Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gt5 Prologue: In Stores Now!
So, um... GT5 Prologue is in stores now...

I doubt I'd get a chance to play before the weekend, but I'll try to pick it up anyways...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I was supposed to pick it up, but I refuse to play such a game without a wheel and pedal combo.
Burnout Paradise is great with the normal controller, but a simulator needs the wheel combo, IMO of course.
Have fun guys... and be sure to write your reviews :)
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Is it true there are only 5 tracks?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
darkpuppet,Apr 15 2008, 08:55 AM Wrote:So, um... GT5 Prologue is in stores now...

I doubt I'd get a chance to play before the weekend, but I'll try to pick it up anyways...
[right][snapback]262046[/snapback][/right]

Where??? I just checked future shop, bestbuys,eb games and walmart. They all said Thursday. Dahm and I called in sick today for nothing. :ph34r:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Hmmm... seems as though the futureshop website lied... I guess it's coming out the same time on PSN and in stores..

bummer..

FS website is about as accurate as a watch made in lower Elbonia (Dilbert reference ;))

NefCanuck
teehee...

[Image: DSC00005.jpg]

The trick: Just don't go to futureshop or EB!!!

Let me guess... Zellers? :D
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
nah... just my game shop (Gamerama) at Yonge and Eg. They had stacks of them there yesterday -- which neither the EB upstairs or the Futureshops (anywhere) could say...

Pay any more than the $39.95 SRP? :huh:

NefCanuck
nope.. paid the regular price, and I didn't have to cough up the pre-order fee EB charges... win win!

darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 02:43 PM Wrote:nope.. paid the regular price, and I didn't have to cough up the pre-order fee EB charges... win win!
[right][snapback]262207[/snapback][/right]

Indeed, you scored good, that you did ;)

NefCanuck
damn it. i wish i had a PS3. :(

i will have to make myself feel better by driving to the mountains to play "tarmac special stage" and sign up for another lapping school to try "licensing mode"

sigh
naz,Apr 16 2008, 03:51 PM Wrote:damn it.  i wish i had a PS3.  :(

i will have to make myself feel better by driving to the mountains to play "tarmac special stage" and sign up for another lapping school to try "licensing mode"

sigh
[right][snapback]262211[/snapback][/right]

Fortunately, GT doesn't have, "pay $8 to replace tires" mode.

So what's the verdict Puppet? Is it a buy, rent or pass? I'm thinking bout buying a PS3 before friday if its good.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Well, that really depends...

I say it's worth buying, because it costs $45 after tax -- which is cheap as far as PS3 games go... and you're talking about a game that probably has more cars than both NFS: Prostreet, Motorstorm, and Burnout.

For me, it's worth the cost for that alone, then you add in online support and a sound track.

So yeah, I think it's worth it.. and if you're going to consider prologue, I highly recommend getting the disk version -- don't download it. At least with a disk, we can sell it used later on to offset the cost of buying the full retail version.

btw... I may have started a "post your pictures of FocusCanada.net on focaljet" thread... clicky here to see what I mean

darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 05:21 PM Wrote:btw... I may have started a "post your pictures of FocusCanada.net on focaljet" thread... clicky here to see what I mean
[right][snapback]262219[/snapback][/right]

who is sicko on here???

his pic doesnt show him logged in???
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Apr 16 2008, 05:56 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 05:21 PM Wrote:btw... I may have started a "post your pictures of FocusCanada.net on focaljet" thread... clicky here to see what I mean
[right][snapback]262219[/snapback][/right]

who is sicko on here???

his pic doesnt show him logged in???
[right][snapback]262221[/snapback][/right]

I have no idea if he's a member or if he was viewing as a guest...

BTW.. I'm now the proud (virtual) owner of a Euro '06 Focus ST.. woot!

darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 07:53 PM Wrote:
naz,Apr 16 2008, 03:51 PM Wrote:damn it.  i wish i had a PS3.  :(

sigh
[right][snapback]262211[/snapback][/right]

Fortunately, GT doesn't have, "pay $8 to replace tires" mode.
[right][snapback]262212[/snapback][/right]

double sigh