Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Rant
Just a small rant. As my signature says, I live in Bowmanville, home of the Darlington Nuclear Station. The Provincial Government announced earlier this week that the Government will be expanding the plant by building two new reactors, and construction will take 8-10 years to complete. Although I really have no concerns about the thought of all that radiation, just kilometers away....I am concerned that the local Timmies, which is already overcrowded at the best of times, will get even slower. :angry: :blink: :)
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Just tried Tim's hashbrown today. .99 + tax for a small, burnt, tasteless speck of potato? Nevr again.

Oh yeah, I have no problems with the radiation either.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
ahhh...spent a month there with boilermakers on feerder replacement job...Darling is a pretty good plant, great people unlike Pickering ....but even then both of them are pretty "dirty" inside.....alot of loose contimination and dozes are pretty "high"(u need to be inside the unit for 5-6 hours just equalent to one X-ray :) ) and tritium is kinda high too...so you have to wear plastic suit......i worked right on the face of CANDU nuclear reactor there for 2.5 hours,doing what i do, electrical stuff. and my doze for whole body was only 53mRem, for one X-ray at your doctors you get anywhere from 150 to 500mRem.....oh and all the people that live kilometer away or near the plant only get 0.1mRem yearly......thats like nothing...so no worries you won't grow 3 leg haha

I just came back from New Brunswick, was there for a month at LePraue plant and that is the best place i've worked so far...so clean inside of the Unit that you're aloud to walk in inside with your own clothes. And like barrely any dose. It was great.
But yea i know what Timmies you're talking about....when i was on nights it wasn't too bad.
And when are they planning to start building 2 other units? I guess they wanna sell more power to US, cause 4 units that they have right now are producing 850MWatts each, thats not small and not little.
Looks like im gonna be going back there in January to make a jump in Unit 3.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Anything that reduces our reliance on foreign electricity is a win for Ontario - be it clean coal, nuclear or "green" power - hydro, wind or solar.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Think of it this way oldeguy...

If the demand spikes you can bet your coffee cup that the Tim's will either be expanded or a second location built. That's one thing Tim's does well, adapt to changing market conditions (Hell, with all the changes to their menu recently they'd give McD's a run as a choice for a meal)

NefCanuck
CanadaSVT,Jun 18 2008, 09:52 AM Wrote:Just tried Tim's hashbrown today.  .99 + tax for a small, burnt, tasteless speck of potato?  Nevr again.

Oh yeah, I have no problems with the radiation either.
[right][snapback]267207[/snapback][/right]

Did Timmies nuke the potato speck?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
NefCanuck,Jun 18 2008, 10:24 AM Wrote:Think of it this way oldeguy...

If the demand spikes you can bet your coffee cup that the Tim's will either be expanded or a second location built.  That's one thing Tim's does well, adapt to changing market conditions (Hell, with all the changes to their menu recently they'd give McD's a run as a choice for a meal)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]267215[/snapback][/right]
Apparently, this Timmies is the fastest for drive thru service in Ontario. Which doesn't do the guy hanging out onto the on ramp from the town road to the 401 any good. You go in there anytime on Saturday or Sunday morning and it take a 1/2 hour to get your cup of addiction. The town just did some traffic management design to make it easier to get around the traffic jams. The town won't approve a new Timmies, unless the new one doesn't have a drive- thru..........
K&N Filter.....
Thats reason enough not to move there. Never mind the harmless reactors. No more drive-thru Timmies. F That!! LOL
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
just remembered.....Darlington nuke plant has their own Timmies inside....so i don't know man.....i'd reither stay at the site's TH reither then go change , go through whole security building ....by the time i get out i wasted 20-25min
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Focus man, Focus.,Jun 18 2008, 10:54 AM Wrote:Thats reason enough not to move there. Never mind the harmless reactors.  No more drive-thru Timmies.  F That!!  LOL
[right][snapback]267223[/snapback][/right]
But you can go fishing downtown................
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jun 18 2008, 09:44 AM Wrote:The town won't approve a new Timmies, unless the new one doesn't have a drive- thru..........
[right][snapback]267220[/snapback][/right]

Ah the old "No more drive throughs because of the environmental impact" dance :rolleyes:

Too late you dunderheads that genie is out of the bottle and you aren't going to be able to stuff that one back in, no matter how hard you try (I know a couple of Tim's here in Mississauga w/o drivethroughs (either too old or no space to build) and dear god getting around them is a nightmare, NVM going inside :ph34r:

I go in to the Tims when I'm by myself. Haven't found a car yet that let's me get my order and pay for it without nearly dumping everything on my lap anyways (and that's with the Tims card) :(

NefCanuck
I don't drink coffee... so I can't relate.

However, timmies has nearly gotten me addicted to the frozen capuccinos and breakfast sandwiches... they put crack in everything, dont' they?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jun 18 2008, 10:15 AM Wrote:I don't drink coffee... so I can't relate.

However, timmies has nearly gotten me addicted to the frozen capuccinos and breakfast sandwiches... they put crack in everything, dont' they?
[right][snapback]267232[/snapback][/right]

Yep, Timmy crack... it's why I'm glad that there isn't a convienient drive through on my way to work, otherwise I'd go broke on that habit :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck