Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Aptitude Test Done! Hope I Get An Interview!
torradan,Jun 11 2008, 07:26 AM Wrote:I saw people show up in sneakers & jeans.
[right][snapback]266502[/snapback][/right]

Soem people really have no clue heh.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jun 11 2008, 08:48 AM Wrote:
torradan,Jun 11 2008, 07:26 AM Wrote:I saw people show up in sneakers & jeans.
[right][snapback]266502[/snapback][/right]

Soem people really have no clue heh.
[right][snapback]266517[/snapback][/right]

No kidding!

I showed up in normal interview attire -- suit, tie, polished my shoes, made sure the crap & corruption under my nails was all cleaned out (was working on the car, doing some plastering, and laying ceramic tile -- my hands were a mess). Hell I even got a haircut and had my suit pressed the day before.

The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Did anyone tell them you own a Focus?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
saw one guy wearing shorts to the interview and dress shoes
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I have the interview tomorrow......I was going to wear jeans and a dress shirt, but I guess I shouldn't.......

how long were the interviews?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
They didn't even ask what kind of vehicle we drove.. heh.. but I did park in the Ford-only lot. :)

My interview lasted maybe about 30 minutes or so.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Well i got the phone call about 10mins ago.....

I have my Hearing and Physical tests on Tuesday

Good luck to all!

And i hope to be parking beside other FocusCanada.net stickers in the parking lot!!

Oh and we did get on topic of what kind of car i drove in the interview, but it was after they asked if i knew anyone that worked in the plant...
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jun 13 2008, 07:41 PM Wrote:Well i got the phone call about 10mins ago.....

I have my Hearing and Physical tests on Tuesday

Good luck to all!

And i hope to be parking beside other FocusCanada.net stickers in the parking lot!!

Oh and we did get on topic of what kind of car i drove in the interview, but it was after they asked if i knew anyone that worked in the plant...
[right][snapback]266830[/snapback][/right]
Congrats on the new job. Hope Todd and the boy get a call soon.

When did you have your interview?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jun 13 2008, 10:51 PM Wrote:Congrats on the new job.  Hope Todd and the boy get a call soon.

[right][snapback]266838[/snapback][/right]

Thanx :D

I had my interview June 6 9:45am

So if you know of any where that i can find a cheap appartments for rent? i'm not looking to sign a long lease agreement, not until i'm passed the probationary period and in the union.
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jun 14 2008, 01:50 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jun 13 2008, 10:51 PM Wrote:Congrats on the new job.  Hope Todd and the boy get a call soon.

So if you know of any where that i can find a cheap appartments for rent? i'm not looking to sign a long lease agreement, not until i'm passed the probationary period and in the union.
[right][snapback]266845[/snapback][/right]
You don't have to worry about the probation period. I have seen asshats with less than 90 days take time off without notice, argue with the supervisor and should definately been fired. Just do what the boss asks you and blend in and everything will be fine. As for apartments, check the local paper online classifieds.......the Oakville Beaver. Yeah I know. Nice name for a paper. There are lots of apartments around Trafalgar Road and White Oaks Blvd. Cheap? I doubt that in Oakville. Expect to pay atleast $850/month for a 1 bedroom. But with the students leaving town, you should be able to find a place easily. And no, you can't move in with me. :lol:

torradan,Jun 11 2008, 02:07 PM Wrote:They didn't even ask what kind of vehicle we drove.. heh.. but I did park in the Ford-only lot. :)

My interview lasted maybe about 30 minutes or so.
[right][snapback]266563[/snapback][/right]
the guy scheduled for his interview before Aaron was late. And denied a job right there on the spot. Dumb ass. Pretty important not to be late for a job that will change your life.

meford4u,Jun 14 2008, 07:19 AM Wrote:You don't have to worry about the probation period.  I have seen asshats with less than 90 days take time off without notice, argue with the supervisor and should definately been fired.  Just do what the boss asks you and blend in and everything will be fine.  As for apartments, check the local paper online classifieds.......the Oakville Beaver.  Yeah I know.  Nice name for a paper.  There are lots of apartments around Trafalgar Road and White Oaks Blvd.  Cheap?  I doubt that in Oakville.  Expect to pay atleast $850/month for a 1 bedroom.  But with the students leaving town, you should be able to find a place easily.  And no, you can't move in with me. :lol:
[right][snapback]266847[/snapback][/right]

Yeah i'm probably not going to look right in Oakville, maybe the surrounding area with a 20-30 drive in.

I can't live with you? Aww come on.. i'll let you drive my focus...LOL it should have the PWSC in it soon :D

meford4u,Jun 14 2008, 07:21 AM Wrote:the guy scheduled for his interview before Aaron was late.  And denied a job right there on the spot.  Dumb ass.  Pretty important not to be late for a job that will change your life.
[right][snapback]266848[/snapback][/right]

LOL yeah i was 2 hours early..... wasn't sure how much traffic i'd be fighting to get through T.O.
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jun 14 2008, 01:50 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]266845[/snapback][/right]

Just be careful when looking for a place and insist on a written agreement and READ IT! I cannot tell you the number of people that come through my office after they sign a lease that has them bent over sideways and there's jack they can do about it <_<

NefCanuck
yeah I was 20 min early for the interview and the guy before me had his name called twice, when he went in he came out 5 min later all pissed off......when I went in the interviewer told me that he liked me already because I came early.

I got the Job also, but I knew this at the interview....

Congrats SL8RZZX3 on the job, your one out of 10,000 people that appplied to get a job.... thats a pretty big feat :)
D-Dub,Jun 14 2008, 02: Wrote:I got the Job also, but I knew this at the interview....

Congrats SL8RZZX3 on the job, your one out of 10,000 people that appplied to get a job.... thats a pretty big feat :)
[right][snapback]266859[/snapback][/right]

How did you know you had it from the interview? The guys i had my interview with didn't really let on.... and at the end i got the "don't call us we'll call you" so i was like WTF?

Yeah i'm pretty stoked that i've gotten this far! Especially with everything that is going down with GM out here!

And keep an eye out for my car.... it will be my daily driver for a while B)
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
I had a very different interview......the 5 standard questions were there but I had a huge off the record conversation with the guy..........he said I was very smart guy and didnt understand why I wanted to work there. There was more said, but Im not going to get into detail with it because its private. He didnt flat out say I had the job(because I dont think he was allowed too), but he dropped more then enough hints......I just hope Im not on trim, but whatever.
D-Dub,Jun 14 2008, 03: Wrote:I had a very different interview......the 5 standard questions were there but I had a huge off the record conversation with the guy..........he said I was very smart guy and didnt understand why I wanted to work there. There was more said, but Im not going to get into detail with it because its private. He didnt flat out say I had the job(because I dont think he was allowed too), but he dropped more then enough hints......I just hope Im not on trim, but whatever.
[right][snapback]266862[/snapback][/right]
I hope so too :D

Trim it is!!!!!

Aaron got hired today. Congrats to him.

what positions are you all getting?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Jun 15 2008, 01:12 PM Wrote:what positions are you all getting?
[right][snapback]266891[/snapback][/right]
Doggie-style for the first 90 days. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Jun 15 2008, 06:29 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jun 15 2008, 01:12 PM Wrote:what positions are you all getting?
[right][snapback]266891[/snapback][/right]
Doggie-style for the first 90 days. :lol:
[right][snapback]266899[/snapback][/right]

:ph34r: makes me kinda glad I have no shot of ever applying for a job there in assembly :lol:

NefCanuck