Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 15/08 - The Day Everything Changed
FocusGuy7476,Apr 16 2008, 01:48 PM Wrote:nice choice, if I had a Fusion I'd do the exact same things to it as you are going to be doing. but i would have gone for black leather.

didn't you have a tuner for your focus too, should see if you can get a tune for the fusion.
[right][snapback]262190[/snapback][/right]

I have blacl leathe rin the focus, and it fawkin BURNS when in the sunlight!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 17 2008, 09:26 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Apr 16 2008, 01:48 PM Wrote:nice choice, if I had a Fusion I'd do the exact same things to it as you are going to be doing. but i would have gone for black leather.

didn't you have a tuner for your focus too, should see if you can get a tune for the fusion.

[right][snapback]262250[/snapback][/right]

you can cool down/air out the car quicker if you put the roof down...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

NefCanuck,Apr 17 2008, 01:17 AM Wrote:Speaking of dealerships that don't have a clue... I'll be interested to see if the local to me Ford dealerships will know about Fords revised service schedule for the '08s or claim ignorance (Now at 6months/8K in "severe service conditions") and try to say I have to use the old 3month/5K schedule.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]262229[/snapback][/right]

any reason why they did that?
darkpuppet,Apr 17 2008, 03:20 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 17 2008, 09:26 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]262250[/snapback][/right]

you can cool down/air out the car quicker if you put the roof down...
[right][snapback]262295[/snapback][/right]

except Im missing something :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Not a bad looking car dan, but IMO I would have put your CH sticker above the SES V6 badge, next to the passenger tail light.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
you know what else is a biatch in the summer? metal shift knobs!!!

PS flo... those foldable sun shade things are awesome
naz,Apr 17 2008, 03:57 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 17 2008, 01:17 AM Wrote:Speaking of dealerships that don't have a clue... I'll be interested to see if the local to me Ford dealerships will know about Fords revised service schedule for the '08s or claim ignorance (Now at 6months/8K in "severe service conditions") and try to say I have to use the old 3month/5K schedule.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]262229[/snapback][/right]

any reason why they did that?
[right][snapback]262307[/snapback][/right]

I spoke to the dealership GM who was handling my deal, definately a straight shooter. He says that Ford basically felt that they had no choice but to lengthen the service intervals to match the competition and dispel the belief that the Ford has a higher TCO than the competition.

I mean GM has the "engine oil life monitor" for example and last time I was in a GM dealer only had a six month service rotation (semi annual and annual servicing)

NefCAnuck
NefCanuck,Apr 18 2008, 01:07 AM Wrote:I spoke to the dealership GM who was handling my deal, definately a straight shooter.  He says that Ford basically felt that they had no choice but to lengthen the service intervals to match the competition and dispel the belief that the Ford has a higher TCO than the competition.

I mean GM has the "engine oil life monitor" for example and last time I was in a GM dealer only had a six month service rotation (semi annual and annual servicing)

NefCAnuck
[right][snapback]262327[/snapback][/right]

if you are really ana1 about your cars and you plan to keep for a long long time you should pay for a used oil analysis to make sure the interval is ok from an oil additive and wear metal standpoint

i'm always a bit suspicious whenever an OE makes a service interval change... like.. is it really no difference its a no brainer do it.. or ..well .. some additional wear but whatever.. nothing that will be noticeable during the warranty period.. extend that sh!t and let the owner deal with it

you know what i mean?
Ford increased the service interval AND extended the warranty to 5/100,000. Seems backward if they were "stretching" the interval without a valid reason or if it wasn't (in theory) a sound practice.

Part of the reason they can do this is because the dealership 5W20 is a semi-synthetic oil anyways.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Apr 18 2008, 02:19 AM Wrote:the dealership 5W20 is a semi-synthetic oil anyways.
[right][snapback]262336[/snapback][/right]

didn't realize this. that makes a lot more sense now

the dealership i used to visit pumped oil conventional valvoline oil out of a big drum.. no using OE semi synthetic oil. :(
Nice colour combination. Looks familiar.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Apr 20 2008, 06:13 PM Wrote:Nice colour combination.  Looks familiar.
[right][snapback]262493[/snapback][/right]

I'll just bet :lol:

Just call me "The poor man's MKZ" ;)

Did a run up to Georgian Downs slots today with my stepmother... 10.0l/100KM on an engine that doesn't even have 1,000km on it yet, impressive, esp. considering the extra weight of the AWD hardware

NefCanuck
Sweet ride Dan :) When we going 4 a ride?
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Burnin21,Apr 23 2008, 03:57 PM Wrote:Sweet ride Dan :) When we going 4 a ride?
[right][snapback]262739[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure we can arrange something ;)

NefCanuck
10L/100KMs is what I get on the highway if I keep my foot out of the loud pedal. You should do a tad better once the engine loosens up some, Dan. :)

Congrats again on the pimp ride!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 23 2008, 08:14 PM Wrote:10L/100KMs is what I get on the highway if I keep my foot out of the loud pedal. You should do a tad better once the engine loosens up some, Dan. :)

Congrats again on the pimp ride!
[right][snapback]262775[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, yeah I figure the engine will be broken in soon enough, already over 700km that I've put on it myself.

Oddly the computer shows that the gas mileage has only worsened to 11.4L/100 km now that I'm doing my city driving, makes me wonder just how accurate that computer actually is...

NefCanuck
well if the focus gets like 9ish city, 11.4 for a v6 with AWD sounds reasonable.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.