Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Has Been Written Off :(
wow daniel, sorry about the loss of your Foci... if your looking for another 05 - 07 I know there is a public auction at Adesa Kitchener tomorrow, and they have a few 05 - 07 foci up for grabs.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Look at it this way.
Cars a replaceable.

EVERYTHING does happen for a reason my friend.

Keep the faith Daniel!
s***ty news....so what are you replacing it with?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
OAC_Sparky,Apr 4 2008, 12:00 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 3 2008, 08:32 PM Wrote:He was expecting the "whaddya mean the bolts holding the engine in place sheared?"
[right][snapback]261193[/snapback][/right]
Yeah. But I didn't think that when I'd told you that you'd be trying it out so soon. :blink:
[right][snapback]261212[/snapback][/right]

Yeah the irony is kinda scary :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Well, just got the numbers from the adjuster today... Damn, sometimes it pays to be as anal as I am about keeping bills & things.

Let's just say it was a very positive number and I didn't lose as much as I thought I would on the original purchase price (Of course the mods over the years are -pfft- but that was to be expected)

As to where I go from here...

I will stay within the Ford family, not only because both Fords I've owned have been good to me generally (Hell the last one gave up its life for me) but because of the people I've met here that work within the Ford family are people that I want to support with my money.

I'm still torn about whether to go 05-07 again, but only because it would remind me of dad and I'm not sure I wouldn't find myself remembering and cursing what happened every time I got in the car...

So right now I'm speaking to my bank because I want to get as much cash together with what the ins. co will give me so I can to pay cash again (I hate making more payments than I already am...)

News as it develops...

NefCanuck
Go '07 with a GFX package! I'm not sure if you still need the requirement of storing a wheelchair in the trunk space.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Wow, how did I miss this? When and where did this happen? Glad to hear that you're alright. Is there another thread about the accident? I need to climb out from under the rock every now and again.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
oldeguy,Apr 4 2008, 11:49 AM Wrote:Go '07 with a GFX package! I'm not sure if you still need the requirement of storing a wheelchair in the trunk space.
[right][snapback]261245[/snapback][/right]

Nah, I'm okay on that score, but the hassle is that the SES trim level (which had the radio controls on the steering wheel) was never even offered with the GFX trim (That and in the sedan, the GFX trim would mean that crazy grocery cart handle spoiler on the rear <_<)

NefCanuck
Sad that the car is gone, but happy you're ok, and even happier that you are happy with what the insurance company has come back with! :)

Is the insurance company at least providing a rental until you find something? I'd take my time and find a car I really wanted, if I were you.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 4 2008, 12:03 PM Wrote:Wow, how did I miss this? When and where did this happen?  Glad to hear that you're alright.  Is there another thread about the accident?  I need to climb out from under the rock every now and again.
[right][snapback]261251[/snapback][/right]

Here's the link with the details:

Car crash thread

NefCanuck
Now I know why I didn't hear about this sooner. I was in Mexico. Still sucks though Daniel. Hopefully things work out for the better in the end. How are you feeling now? Any new aches and pains to deal with?

Also don't know if your mobile again but are you coming to Massiv Monday?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
i'd go with an 08 Fusion.
'03 Focus SVT
well if anything Daniel, you could take NOS's car as he is selling it, and you know it's been well taken care of, and has everything in it, dispite it being a hatch.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Apr 6 2008, 03:12 PM Wrote:well if anything Daniel, you could take NOS's car as he is selling it, and you know it's been well taken care of, and has everything in it, dispite it being a hatch.
[right][snapback]261383[/snapback][/right]

As I discovered though when I went to my selling dealer and poked around the used section first, the wiper controls for a hatch are just that more complicated that I cannot use them safely without having to pay to convert them.

For '08 Ford seems to have moved All wiper assemblies to the left again, something that is a boon for me.

As to the '08 Focus, biggest issue seems to be finding the combination I want (Sport & Auto)

Turns out after sitting in an '08 SES and going for a test drive (thank you CanadianST) that without a spoiler I would have no chance in hell of knowing where the rear ends... heck the rear window is smaller than the 05-07 Focus :blink: :ph34r:

Still thinking what I'm gonna do if the dealer can't get me the combination I want... Maybe just a used FWD Fusion, put a spoiler on that and call it a day (The AWD my dealer had listed on their website "just sold" <_< )

NefCanuck
Dan are u sure you want another focus or even fusion?...i've test drove AWD Fusion SES and wasn't all that impressed...it didn't give me a "WOW" factor
look into Subaru Imprezas...with 100K i think you can pick them up for like 13K or something....they come in auto as well....
just wanna make it clear....Do you wanna go with Ford again?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Apr 6 2008, 04:31 PM Wrote:just wanna make it clear....Do you wanna go with Ford again?
[right][snapback]261392[/snapback][/right]
Your lucky I am not a moderator.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
wow sorry to hear about the car daniel. how did it happen?
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Apr 6 2008, 05:58 PM Wrote:wow sorry to hear about the car daniel.  how did it happen?
[right][snapback]261403[/snapback][/right]

There's a thread about it but the short version is I t-boned a 19 year old bonehead driving daddy's brand new Audi that blew through a red and made a left in front of me, his excuse was that "I thought you were turning right"

From a *non* right turn lane? I was thinking "I don't drive like you, retard <_<"

NefCanuck

P.S. to Nik: Fords have never screwed me and this last one saved my life, why would I go elsewhere? :blink:
meford4u,Apr 6 2008, 06:19 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 6 2008, 04:31 PM Wrote:just wanna make it clear....Do you wanna go with Ford again?
Your lucky I am not a moderator.
[right][snapback]261402[/snapback][/right]
:rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NikiterZTS,Apr 6 2008, 09:31 PM Wrote:look into Subaru Imprezas...with 100K i think you can pick them up for like 13K or something....they come in auto as well....

as much as i love recommending a sube to anyone who will listen i think an auto impreza is a poor choice. it will be slow, the interior will suck, and the auto by definition means there is no sport driving going on (no fancy DSGs here!)

i think a used lexus would be a much better choice for a commuter / automatic car. there are a TON of low miles mint ES300/ES330 out there for $13k..

manual trans turbo impreza for sport driving i wholeheartedly support.. auto trans impreza for commuting.. IMHO.. no go