Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I Be Worried?
In the back of my wagon between the inside and outside walls I found this epoxy 'muffin' filled with metal shavings. What could it have been used for and why was it behind the wall panel. Is it there from the factory by accident or is it a sign that there was some work done on the car's body? What could it have been used for? Any thoughts?

I'd post the pic I just took but my Photobucket is acting up at the moment. Just picture a flat topped muffin made from clear epoxy but filled with metal shavings.
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Here's a blurry pic

[Image: muffin.jpg]
Wow, I've never seen anything like that from a car before, sorry...who's next?
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
Weird -- never seen that before.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Orgone generator?

orgone wierdness
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Yup, it's an orgone generator...every ford comes with one, as they only start with a prayer ....... lol j/k

Looks like ZTW found what it is tho...definitely weird to me...but not to others I'm sure.
So your car was previously owned by a member who practices the occult. Good stuff. If not, someone at Ford has issues! :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 26 2008, 11:13 AM Wrote:So your car was previously owned by a member who practices the occult. Good stuff. If not, someone at Ford has issues! :lol:
[right][snapback]271070[/snapback][/right]
You're probably right -- on both counts. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Last night I was debadging the wagon at work and in the right light I could see the faint markings of a Cisco Systems sticker on the back making this a former fleet vehicle (which explains the total lack of options). Maybe Cisco has some less than hi-tech troubleshooting tools that they may have left behind. :P
In my previous (and future) jobs dealing with Cisco products, sometimes the only thing that helps is prayer... :lol:
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
heelchain,Aug 26 2008, 01:42 PM Wrote:Last night I was debadging the wagon at work and in the right light I could see the faint markings of a Cisco Systems sticker on the back making this a former fleet vehicle (which explains the total lack of options).  Maybe Cisco has some less than hi-tech troubleshooting tools that they may have left behind.  :P
[right][snapback]271074[/snapback][/right]

that worry me to no end.
Orgone generator? That's more insane than the popular moron on Focus Fanatics that believes magnets on his fuel line give him better mileage.
LightAges,Aug 27 2008, 03:08 AM Wrote:Orgone generator? That's more insane than the popular moron on Focus Fanatics that believes magnets on his fuel line give him better mileage.
[right][snapback]271117[/snapback][/right]

You mean they don't??? :o

Now I have to demagnetize the entire truck... cause I figured it one magnet works...
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.