FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gt5 Prologue: In Stores Now!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, um... GT5 Prologue is in stores now...

I doubt I'd get a chance to play before the weekend, but I'll try to pick it up anyways...
I was supposed to pick it up, but I refuse to play such a game without a wheel and pedal combo.
Burnout Paradise is great with the normal controller, but a simulator needs the wheel combo, IMO of course.
Have fun guys... and be sure to write your reviews :)
Is it true there are only 5 tracks?
darkpuppet,Apr 15 2008, 08:55 AM Wrote:So, um... GT5 Prologue is in stores now...

I doubt I'd get a chance to play before the weekend, but I'll try to pick it up anyways...
[right][snapback]262046[/snapback][/right]

Where??? I just checked future shop, bestbuys,eb games and walmart. They all said Thursday. Dahm and I called in sick today for nothing. :ph34r:
Hmmm... seems as though the futureshop website lied... I guess it's coming out the same time on PSN and in stores..

bummer..
FS website is about as accurate as a watch made in lower Elbonia (Dilbert reference ;))

NefCanuck
teehee...

[Image: DSC00005.jpg]

The trick: Just don't go to futureshop or EB!!!
Let me guess... Zellers? :D
nah... just my game shop (Gamerama) at Yonge and Eg. They had stacks of them there yesterday -- which neither the EB upstairs or the Futureshops (anywhere) could say...
Pay any more than the $39.95 SRP? :huh:

NefCanuck
nope.. paid the regular price, and I didn't have to cough up the pre-order fee EB charges... win win!
darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 02:43 PM Wrote:nope.. paid the regular price, and I didn't have to cough up the pre-order fee EB charges... win win!
[right][snapback]262207[/snapback][/right]

Indeed, you scored good, that you did ;)

NefCanuck
damn it. i wish i had a PS3. :(

i will have to make myself feel better by driving to the mountains to play "tarmac special stage" and sign up for another lapping school to try "licensing mode"

sigh
naz,Apr 16 2008, 03:51 PM Wrote:damn it.  i wish i had a PS3.  :(

i will have to make myself feel better by driving to the mountains to play "tarmac special stage" and sign up for another lapping school to try "licensing mode"

sigh
[right][snapback]262211[/snapback][/right]

Fortunately, GT doesn't have, "pay $8 to replace tires" mode.
So what's the verdict Puppet? Is it a buy, rent or pass? I'm thinking bout buying a PS3 before friday if its good.
Well, that really depends...

I say it's worth buying, because it costs $45 after tax -- which is cheap as far as PS3 games go... and you're talking about a game that probably has more cars than both NFS: Prostreet, Motorstorm, and Burnout.

For me, it's worth the cost for that alone, then you add in online support and a sound track.

So yeah, I think it's worth it.. and if you're going to consider prologue, I highly recommend getting the disk version -- don't download it. At least with a disk, we can sell it used later on to offset the cost of buying the full retail version.
btw... I may have started a "post your pictures of FocusCanada.net on focaljet" thread... clicky here to see what I mean
darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 05:21 PM Wrote:btw... I may have started a "post your pictures of FocusCanada.net on focaljet" thread... clicky here to see what I mean
[right][snapback]262219[/snapback][/right]

who is sicko on here???

his pic doesnt show him logged in???
ZX5focused,Apr 16 2008, 05:56 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 05:21 PM Wrote:btw... I may have started a "post your pictures of FocusCanada.net on focaljet" thread... clicky here to see what I mean
[right][snapback]262219[/snapback][/right]

who is sicko on here???

his pic doesnt show him logged in???
[right][snapback]262221[/snapback][/right]

I have no idea if he's a member or if he was viewing as a guest...

BTW.. I'm now the proud (virtual) owner of a Euro '06 Focus ST.. woot!
darkpuppet,Apr 16 2008, 07:53 PM Wrote:
naz,Apr 16 2008, 03:51 PM Wrote:damn it.  i wish i had a PS3.  :(

sigh
[right][snapback]262211[/snapback][/right]

Fortunately, GT doesn't have, "pay $8 to replace tires" mode.
[right][snapback]262212[/snapback][/right]

double sigh
Pages: 1 2 3