/right]
To Nik's point, you should be documenting as much of this as you can while it's still fresh ... hopefully I'm being seriously pessimistic here but there may come a point where you feel a new car is warranted ... in this case you have two things going for you ... two points of leverage ... 1) it was a Ford dealer supervising the repairs, and 2) Ford Credit owns the car and not you (which means that Ford Credit owns the depreciation, and not you) - leasing FTW.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Sep 30 2008, 09:43 PM Wrote:
they didn't put the car on the flat bad??  bye bye rear differ

just get a new car bro
To Nik's point, you should be documenting as much of this as you can while it's still fresh ... hopefully I'm being seriously pessimistic here but there may come a point where you feel a new car is warranted ... in this case you have two things going for you ... two points of leverage ... 1) it was a Ford dealer supervising the repairs, and 2) Ford Credit owns the car and not you (which means that Ford Credit owns the depreciation, and not you) - leasing FTW.
[right][snapback]273653[/snapback][/right]

Er, regarding point #2 I'm financing the car (at 0% interest but still)

Once you start having to drill into the floorboards to install modifications, leasing companies go &quot;I dinnae think so laddie&quot; ;)

Oh I'm documenting all of this, and getting photos of all the repaired areas once I get the car back (I'll have to get the car up on a hoist to get the underside shots)

Like I said to someone &quot;I must have been a real @$$hole in a past life and this is karmic payback&quot; &lt;_&lt;

NefCanuck
they didn't put the car on the flat bad??&nbsp; bye bye rear differ

just get a new car bro

yikes, and he's right.

I would be asking for a new car!

Good luck with the rest of this process Dan! You'll need it. :unsure:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
wow... on one hand, this is truly unfortunate.

But if the car keeps taking abuse that you can leverage for a new ride, heck, why not go for the new car?

T'is better than paying interest and depreciation on a massively repaired car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

NefCanuck,Sep 30 2008, 09:05 PM Wrote:God, why do I even get my hopes up?

Two, despite me telling the towing vehicle (owned by the same bodyshop) to put the rear wheels on a dolly if a flatbed wasn't available they didn't do so and left the car running to get it to their bodyshop, so god only knows how much of the fluid was forced out while things were turning, meaning the entire rear diff might also have to get replaced. 

I just can't win

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]273646[/snapback][/right]

Just to clear the air: the tow truck driver is liable, so long as you didn't sign a waiver before, during, or after the tow, for any damages he incurred while towing the vehicle. If he left the rear wheels of an AWD car on the ground - he's a chowderhead. He's then liable for the repairs to the powertrain.

If they left it running and in neutral (which still doesn't disconnect an always-disconnected AWD system), then you should have let the insurance company know that as soon as you called it in because that makes the tow company immediately liable. Pictures would have been good, too.

Not s***ting on you, bud... hindsight and all that eh?

Oh, and it's perfectly safe and acceptable to tow an AWD car any distance with all 4 tires up in the air. 5KM or 5000, it doesn't matter at that point. So long as you have ground clearance and they're using a wheel-lift system for one end of the car... a flatbed is purely for the owner's pride.

EDIT - if the insurance company is ADMITTING that their adjuster didn't walk the entire car properly and inpsect it thoroughly... it might be time to get yourself a lawyer if they're refusing to cover the damage. If they should have spotted the damage before and are in effect admitting their own slip-up, get a name of the person that admitted it to you, the time and date of the call if they subpeona the call tapes, etc.

Something's rotten in Denmark :o :angry:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daddy, How Was I Born? Scorpion 0 911 11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Scorpion