Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So A Black Zx5 Tryed To Race Me
i doubt it even in 60 feet I do a 1.9 60' at the track on the street tires and the fastest I ever had any of my zx3 or zx5 was a 2.1 so sorry LOL i do 88 mph at the 1/8 which is about the same as most foci will do in the 1/4
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,May 8 2008, 07:33 PM Wrote:i doubt it even in 60 feet I do a 1.9 60' at the track on the street tires and the fastest I ever had any of my zx3 or zx5 was a 2.1 so sorry LOL i do 88 mph at the 1/8 which is about the same as most foci will do in the 1/4
[right][snapback]263975[/snapback][/right]

Really? I'm gonna have to hit up Cayuga and see how much the AWD helps the launching (That's why I figured I'd get your car until 60ft... at which point your car catches up, beats mine up and steals its lunch money :D)

NefCanuck
sounds good I will take your lunch money and what ever else you wanna give me LOL
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I was heading to work (south on 404 just past Steeles on-ramp to 404) this guy came blasting down the on ramp. Slowed down next to me on my passenger side. Cut right behind me into the HOV lane all at the same time looking right @ me as if he were taunting me. Didn't even bother to look forward and see a passenger van he was about to rear end. I backed off because I kind of felt the "impending doom". I guess he saw me do that , finally figured that he should look straight ahead. He drastically swerved right across 4 lanes onto the Sheppard exit nearly taking himself out again on the divider, that divides the Sheppard exit and the 401 entrance area! So yeah ZX3 this guy is a death wish waiting to happen, and I really don't feel like getting caught in the middle of this kid's mess!
Yaa probablly the same dude dimitri and Nef, DD1, Track Aug?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,May 9 2008, 09:36 AM Wrote:Yaa probablly the same dude dimitri and Nef, DD1, Track Aug?
[right][snapback]264001[/snapback][/right]

haha.. maybe I should meet you guys there.

We can all hop in my v6 stang, put the top down and go for a cruise down the strip. All with helmets on. post it on youtube
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Dimitri,May 9 2008, 05:25 AM Wrote:I was heading to work (south on 404 just past Steeles on-ramp to 404) this guy came blasting down the on ramp.  Slowed down next to me on my passenger side. Cut right behind me into the HOV lane all at the same time looking right @ me as if he were taunting me.  Didn't even bother to look forward and see a passenger van he was about to rear end. I backed off because I kind of felt the "impending doom". I guess he saw me do that , finally figured that he should look straight ahead. He drastically swerved right across 4 lanes onto the Sheppard exit nearly taking himself out again on the divider, that divides the Sheppard exit and the 401 entrance area! So yeah ZX3 this guy is a death wish waiting to happen, and I really don't feel like getting caught in the middle of this kid's mess!
[right][snapback]263993[/snapback][/right]
Maybe someone should get his plate number and give the OPP a call. He's givin' you guys a bad name.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
ZX3_2NV,May 9 2008, 08:36 AM Wrote:Yaa probablly the same dude dimitri and Nef, DD1, Track Aug?
[right][snapback]264001[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to see what my calendar is like... maybe by August I'll have a SRI & tune on the Fusion... assuming I can afford the $1.50/L that premium is gonna be going for by then at this rate :angry:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 9 2008, 01:47 AM Wrote:Really?  I'm gonna have to hit up Cayuga and see how much the AWD helps the launching
[right][snapback]263987[/snapback][/right]

AWD is only going to help you launch hard if you are willing to rev the motor up to a very high rpm and slip the clutch at wide open throttle (can you say 'abusive')

if your car is automatic (i think it is?) will the torque converter stall at a high enough RPM so you are in the meat of the powerband? if not you will bog off the line
/\ He's right
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

naz,May 9 2008, 11:19 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 9 2008, 01:47 AM Wrote:Really?  I'm gonna have to hit up Cayuga and see how much the AWD helps the launching
[right][snapback]263987[/snapback][/right]

AWD is only going to help you launch hard if you are willing to rev the motor up to a very high rpm and slip the clutch at wide open throttle (can you say 'abusive')

if your car is automatic (i think it is?) will the torque converter stall at a high enough RPM so you are in the meat of the powerband? if not you will bog off the line
[right][snapback]264019[/snapback][/right]

Really? I never noticed a bogging in the Focus when I took it to Cayuga (Now mind you this was with the FocusSport 91 reflash) the car just pulled after chirping the rubber (Nokian WR AS)

NefCanuck
ur focus was not awd
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,May 9 2008, 02:09 PM Wrote:ur focus was not awd
[right][snapback]264041[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but just the same it was an auto, so I understood that just standing on the gas off the line with the Focus would result in bogging as well...

