Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosworth Intake Manifold
its gonna be hard to hit 180whp N/A especially with an automatic. johns was what ~130? he aint getting 50whp out of an intake mani, cams and a head, maybe 30-35 at best. Egz make ~200whp on his car but the motor is fully built and a 5spd. and in short its way more cost efficient to go boost.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Totally agree Jamie. for the 700 bucks for the cossie, you could get a UDP, cams, valvetrain which could make much more HP. Although no bling, but more go.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Spinal,Feb 10 2010, 06:44 AM Wrote:and in short its way more cost efficient to go boost.
[right][snapback]301021[/snapback][/right]

QFT

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
MTX... na I'll stick with my Autotrajic lol
Loss in power.... so be it, I don't need anymore speeding tickets
IM compared to Cams/Valves/UDP/TB.... All that stuff is slowly coming along. I'm in no rush to spend a gob of money on it just to make power. Knowing my luck it will get writen off just before the last payment.
Tunning... I don't think I'll go to Steeda, FSwerks maybe but they've always had this lil bit of attidute on the phone, not very good for business. Dasilva, ya might not deal with Foci much but atleast if something happens I have a close location where I can walk-in and tear a strip off of someone.

Either way it's just a project that will look good when its all done.

On the other hand, Kev, no the new mount doesn't have grease nipples on it lol. And the welds on the X brace could have been done by a 9 year old and this is coming from someone that doesn't know how to weld lol. But it is very strong. I couodn't bend it lol.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

John save ur money if you want bling for the show The race seats r the way to go lol Now that im finished plugging my sale.

I will like to make a comment about mail order tuning THEY DON'T ALWAYS WORK. FS works knows there crap but they don't know about our weather conditions and im not talking about snow im talking about altitude and humidity. Its wayyyyy different down there so tuning must be different aswell. It would take a lot of data logging and going back and forth to get the tune decent. But when you strap it onto a dyno and they tune it right there for you they will optimize the power the 1st time. even if it costs $200+ for an X cal plus tuning it will be better for you.

As for the actually intake there is alot of other things I would buy before I went with that I know you want them to release a supercharger kit but what if it doesn't happen. You won't be happy with a all motor car with no power I just don't think its the right thing to spend ur cash on right now.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Feb 10 2010, 08:07 AM Wrote:John save ur money if you want bling for the show The race seats r the way to go lol Now that im finished plugging my sale.

I will like to make a comment about mail order tuning THEY DON'T ALWAYS WORK. FS works knows there crap but they don't know about our weather conditions and im not talking about snow im talking about altitude and humidity. Its wayyyyy different down there so tuning must be different aswell. It would take a lot of data logging and going back and forth to get the tune decent. But when you strap it onto a dyno and they tune it right there for you they will optimize the power the 1st time. even if it costs $200+ for an X cal plus tuning it will be better for you.

As for the actually intake there is alot of other things I would buy before I went with that I know you want them to release a supercharger kit but what if it doesn't happen. You won't be happy with a all motor car with no power I just don't think its the right thing to spend ur cash on right now.
[right][snapback]301029[/snapback][/right]

Thats exactly why I never said yes to FSwerks. Altidute, humidity, are major factors for anycar.
And your seats... Don't wry, I'm still interested lol.

And somehow my Cosworth IM is already in Windsor??? Someone slipped up lol
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Yeah, and I think Stage2 cams and ATX are a nono IIRC.. I remember something about that over on FF.. a guy was having major problems. As much as I hate Oscar's sig, it's true.. NA, the expensive way to go slow. But that Cossie IM is worthless without a 2.3L head. You gotta do that next! You've been saving your pennies eh!

Let me know if you like that brace, regardless I'll probably be getting one in the spring though. But it looks like a good piece of hardware.

