Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Aptitude Test Done! Hope I Get An Interview!
OAC_Sparky,Jun 15 2008, 06:29 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jun 15 2008, 01:12 PM Wrote:what positions are you all getting?
[right][snapback]266891[/snapback][/right]
Doggie-style for the first 90 days. :lol:
[right][snapback]266899[/snapback][/right]

Man this is really gonna suck not being the big dog in the yard anymore.....

:lol:

Oh well what goes around comes around i guess :unsure:

2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Whens your medical test?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Jun 16 2008, 01: Wrote:Whens your medical test?
[right][snapback]266971[/snapback][/right]

tomorrow afternoon
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
could you post what they made you do...

I have a hearing and physical test on thurday..
D-Dub,Jun 16 2008, 04: Wrote:could you post what they made you do...

[right][snapback]266992[/snapback][/right]

The last time i had the hearing test was like 10 years ago, sound proof room, headphones and tell them what side you hear a tone... general test of eye sight, which included a test for colour blindness

i figure it will be much of the same, but will let you know what all is involved

And from what the guy i spoke to on the phone said the physical test had to do with push/pull test.
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jun 16 2008, 08:36 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jun 16 2008, 04: Wrote:could you post what they made you do...

[right][snapback]266992[/snapback][/right]

The last time i had the hearing test was like 10 years ago, sound proof room, headphones and tell them what side you hear a tone... general test of eye sight, which included a test for colour blindness

i figure it will be much of the same, but will let you know what all is involved

And from what the guy i spoke to on the phone said the physical test had to do with push/pull test.
[right][snapback]267007[/snapback][/right]

And they will bend you over to see if you can "take it like a man" That's the push pull part.

Welcome to trim. :lol:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jun 16 2008, 10:11 PM Wrote:Welcome to trim. :lol:
[right][snapback]267010[/snapback][/right]
I'll have to make it a point to point and laugh as I drive by. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
better then huffing paint fumes...... :)
OK i have to ask.....

What is so bad about Trim?
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
D-Dub,Jun 17 2008, 05: Wrote:better then huffing paint fumes...... :)
[right][snapback]267029[/snapback][/right]
Paint fumes make the day slide right by. :blink:

And as of July, I no longer will be painting. Much easier job putting tape on the roof for the two tone Flex.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jun 17 2008, 08:16 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jun 17 2008, 05: Wrote:better then huffing paint fumes...... :)
Paint fumes make the day slide right by. :blink:

And as of July, I no longer will be painting. Much easier job putting tape on the roof for the two tone Flex.
[right][snapback]267038[/snapback][/right]
Does that mean you're part of the re-design team, already redesigning the Flex. Did a few reads on the Flex, "first drives". All reviews were positive, except for the fact it doesn't have a telescoping steering wheel, and some questions about who will buy one.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
D-Dub,Jun 17 2008, 06: Wrote:better then huffing paint fumes...... :)
You obviously have never worked in trim.

Most of the new hire jobs will involve climbing in and out of vehicles to install wiring looms and run down bolts and put in clips, etc. The carpal-tunnel jobs. One job I had when I worked on the line in the truck plant involved climbing in the cab, installing 2 visor clips (2 screws), the trim over the windshield (3 screws), a spacer on the cowl lip for the windshield. Then I would turn around, install the dome light (3 different screws), install the trim over the back window (3 more different screws plus the visor clip. Then climb out. Total time: 1 minute 20 seconds. All the while dragging a pneumatic screwgun.

26 new students came in yesterday, one was late and told to go home. Another decided he wasn't cut out for line work after a brief orientation class, and left (I'm thinking his mummy or daddy has deep pockets).

Trim ain't so bad right now. That's where most of the cute girl students are for the summer.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 17 2008, 11:40 AM Wrote:

Most of the new hire jobs will involve climbing in and out of vehicles to install wiring looms and run down bolts and put in clips, etc. The carpal-tunnel jobs. One job I had when I worked on the line in the truck plant involved climbing in the cab, installing 2 visor clips (2 screws), the trim over the windshield (3 screws), a spacer on the cowl lip for the windshield. Then I would turn around, install the dome light (3 different screws), install the trim over the back window (3 more different screws plus the visor clip. Then climb out. Total time: 1 minute 20 seconds. All the while dragging a pneumatic screwgun.
[right][snapback]267073[/snapback][/right]

please don't tell me that you had to do that for 8-10 hours/day :huh:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
^^ I'll pass, thanks! :lol:

*goes back to Sys Admining and other various Internet-related activities* :lol: :ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Woohoo!

Ford just called. I have a sight/hearing test this coming Tuesday, and a physical test on July 2!

I'm so stoked!
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
OAC_Sparky,Jun 17 2008, 12:40 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]267073[/snapback][/right]

Thats actually not bad.....I used to assemble a whole base cabinet with doors in that time.........
Well i had both tests today, they are all pretty easy

Just relax, first thing they do before the physical tests is take your blood pressure

Good luck everyone!

2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
NikiterZTS,Jun 17 2008, 03:43 PM Wrote:please don't tell me that you had to do that for 8-10 hours/day   :huh:
[right][snapback]267096[/snapback][/right]
Yep. 10 hours a day, 5 days a week for about 4 months. I didn't own the job so I got moved to a better, more fun job.

And I'm being sarcastic about the better, more fun part.

And I can't look at the students anymore, the last time I did that I married one, lol.

D-Dub,Jun 17 2008, 07: Wrote:Thats actually not bad.....I used to assemble a whole base cabinet with doors in that time.........
[right][snapback]267123[/snapback][/right]
It's not the installation that was the worst part (busy, but not bad). The worst part was climbing in and out of the cabs all day.
Im pretty fit just look at my avatar..