Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Know This Car
I hate you.....seriously though nice find. You'll be one of a very small amount of EAP SVT's in Canada. I don't think DRL's would be that hard, just pick up a module from the wrecker, plug it in, then do the jumper wire trick to make the fogs your DRL's. Importing fees & taxes will be minor on a $7,500 car I would think. You'll probably also have to pay 6.1% duty since its made outside NORTH America, but again minor considering the cost of the vehicle. I could be wrong about some of this as I've never imported a vehicle, but either way congrats.
Holy crap thats nice!
What resources did you use to track that thing down??
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
$7500 seems like a nice find!

have you actually been down there to check for leaks, take the compression, take a close look at the panel gaps, fender guards, under the trunk mat, headlight mounts etc to check for damage?

it is real easy to make a car look good in the pics.. also, if i knew someone was buying my car in 3 weeks you better believe i would beat the sh`t out of it, and probably invite my buddies to do the same.

importing is awesome and you can get great deals, but at the same time please be careful. i would hate for there to be another thread in 4 week detailing all of the issues you found post purchase

EDIT: always remember that you have the option to walk away and take the next flight home.... better to waste a day off and $400 in air tickets than get stuck with a money pit
great buy if u need a rear wiper let me know ill swap for the stubby or cover thats on the car
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Ya for me, I am buying a return flight ticket, just in case. No duty on the car, as long as it was made either in NA or mexico, not bad. As for how I found it, just by luck. I called some chick that had the same car, but in yellow, it was sold a week or so before. She tells me this guy is looking to unload his SVT, (family reasons) he says. This guy was just telling people that he was looking to sell it, not putting adds online or anything for it. I give him a call, and the rest you know. Yes I know I have to be careful when doing things like this, I will take a close look at the whole car before the deal goes through
love the car......

kinda gay how people take the wipers out....even rear ones.....yes its a pretty gheeey move no matter what the exuse is
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
laidman,Apr 11 2008, 04:23 PM Wrote:Yes I know I have to be careful when doing things like this, I will take a close look at the whole car before the deal goes through
[right][snapback]261833[/snapback][/right]

If you had the VIN you could do a CARFAX or similar report and even get an OASIS report from one of the Ford guys on here ... all before you even buy the ticket.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Well I hav already got the VIN and used the CarFAX. THanks for the idea though. Pretty cool program, I punched in my old cars that I had wrecked and or sold, all the info is there, so at least it isn't one of those things that always says the car is OK. As for the OASIS report, not too sure what that is, any help??
laidman,Apr 12 2008, 08:04 AM Wrote:Well I hav already got the VIN and used the CarFAX.  THanks for the idea though.  Pretty cool program, I punched in my old cars that I had wrecked and or sold, all the info is there, so at least it isn't one of those things that always says the car is OK.  As for the OASIS report, not too sure what that is, any help??
[right][snapback]261852[/snapback][/right]

It's an internal Ford report that details what warranty work may have been performed on the vehicle (and other things perhaps) but is only available from a Ford dealer and some of the guys on here from Ford can get one ... meford, OACSparky and CanadaSVT are three.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Well, an update for all who cares. I am going to hopefully pick up the car next saturday, May 3rd. All my checks have been done, and nothing has come up to bite me as of yet. I will be sending all the required info to customs on monday. If all goes well I will be driving her back saturday night.