The only thing I don't like about FSWerks tunes are that they are box tunes. As I mentioned earlier, Tom did about 12 revisions for me to get everything perfect. So I know it's tuned for this environment. I'm very satisfied with it.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
fswerks tunes are only box tunes if you just buy xcal2/3

if you do IM or turbo etc... then you get emailed revisions just like with tom.

yes, altitude and humidity are a big difference, but you do the data logging, and he makes the new file, all to get those AFR's running in the proper range. testimonial after testimonial from FSwerks guys, i dont think hundreds of guys from th states, yes even northern states will disagree that FSwerks is the best for the focus. Even @ steeda, pat told me he got all his tricks from randy on how to tune the focus ECU, more so the duratec because it is more complex.

Personally, i would leave it with the guys that know their stuff once you start putting more air in, you get what you pay for in the end. nothing against dasilva as im sure they are great tuners, but how many duratecs have they tuned?? mite be a question you ask before getting it done somewhere.

once again good luck and do a 5 speed swap you autotragic street racer LOL
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
I know, that the box tunes are for the NA stuff, which is what we were talking about, not turbo :P

I don't disagree with you at all that FSWerks knows what they are doing with the Duratec. Them and Tom are two people that I would trust doing the tuning. I just don't agree with buying a X3, getting a box tune and that's it. And then paying 35 bucks for every revision. If I had only one box tune from FSWerks my car would be running like s***, it took a lot of tweaking to get it perfect and getting maximum output.

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
you are getting it all wrong here dude...

the tune for the cossie IM is a CUSTOM TUNE. you can buy a box tune from them or you can get custom tuning, two options where the only one that will give any true benefits are the custom ones. Just because it is N/A doesnt mean that it is a box tune. also box tunes are 25$ if you buy th hardware from them (x3,x2)

end of story.

this would be equivalent to the tune you receieved from tom, where he must revise it.

EDIT: taken right from their site: &quot;To properly function, the Cosworth intake manifold will require custom ECU programming. Please give us a call for details and prices for this service.&quot;
also for those who dont use FJ because they prefer bickering ricers on FF LOL heres a link to fswerks pricing on custom tuning:
http://forums.focaljet.com/fswerks/567688-...12-03-07-a.html

Think of it this way, 300.00 = about 3.5 hours of labour. Custom tuning is not a 20 min job. It can take hours to get a good proper safe performance tune.

Dude, I KNOW that the IM and Turbo uses custom tuning, I knew that from the start! lol I was talking about NA stuff like CAI, header, exhaust, that type of stuff are usually the BOX tunes because people don't want to pay for custom tuning.

Like I said, let's say I have a CAI and want a tune. When you buy an X3 you and say you have a CAI you'll get a simple generic tune for that. When you add this, you pay, when you add this, you pay. That's what I don't like.

I know you can just add a CAI and get custom tuning if you want, but people don't do that. They take the generic tune.

124whp/129wtq
Anyways, looks like I'm going to have to go Turbo to beat Jonny here!! :P

124whp/129wtq
or just race him to 60 since he'll have no low-end torque :lol:
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Spinal,Feb 10 2010, 12:46 PM Wrote:or just race him to 60 since he'll have no low-end torque :lol:
[right][snapback]301060[/snapback][/right]

Pssh to you Mike... lol
I just finished talkind with Matt Dasilva.
Quote:Hey , We charge $200 per hour. A bolt on job like that would usually wrap up withen the hour. We need 3-4 days booking in advanced right now, in the spring/summer 1 week notice.

Thanks

Matt Da Silva-

So thats where I'm going.
We will see what I put down for power lol. I'm hoping for 150BHP and 180TQ... doubt it though lol guys in Europe love the 2.0L with headers and IM and they push 190BHP with CAI 42lbs injectors and IM and a bone stock block/head. So we will see.

Spinal,Feb 10 2010, 01:46 PM Wrote:or just race him to 60 since he'll have no low-end torque :lol:

Peak torque for me is at 3k..

I :wub: small turbos.

