Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruise To The Warplane Museum Is This Weekend
Focus man, Focus.,Aug 15 2008, 03:39 PM Wrote:Well I have contacted the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum and gotten a group rate of $8.00 per person.  After the interest from Canadian ST's thread I think this would make a great Cruise and Photo Opp.  The dates I have listed above are the only free weekends that I have available in the coming months and that is why I have chosen them. 

What I was thinking is pick a starting point in the GTA and cruising along some scenic roads and meeting other members along the way if need be.  Spend a few hours at the museum and the finding a good spot to have a Photo Opp.  get some group shots and single shots of our rides.  habmann can probably suggest a great spot for this as he lives 15 minutes from the Museum.

Scorcher is golfing on Sept 14th so if you want to be nice to him, don't select that day.  :rolleyes:  But let’s get this done.  It would be a great opportunity for us to get out for a cruise and see some Canadian Heritage.  I am personally thinking October would be better as we would have the Autumn Colours for a backdrop for our photo opp.  Let’s hear what you have to say.

Let’s see if we can get this decided by the end of August so we can work out the final details and a route.
[right][snapback]270488[/snapback][/right]
Great idea and good work Kev (and Canadian ST) ... for me this sounds like a great opportunity to involve the whole family - both my kids love planes ... with enough time there's a great route along the Niagara Escarpment that includes some incredible roads - I voted for Oct 26th -- let me know if I can help with any of the planning etc. ... I guess it would be a bit much to turn it into a modest/informal rally??

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Cruise To The Warplane Museum Is This Weekend - ZTWsquared - 08-17-2008, 02:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cruise Weekend, Saskatoon Honkeytonk Monkey 0 946 08-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Honkeytonk Monkey