Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ps3 Guys -- Warhawk On Sale On The Psn Store
haha..it's all good man.

I didn't realize it was open mike... I heard a lot of 'noise', and you.. that's about it.

The sound coming through my USB headset was pretty good overall tho.

I have to get a bit better at switching weapons. the direction pad method is c0mbersome IMO.. I don't like having to tap in the konami code to equip my chaff... or typing in the konami code to arm a machine gun, and end up with a butter knife.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Apr 7 2008, 08:18 AM Wrote:haha..it's all good man.

I didn't realize it was open mike... I heard a lot of 'noise', and you..  that's about it.

The sound coming through my USB headset was pretty good overall tho.

I have to get a bit better at switching weapons.  the direction pad method is c0mbersome IMO.. I don't like having to tap in the konami code to equip my chaff... or typing in the konami code to arm a machine gun, and end up with a butter knife.
[right][snapback]261438[/snapback][/right]

I wish there was voice recognition to switch weapons, that'd be sweet... Heck Ford does it in their cars thanks to Mickeysoft, how hard can it be to implement "Weapon Knife" or "Weapon BFG"? :lol:

NefCAnuck
stumbled on a player server that was a rookie 'learn how to fly' session.

t'was a lot of fun... I managed to take the win after falling 3 behind.. second time out, and finally starting to get the hang of it.

Still not good at getting chased, but a couple of, "christ, it took 12 missles to kill this guy" comments indicated I wasn't easy prey..

all this talk wants me to try this game!!
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
So yesterday, I log in for a couple of hours to play warhawk.

At first, things were going well.. the team took up their positions and played strong.. In the third game, I was able to capture the enemy's flag and return it to our base for a point with only 3 seconds remaining on the clock.

And this was after some little kid tried coaching the team by lecturing people during the game, "If you don't know how to fly, stay away from the planes"... well excuse me! I'm just going to grab this plane.... fucko...

but then I can see why some people would get frustrated. After a brief hiatus, I went back, and lost a close game, and then the wheels fell off the wagon.

While the opposing team took well-thought defensive positions and people took positions in vehicles and weapons they were strong at, my team ran around like a bunch of jackasses... people would hop into jeeps while I'm standing right there, and drive the jeep to an airplane, and then go flying off to somewhere NOT in the battle.

WTF? So I'm left there, walking like a chump in the open to only get run over by enemy tanks, jeeps, and rocket fire... it was embarrassing. From nearly 150 poinbts in 4 games, to zero points for an entire game... it definitely doesn't pay to play team CTF when everyone is there playing death match (why are my teammates wasting amo on shoot at me?).. games like that are pure frustration..

Anyhoo... was a fun outting.. got my first rank promo... will try to hit the servers again tonight.

Lol, yeah it can get frustrating at times, especially when your teammates don't have mics. Hey -- I'm no slouch -- my global ranking's around 8500, but sometimes even I get whored.

That one game I was on the other team, that Big_Smoke guy was killer, had like 75 kills -- mind you, I'm sure at least 1/2 were TOW kills -- but a kill is a kill. Anyways, if you've got someone like that on the other team, there's not much you can do, especially when you don't have any other spawn points -- all I could do was guard the flag (I nailed you on one attempt :lol: ) until a warhawk spawns, hope it doesn't get taken by a noob who turbos it into a mountain, and try to take him out a couple of times so you team can actually fight out of the base. But nobody on my team had a mic, so you can't coordinate anything.

I ended up getting Warhawk Team (top player on the losing team) but that was one of the most frustrating games I've had in a long time -- my kdr was only like .70, I average 2.0-4.0. It took a while to get like that though -- see my .92 kdr (in my sig banner)? I've worked my way up, when I was a noob I started out with a .30. Not only that, the blue Sony servers all had friendly fire at 100% -- which meant that if your temmate sent a TOW into the enemy base and you were there, you died too and counted against your KDR. Taking friendly fire changed the game completely, I heard they might bring it back in at 50%.

Don't get discouraged though. Some days though, it all comes together, sometimes not.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
By the way, if you go here:

http://stats.us.playstation.com/Warhawk/Head2Head.aspx

You can compare stats online.

Add you (darkpuppet), NefCanuck, Skyanide, and my new second file SloppySeconds. It''ll give you an idea of where you are.
Yeah, I got to learn more about the various weapons. I'm the guy who'll go from launching missles to dropping chaf because I have no idea what my ammo count is, or what's next in the rotation...

However, I did have a little fun with the sniper rifle as well.. covering my teammates from a mile away as they run into the opposing base to grab the flag.

oh helloooo little man.. you can't see me... *kapow*...
oh, you have a headache?? I have something to help with that *kapow*...
oh somebody looks like they could use a new blow hole *kapow*...
oh, you look tired, how about a couple of these to help you sleep? *kapow* *kapow*...
Somebody's jeep tires look a little overinflated... let me get that for ya... *click*, *click*.. s**t, outta ammo... brb....

darkpuppet,Apr 14 2008, 08:38 AM Wrote:Yeah, I got to learn more about the various weapons.  I'm the guy who'll go from launching missles to dropping chaf because I have no idea what my ammo count is, or what's next in the rotation...

However, I did have a little fun with the sniper rifle as well.. covering my teammates from a mile away as they run into the opposing base to grab the flag.

oh, you have a headache??  I have something to help with that *kapow*...
oh somebody looks like they could use a new blow hole  *kapow*...
oh, you look tired, how about a couple of these to help you sleep?  *kapow* *kapow*...
Somebody's jeep tires look a little overinflated... let me get that for ya... *click*, *click*.. s***, outta ammo... brb....

[right][snapback]261930[/snapback][/right]
The best is when you snipe planes out of the air. You usually get 2 shots in before they think, "Hey!! I'm getting hit!!"

And then you lead them as they turbo away...*kapow*
darkpuppet,Apr 14 2008, 07:38 AM Wrote:Yeah, I got to learn more about the various weapons.  I'm the guy who'll go from launching missles to dropping chaf because I have no idea what my ammo count is, or what's next in the rotation...

oh, you have a headache??  I have something to help with that *kapow*...
oh somebody looks like they could use a new blow hole  *kapow*...
oh, you look tired, how about a couple of these to help you sleep?  *kapow* *kapow*...
Somebody's jeep tires look a little overinflated... let me get that for ya... *click*, *click*.. s***, outta ammo... brb....

[right][snapback]261930[/snapback][/right]

Bah, I prefer whailing on the lummoxes in the air with the AA weaponry, esp. when they're busy trying to play whack-a-mole in the air with my teammates :D

Heck, point it at the ground and take out Jeeps from up high if you're so inclined (and I are :P )

"Say hello to my 'lil friend" KA-BLAM! KA-BLAM! KA-BLAM!

NefCanuck