Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 15/08 - The Day Everything Changed
Car looks great...grat choice on the leather :)
Awesome choice, congrats Daniel!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Looks awesome Daniel! (except for the license plate surround as mentioned previously).

Let the modding begin!

The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Hey Dan,

nice car! nobody can fault you for that kind of upgrade!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

nice machine, steeda has a few mods for it LOL
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Nice!
Had the steering feel not killed it, I'd be driving one of those instead of the (now parked) red hatch I have now.

Congrats on a wicked ride, Daniel!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Congrats Dan, nice choice with the leather!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
nice choice, if I had a Fusion I'd do the exact same things to it as you are going to be doing. but i would have gone for black leather.

didn't you have a tuner for your focus too, should see if you can get a tune for the fusion.
'03 Focus SVT
Congrats, looks great! Welcome to the larger black Ford product family. Takes a little longer to polish and wax but in the end it's worth it. :D
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
oldeguy,Apr 16 2008, 05:51 AM Wrote:Congratulations on the "big focus". Definately a great pick! Needs a tint, rims, maybe, oh and twin turbos :lol:
[right][snapback]262147[/snapback][/right]

Twin Turbos? :blink: Geez, I want a car, not a rocket sled :D

NefCanuck
Spinal,Apr 16 2008, 08:52 AM Wrote:nice machine, steeda has a few mods for it LOL
[right][snapback]262160[/snapback][/right]

I know though predictably, Steeda USA has many *many* more choices than the local boys, hell, the USA branch is offering a Steeda SRI & Xcal 3 for a song ($700 or thereabouts) If I could find a way to get the local Steeda guys to come at least close (Or maybe buy & ship to a US drop point & make a run for da border :ph34r: :lol: )

NefCAnuck
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 16 2008, 09:55 AM Wrote:Had the steering feel not killed it, I'd be driving one of those instead of the (now parked) red hatch I have now.

Congrats on a wicked ride, Daniel!
[right][snapback]262164[/snapback][/right]

Interesting, you found the steering a bit numb eh? At slow speeds yeah the Fusions assited steering seems a bit "video gamey" but once you're up to speed the assist dials back enough to give you a nice feel as to what the car is doing (at least in the AWD trim)

NefCanuck
FocusGuy7476,Apr 16 2008, 12:48 PM Wrote:nice choice, if I had a Fusion I'd do the exact same things to it as you are going to be doing. but i would have gone for black leather.

didn't you have a tuner for your focus too, should see if you can get a tune for the fusion.
[right][snapback]262190[/snapback][/right]

Thing was that particular combo wasn't available without a long wait time and I needed a car modified so that I could drive it stat...

As to the tuner, sadly the Xcal 2 does not work with the Fusion, hence why I'm selling it (I have to get it VIN unlocked though so I've emailed FocusSport to see what they can do for me.

NefCanuck
you already know my vote for mod #1... tires!
naz,Apr 16 2008, 02:49 PM Wrote:you already know my vote for mod #1... tires!
[right][snapback]262210[/snapback][/right]

That will require rims (and those tire pressure sensors... at $100 per wheel :ph34r:) but a set of black rims would really make that car sing and note to the peanut gallery, black steel rims don't count :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 16 2008, 04:00 PM Wrote:

That will require rims (and those tire pressure sensors... at $100 per wheel :ph34r:) but a set of black rims would really make that car sing and note to the peanut gallery, black steel rims don't count :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]262213[/snapback][/right]

The trick is to find a dealership that has no clue about the wheel sensors :P Then you can go back and say, "listen, you sold me wheels, and no sensors, you should know better, give me free sensors!".

Worked for me ;)

btw.. you can get the sensors, cradles and bands for < $100/wheel ... I'll see if I can dig up that info again.

And you'll also need a TPMS tool to train the car when you swap your tires (cars have short memories)-- but those can be found cheaply too.

Or you can like the new GTR at nurburgring... they didn't bother with TPMS, and drove with the dummy light lit... then you can claim you're JDM MadTyteYO!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

NefCanuck,Apr 16 2008, 08:00 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

keep the stock wheel and mount the widest stickiest rubber you can find! (i think you can you fit 255s under the stock fenders?) EDIT: doubt the stock wheel is 8.5" wide so i guess you would need to go aftermarket to get that width anyway

also, i thought i read somewhere that 18" wheels from the edge fit onto a fusion. if this is true, that could be a cheap way to get 18"s with TMS already in place.
darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 04:27 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 16 2008, 04:00 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

The trick is to find a dealership that has no clue about the wheel sensors :P Then you can go back and say, "listen, you sold me wheels, and no sensors, you should know better, give me free sensors!".

Worked for me ;)

btw.. you can get the sensors, cradles and bands for < $100/wheel ... I'll see if I can dig up that info again.

And you'll also need a TPMS tool to train the car when you swap your tires (cars have short memories)-- but those can be found cheaply too.

Or you can like the new GTR at nurburgring... they didn't bother with TPMS, and drove with the dummy light lit... then you can claim you're JDM MadTyteYO!
[right][snapback]262220[/snapback][/right]

Speaking of dealerships that don't have a clue... I'll be interested to see if the local to me Ford dealerships will know about Fords revised service schedule for the '08s or claim ignorance (Now at 6months/8K in "severe service conditions") and try to say I have to use the old 3month/5K schedule.

I hate lights being lit on my dashboard that shouldn't be though :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 16 2008, 03:02 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Apr 16 2008, 05:51 AM Wrote:Congratulations on the "big focus". Definately a great pick! Needs a tint, rims, maybe, oh and twin turbos :lol:
[right][snapback]262147[/snapback][/right]

Twin Turbos? :blink: Geez, I want a car, not a rocket sled :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]262198[/snapback][/right]
It would be quite the stealth machine though :o
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....