Oscar The Grouch,Feb 10 2010, 02:20 PM Wrote:
Spinal,Feb 10 2010, 01:46 PM Wrote:or just race him to 60 since he'll have no low-end torque :lol:

Peak torque for me is at 3k..

I :wub: small turbos.
[right][snapback]301069[/snapback][/right]

Mine too. Well it showed 2700RPM for 165TQ with an exhaust leak and a bad motor mount lol.

tetra,Feb 10 2010, 11:45 AM Wrote:Dude, I KNOW that the IM and Turbo uses custom tuning, I knew that from the start! lol I was talking about NA stuff like CAI, header, exhaust, that type of stuff are usually the BOX tunes because people don't want to pay for custom tuning.

Like I said, let's say I have a CAI and want a tune. When you buy an X3 you and say you have a CAI you'll get a simple generic tune for that. When you add this, you pay, when you add this, you pay. That's what I don't like.

I know you can just add a CAI and get custom tuning if you want, but people don't do that. They take the generic tune.
[right][snapback]301045[/snapback][/right]

understood now LOL

i would take a guess that people do not do a custom tune for minor bolts ons because in my case, what i have on my car changes from month to month, year to year so getting a custom tune will last me 6 months or so then i will need a new one for what i am doing. I will be getting a tune done this spring, either from FSwerks or dasilva, not sure yet but it is because i will have stage 2 cams added in to the mix with an UDP for my N/A tune and another tune for a 75 shot of nitrous. should make for a fun kick. i dont really need the power for daily driving, as currently the car is more then enough, but when at the track it will always be fun to run nitrous now and again. i can get a NOS sniper kit locally for just over 400$ and a second bottle that is full for 150$.

this will be an epic year tho it seems for everyone

GFXjamie,Feb 10 2010, 03:26 PM Wrote:
tetra,Feb 10 2010, 11:45 AM Wrote:Dude, I KNOW that the IM and Turbo uses custom tuning, I knew that from the start! lol I was talking about NA stuff like CAI, header, exhaust, that type of stuff are usually the BOX tunes because people don't want to pay for custom tuning.

[right][snapback]301045[/snapback][/right]

understood now LOL

i would take a guess that people do not do a custom tune for minor bolts ons because in my case, what i have on my car changes from month to month, year to year so getting a custom tune will last me 6 months or so then i will need a new one for what i am doing. I will be getting a tune done this spring, either from FSwerks or dasilva, not sure yet but it is because i will have stage 2 cams added in to the mix with an UDP for my N/A tune and another tune for a 75 shot of nitrous. should make for a fun kick. i dont really need the power for daily driving, as currently the car is more then enough, but when at the track it will always be fun to run nitrous now and again. i can get a NOS sniper kit locally for just over 400$ and a second bottle that is full for 150$.

this will be an epic year tho it seems for everyone
[right][snapback]301079[/snapback][/right]

I've been looking at the sniper kit from CFM too lol

Seems that we will take over having the nice cars on FC.net, this year will be a good one

Hellz yeah.. sounds like a lot of people are going to have a big year.. What sucks for me is I'm limited with stuff for my 2009. I'll probably do a little bit of visuals this year. Halo lights for sure, some new rubber.

But I can't wait to see that Cossie IM.. Never seen one in person, it'll be BLING for sure! The beauty part too is what you don't have to do any modifications to get it to fit.

124whp/129wtq

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code 2004: Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck open Krusty Driver 4 2,631 11-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Krusty Driver
  2.0l cosworth intake manifold, check it out GFXjamie 8 6,889 02-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie
  Intake Manifold Design kamilk69 14 8,762 02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Jmountney1
  Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) NikiterZTS 12 4,390 07-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Last Post: NikiterZTS
  Ported 2000 Intake Manifold NikiterZTS 24 6,513 05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
  Ported Intake Manifold Alec Brandon 3 2,267 04-09-2007, 04:03 AM
  Svt Intake Manifold Popped Off? torradan 5 2,457 08-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Last Post: hardk0re