Or am I more likely to bog down the Fusion because it is AWD? :unsure:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 9 2008, 07:11 PM Wrote:Or am I more likely to bog down the Fusion because it is AWD? :unsure:

[right][snapback]264042[/snapback][/right]

yes that is my suspicion. i think a 'brake torque' launch in an automatic AWD fusion will feel almost the same as a launch from idle (*unless* like i said before your car is in the meat of the powerband when the torque converter stalls)

and actually standing on the gas in a focus probably results in 'wheelspin' and not 'bogging'

wheelspin is where you have more torque than grip.. bogging is where you have more grip than torque

you don't bog in a focus because you have fwd open diff. it takes very little power to overcome that traction.. compared to a WRX with multiple LSDs and more tire.. there is a ton more traction to overcome.. so you bog much more easily

EDIT: (in fact the whole 2 yrs i had a stock wrx i think i never had wheelspin in the dry.. there was just so much grip 217ftlb of torque could not break the tires lose.. i only got wheelspin in the wet launches (awesome) or during high speed sweepers where i had a lot of inertia ('intertial drift y0')
i have wheel spin if I punch it anything under 80 kphm dry and I have spun the wheels on the 401 over a 100 kph when it was damp out. but I only have 420tq
naz,May 9 2008, 03:10 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 9 2008, 07:11 PM Wrote:Or am I more likely to bog down the Fusion because it is AWD? :unsure:

[right][snapback]264042[/snapback][/right]

yes that is my suspicion. i think a 'brake torque' launch in an automatic AWD fusion will feel almost the same as a launch from idle (*unless* like i said before your car is in the meat of the powerband when the torque converter stalls)

and actually standing on the gas in a focus probably results in 'wheelspin' and not 'bogging'

wheelspin is where you have more torque than grip.. bogging is where you have more grip than torque

you don't bog in a focus because you have fwd open diff. it takes very little power to overcome that traction.. compared to a WRX with multiple LSDs and more tire.. there is a ton more traction to overcome.. so you bog much more easily
[right][snapback]264053[/snapback][/right]

Interesting, with the tune and the Nokians I only ever got wheelspin in the Focus with slick roads if I just stomped the gas pedal from a dead stop and even then it was only momentary (compared to the P6's, they broke loose if I pulled that stunt)

When I was out last weekend during the rain with the SVTOA in the Fusion, I was launching as hard as I dared (on a car with only 1400km) and I never heard/felt wheelspin... Watched the Stangs though... they wagged their tails like the dog kennel at feeding time as the rains hit...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 10 2008, 02:55 AM Wrote:Interesting, with the tune and the Nokians I only ever got wheelspin in the Focus with slick roads if I just stomped the gas pedal from a dead stop and even then it was only momentary
[right][snapback]264065[/snapback][/right]

i hate to say it..... but this is happening because your auto focus had very very little torque....

DD1 that's awesome. 420tq sounds like a lot of fun
naz,May 11 2008, 11:40 PM Wrote:i hate to say it..... but this is happening because your auto focus had very very little torque....

DD1 that's awesome. 420tq sounds like a lot of fun
[right][snapback]264114[/snapback][/right]

fun like a farm tractor!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I was recently coming off the Rue Nicholas exit/Greenfield exit in Ottawa in heavy rain, and when I shifted aggresively from 3rd to 4th, my car started to power slide to the right a little bit...not bad for a car with only 320tq, and going over 100km's/hr in 3rd...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,May 14 2008, 04:42 PM Wrote:I was recently coming off the Rue Nicholas exit/Greenfield exit in Ottawa in heavy rain, and when I shifted aggresively from 3rd to 4th, my car started to power slide to the right a little bit...not bad for a car with only 320tq, and going over 100km's/hr in 3rd...
[right][snapback]264381[/snapback][/right]

You guys kill me OFF RAMP means a turn im willing to bet and HEAVY RAIN means no traction. When I smash 3rd gear in my friends S2000 completly stock on dry pavement not thats impressive i was shocked when 3rd gear broke loose on me going straight
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain