Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FC.net Dyno Day
Yup different locations of the sniiffers will give you different values.

(06-24-2010, 03:44 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Joes readings are 100% for where they are at, he is reading the correct AFR at the tailpipe. Put your wideband gauge at your tailpipe and you'll probably come very close to matching his readings. I sort of wish I had an extra wideband gauge to proove/disprove this for people.

Because I was doubting my wideband a few years ago I even went and sold my almost new AEM Wideband and bought an Innovate LC-1, which is known to be a little more accurate and allow free air calibration. The net result there was no differences in my wideband readings between aem and innovate and still Joe's readings were off.

Its not his meter, its just the readings at tailpipe vs at the header.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Alright, plus I think at 13.8 AFR I would hear some knocking or something.. It seems to be fine..
So you agree that the at the header and at the pipe could change an entire point?
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
(06-24-2010, 03:44 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Joes readings are 100% for where they are at, he is reading the correct AFR at the tailpipe.
Its not his meter, its just the readings at tailpipe vs at the header.

not to stir the pot or anything, but to further what chad said...

chad has no cat
i have the stock secondary cat

our AFR's were the same on the tail pipe reading, im no expert but they shouldn't be the same, as i hear the cat changes the reading. so in theory, the reading on chads car should be similar both at the tail pipe and where his wideband is plugged into, not 1 full point off.

thats what puzzles me.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
That's exactly why I'm trusting my AFR gauge as hard mentioned..
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Ya mine and oscars were the same both runs and he has a stock cat and I have none
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Before and after cat as I tested is about .2-.3 difference in readings, so your not going to really tell. As the exhaust gases cool and the velocity slows down your readings will change.
(06-24-2010, 12:01 PM)hardk0re Wrote: Before and after cat as I tested is about .2-.3 difference in readings, so your not going to really tell. As the exhaust gases cool and the velocity slows down your readings will change.

This guy knows his stuff. Cool
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car