Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking At A New Mountainbike...
hey lets not get my toy pocket bike into this :)

i pretty much have the helmet....plus i ride that thing once in a blue moon (in the hood or cottage)

by the way its broken now :(
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
i dunno bicycles seem to have all of the risk of motorcycling (and all of the cost of motorcycling) without the protection or the fun.

Do you get exercise from riding a motorcycle? .........you know you could buy a cheaper bike also.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
The fun in mountainbiking is much like the thrill of riding a motorbike. It comes with finding your rythm and clearing things you weren't able to before.

When I ride, I wear a helmet and gloves. A bit of road rash elsewhere doesn't really bother me (and I've learned how to roll too).

The difference is that when mountainbiking, I'm not cocooned and feeling clausterphobic... I'm wide open, and it's a lot easier to motivate a mountainbike to do what I want it to do over a 200-500lb MC. And that agility has benefited me in several situations when I would otherwise have been another traffic statistic.

That, and on top of your usual adrenaline from the actual ride, you get the "runner's high" that you get from exercise -- so it's a two for, and you can meander around places in the city you otherwise couldn't in any other type of transport.

Don't get me wrong, I love motorcycles too.. I just don't trust myself as I do have my lapses in attention (I've rearended more cars on my bike than in my car :S)...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

D-Dub,Mar 22 2008, 04: Wrote:Do you get exercise from riding a motorcycle?
[right][snapback]260397[/snapback][/right]

its not a cardio workout like riding a bicycle but riding a MC hard is a very physical activity.

tip: fat people should stick to cruisers and scooters
darkpuppet,Mar 22 2008, 05:00 PM Wrote:I just don't trust myself as I do have my lapses in attention (I've rearended more cars on my bike than in my car :S)...
[right][snapback]260398[/snapback][/right]

Better to rear-end someone else then be rear-ended. :P
you have more time to react when your on a mountain bike, which probably helps avoiding more accidents then riding a motorcycles.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
j3rt,Mar 23 2008, 01:06 PM Wrote:Better to rear-end someone else then be rear-ended.  :P
[right][snapback]260409[/snapback][/right]

depends on your preferences?! :ph34r:
naz,Mar 22 2008, 06:10 PM Wrote:tip: fat people should stick to cruisers and scooters
[right][snapback]260402[/snapback][/right]

another reason I ride a moutain bike!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

who the hell compare sport bikes to peddle bikes GAY

all the best with your quest puppet
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]