Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Aptitude Test Done! Hope I Get An Interview!
It's not about being fit, it has to do with being stooped over half the day in a hot plant sweating your bag off. CanadaSVT can vouch for me, when we worked together I was a lean 140 pounds, 28" waist and walked 18km a day on my job.

We'll see how you make out. The average number of people that can't hack it to the 90 days is about 50%.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
torradan,Jun 17 2008, 04:28 PM Wrote:Woohoo!

Ford just called.  I have a sight/hearing test this coming Tuesday, and a physical test on July 2!

I'm so stoked!
[right][snapback]267115[/snapback][/right]
Congratulations on the new job. If you guys didn't know this, getting a call for a physical is a 99% guarantee your in.

See you at the bar Todd. :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jun 17 2008, 10:38 PM Wrote:See you at the bar Todd. :D
[right][snapback]267144[/snapback][/right]
lol
And just a side note guys, I mean this in the most heartfelt way;

I'm not down on you guys nor am I trying to scare you with tales of bad jobs. I honestly think it's FANFRAKKINTASTIC that you're getting in and getting a kick at the can.

I guess it's being the father in me (I have 4 kids) that want you to succeed, so I don't want to see you guys go in with a casual attitude. This isn't 20 or 30 years ago when some of us got in. Even then it was tough. Now it's even tougher. The industry is downsizing and for every one of you that gets in there are 200 people out on the street waiting to get in. Some of those people might be the brother of the guy next to you on the line, or your foreman's kid. And these people are the most likely to hang you out to dry if you screw up.

So I mean to help you -- take this seriously -- show up on time, be prepared to work. I think all of us (CanadaSVT, Meford, and me) thought it was going to be a lot easier than it was when we started. Don't get caught up in the social BS, mind your own business; and for pete's sake don't leave your work station until you're told to leave (we've had some students leave without being let go because they saw others walking out).

Hopefully you make it past probation and then you can relax a bit. Best wishes.
Amen to that Matt. Just mind your own business at work and be pleasant. Yes Sir no Sir three bags full Sir.

As the Rock says........"Know your role and shut your hole"

meford4u,Jun 18 2008, 07:59 AM Wrote:Amen to that Matt.  Just mind your own business at work and be pleasant.  Yes Sir no Sir three bags full Sir.

As the Rock says........"Know your role and shut your hole"
[right][snapback]267168[/snapback][/right]

ATTN NEW HIRES! I got called as well, just have to go in for the physical. Just wondering if anyone knows what the first day of class is for training/safety. I was told last week in July.. Can anyone clarify? ( I was just called by a student who told me where to go for the physical, didn't specify start date)

Thanks.
I remember doing the APT test, maybe about 10 years ago. I got called for an interview, and I've never had an interview like that one before. There was three of them in the room with me and it was like good cop, bad cop and bad cop. Then like 5 minutes later it was all bad cop. It went on for 40-45min. I've never sweated so hard before. I never heard back after that.

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
I did the physical already and I havent heard back yet, so Im not to sure when the next stage is going to happen.

Union training is next I think....
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Jun 30 2008, 03: Wrote:I did the physical already and I havent heard back yet, so Im not to sure when the next stage is going to happen.

Union training is next I think....
[right][snapback]268023[/snapback][/right]

Aaron and Todd were told hiring and training toward the end of July. Don't fret if you don't hear from Ford for a week or two.

I have my physical tomorrow morning. So when i hear from them afterwards, I'll post it up here.

How I wish they would have been able to schedule me for both appointments on the same visit!
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
I'm not to sure if this has happened to any of you, but Ford called all 4 contacts I gave them....

Just a heads up, you may want to warn your contacts about the future call..

;)
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Jul 8 2008, 04: Wrote:I'm not to sure if this has happened to any of you, but Ford called all 4 contacts I gave them....

;)
[right][snapback]268311[/snapback][/right]

Yeah they have been trying to get in touch with all my references as well, only problem is we're all on holidays (GM 2 week shut down + 1 week layoff)
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
D-Dub,Jul 8 2008, 04: Wrote:I'm not to sure if this has happened to any of you, but Ford called all 4 contacts I gave them....

;)
[right][snapback]268311[/snapback][/right]

Dropping my contacts an email now to see if they have gotten called. Getting really anxious sitting in this holding pattern.

Did they call the contacts before or after the testing at the CBI place?
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Jul 9 2008, 09:58 AM Wrote:Dropping my contacts an email now to see if they have gotten called.  Getting really anxious sitting in this holding pattern.

Did they call the contacts before or after the testing at the CBI place?
[right][snapback]268369[/snapback][/right]

They called after the hearing/visual and physical abillities tests
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
ok cool. I emailed my references, and two replied that they hadn't been called yet.

So I'll just keep on sweating it out until they contact me.
--
Team PITA
torradan,Jul 9 2008, 10:40 AM Wrote:ok cool.  I emailed my references, and two replied that they hadn't been called yet.

[right][snapback]268372[/snapback][/right]

Don't worry if they can't get a hold of your references they will call you and either ask for different numbers to reach them at or for new references

I've been called twice now from the person doing my check
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jul 9 2008, 01:12 PM Wrote:
torradan,Jul 9 2008, 10:40 AM Wrote:ok cool.  I emailed my references, and two replied that they hadn't been called yet.

[right][snapback]268372[/snapback][/right]

Don't worry if they can't get a hold of your references they will call you and either ask for different numbers to reach them at or for new references

I've been called twice now from the person doing my check
[right][snapback]268380[/snapback][/right]

How long did the Physical take? I have to take time off my current job to go! haha I did my Hearing/Eye last week..

Thanks..
I think all told, the physical took about 30 minutes.
--
Team PITA
Anybody have any current tips for this process? Scheduled for aptitude test soon. This opportunity is very important to me.

Thanks so much.
No tips..just welcome to 2008 and reviving an old thread. Good luck.