Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Those Of You Who Were Hired By Ford
In July 2008 Ford hired a few guys on here for jobs on the third shift and then consequently fired your asses before you even started.

Anyway, guess what.

There's a huge law suit that's been filed(class action) on your behalf and unless you opt out beforehand, you are automatically included in the law suit.

My suggestion? If you ever want that job at Ford, opt out or you'll never get hired. If you don't give a s***, take the $$$(If any) and run.

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnis...279596-sun.html

http://www.classactionlaw.ca/content/cla...d/Ford.htm
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Pretty sad.
How much money would they get if they do win?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
If you're about to retire, what do you got to lose. Otherwise, I don't think I'd like to be blackballed either. Tough Call.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
meford4u,Feb 20 2010, 02:38 PM Wrote:In July 2008 Ford hired a few guys on here for jobs on the third shift and then consequently fired your asses before you even started.

Anyway, guess what.

There's a huge law suit that's been filed(class action) on your behalf and unless you opt out beforehand, you are automatically included in the law suit.

My suggestion?  If you ever want that job at Ford, opt out or you'll never get hired.  If you don't give a s***, take the $$$(If any) and run.

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnis...279596-sun.html

http://www.classactionlaw.ca/content/cla...d/Ford.htm
[right][snapback]301775[/snapback][/right]

Before opting out you may also want to assess just how likely, or unlikely, it is that Ford will actually add to the workforce here in Canada - say in the next ten years or so - my bet is that they won't - what say you Bryan?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Not likely in the near future ... BUT on the other hand there is a chance that the suit may fail, in which case you will not get anything either. And even if you were to get anything it may not be much; do bear in mind that as much as it was a raw deal that Ford could have let you go without cause on Day 1 Hour 1 of your employment. When I started Ford I had to quit my job of two years to go to the orientation (not even to get hired!) had I not been picked up (they were not obligated to) I'd have been screwed, too. But I figured that you have to take some risk in order to reap some reward.

So... everyone will have to decide for themselves. I will be letting the person I "got in" know about the suit, too. If it were me I'm not sure what I'd do, but it's good to have a heads up of what you're getting yourself into. Ford could turn around and hire next week, month or never.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I think you will see Ford hiring in the next 18 months to add the third shift.

Why? They have to make room for the closing of St. Thomas and the people affected and transferring to Oakville. There are abour 250 on layoff(Windsor people mostly) and they expect 4-600 from St. Thomas. Knowing it takes about 1100 for a new shift, they will be hiring IMO.

But who the fawk knows.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
This is one of those things where you have to weigh risk vs. reward.

Will Ford ever hire for a third shift at Oakville? This depends on the vagueness of a market that can (and has) turned on a dime pretty much for no reason at all related to the industry.

Given that there are also likely many people on the recall list ahead of the shafted hires as well, I can't see much downside risk to proceeding with joining the class action lawsuit. It isn't like those people stood a reasonable chance of actually getting hired in the immediate future anyways...

NefCanuck
Yeah i recieved my OPT-out letter on thursday.....

Not sure what i am going to do.... I'd much rather have the opportunity of work vs. what ever the settlement may be, as all i really lost was the difference in wages

All depends on what happens with my current job, as GM is getting really cut throat with it's suppliers and our contract is up for bid and i could be out of another job (this one of 12 years)
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
If any of those peeps are still looking for a job, there are pleanty of jobs in the IT Sector for you.
My other ride is your Mom
My Opinion : OPT OUT!

To be honest, class action suits get nothing for the people involved in them.

The problem with class action lawsuits is that you have a lot of people going for sum of money. If you win the suit, and once the lawyers get their share, the rest, split over the number of people in the suit means you get very little of the actual settlement.

And if Ford settles, chances are it's even less than if the suit went through, which means you get even less money. And you don't exactly get a say in the matter either.

I was included in a class action lawsuit once. I got $5 at the end of it... that's not much of a win.

If you have a beef with a company and want renumeration, file your own suit. The only people who seem to win in a class action of these types tend to be the lawyers.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Well i've decided to OPT-OUT

I'm hoping it will pay off in the long term, rather than count on a short term pay off.

On a side note..... my local CAW has decided to take on GM

Keep an eye on the news, if it comes down to it we will be shutting down the Oshawa Camaro Line with a wildcat walkout as GM has awarded our current (union) jobs to an American company which will be hiring Temp agency workers
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Mar 3 2010, 09:14 PM Wrote:Keep an eye on the news, if it comes down to it we will be shutting down the Oshawa Camaro Line with a wildcat walkout as GM has awarded our current (union) jobs to an American company which will be hiring Temp agency workers
[right][snapback]302702[/snapback][/right]
Thats s***ty, my job was supposed to be sent to india at the end of December, but they are having all sorts of issues with the move....they already outsourced the development teams, and its not going good at all, so now they are holding sending the QA team over there for the moment until they figure out this crap. :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 10 2010, 03:20 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Mar 3 2010, 09:14 PM Wrote:Keep an eye on the news, if it comes down to it we will be shutting down the Oshawa Camaro Line with a wildcat walkout as GM has awarded our current (union) jobs to an American company which will be hiring Temp agency workers
[right][snapback]302702[/snapback][/right]
Thats s***ty, my job was supposed to be sent to india at the end of December, but they are having all sorts of issues with the move....they already outsourced the development teams, and its not going good at all, so now they are holding sending the QA team over there for the moment until they figure out this crap. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]303062[/snapback][/right]

Just move to India Nate. B)
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
and get paid $6/hour?

No thanks.
Flofocus,Mar 10 2010, 03:47 PM Wrote:and get paid $6/hour?

No thanks.
[right][snapback]303066[/snapback][/right]

more like $2
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Mar 10 2010, 06:19 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 10 2010, 03:47 PM Wrote:and get paid $6/hour?

No thanks.
[right][snapback]303066[/snapback][/right]

more like $2
[right][snapback]303080[/snapback][/right]
But the good news is that a bicycle is only $40
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
...and will fall apart in 1 week.
Flofocus,Mar 12 2010, 08:38 AM Wrote:...and will fall apart in 1 week.
[right][snapback]303218[/snapback][/right]

get a Tata motors car :D
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver