Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North American Focus Vs Mexican Focus
naz,May 8 2008, 04:56 PM Wrote:the 3L turbo diesel that BMW is shipping over apparently makes 278hp, 425ftlb of torque and got 44.3mpg in the european combined cycle in a 5 series sedan   :blink:  :o

truly amazing IMHO to get fuel economy that surpasses many economy cars and power that surpasses many sporty cars in the same package
[right][snapback]263949[/snapback][/right]
That's nice but I've got a sneaking suspicion that you won't see a 3L diesel BMW in the newspaper for $14,000 at 0% financing and a free BBQ.

Therein lies the problem, people want these things but people don't want to pay for them. The Euro Focus in comparison to prices in NA is 25%-30% more expensive. To give you an idea what the Euro Focus would cost here, look at the Mazda 3. A decently equipped one costs nearly $30G. A Euro ST would cost as much as a MS3 here. How many MS3s do they sell at $36G?

If the Euro Forcus is that great, you wouldn't be able to keep Mazda3s on the lot. How many of you own one? But people think that they'll get the Euro Focus here and it'll still cost $15-20G. And still want the BBQ. :rolleyes:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,May 8 2008, 09:54 PM Wrote:Therein lies the problem, people want these things but people don't want to pay for them.

If the Euro Forcus is that great, you wouldn't be able to keep Mazda3s on the lot. How many of you own one? But people think that they'll get the Euro Focus here and it'll still cost $15-20G. And still want the BBQ.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]263950[/snapback][/right]

well said!!

EDIT: 335d will likely invoice in the US for around $37k
the thing is depending on where in Mexico you are they have both versions available for the public to buy them, also the one pictured is the photo shopped MK3 version,

Mexico still gets the MK2 Focus, the MK2.2 won't arrive there for another year or so...
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
naz,May 8 2008, 04:56 PM Wrote:the 3L turbo diesel that BMW is shipping over apparently makes 278hp, 425ftlb of torque and got 44.3mpg in the european combined cycle in a 5 series sedan  :blink:  :o

truly amazing IMHO to get fuel economy that surpasses many economy cars and power that surpasses many sporty cars in the same package
[right][snapback]263949[/snapback][/right]

Well its is amazing but the diesel engines run on more refined fuel then ours (thats what I heard anyways) Man I bet you could grive in 5 or 6th gear in the city, perfect for my wife :ph34r:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Canadian ST,May 9 2008, 12:50 AM Wrote:Well its is amazing but the diesel engines run on more refined fuel then ours (thats what I heard anyways) Man I bet you could grive in 5 or 6th gear in the city, perfect for my wife :ph34r:
[right][snapback]263978[/snapback][/right]

the diesel in the US has improved a lot so that these new euro motors can be imported over virtually unchanged. i expect canada is the same?

yes you are right any of the 3L bmw motors are very flexible and can handle that kind of gear choice around town

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North America Could Get Next-gen Ford Focus Rs ZX3_2NV 5 2,127 04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch
  Fastest North American Zetec? ZX3_2NV 24 6,751 11-03-2005, 05:36 AM
Last Post: P-51
  Ford Shelves Diesel Focus For North America Alain31 9 2,750 05-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Paparoach