Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mustang
darkpuppet,Sep 16 2008, 09:58 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 16 2008, 09:32 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Sep 15 2008, 03:53 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 15 2008, 02:07 PM Wrote:["You aren't the target audience for the show"
[right][snapback]272470[/snapback][/right]

If it makes you feel any better, I still think you're a huge nerd. ;)

So are the rest of you by the way; have you ever listened to yourselves? Go back and read through this thread if you don't believe me. :lol:
[right][snapback]272472[/snapback][/right]

My point exactly you dorks.
:lol:
[right][snapback]272517[/snapback][/right]

careful you don't betray your coolness in the video game threads..

ANTHONYD,Sep 16 2008, 09:24 AM Wrote:I'm an EA guy myself but have heard good things about the 2K stuff.

Swinging a Wii remote around while playing a hockey game, just doesn't seem right actually. :lol:
[right][snapback]272514[/snapback][/right]

:P dorks indeed! :P
[right][snapback]272526[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
2001 ZTS,Sep 15 2008, 02:53 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 15 2008, 02:07 PM Wrote:["You aren't the target audience for the show"
[right][snapback]272470[/snapback][/right]

If it makes you feel any better, I still think you're a huge nerd. ;)
[right][snapback]272472[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Hey I know I'm a nerd Andrew (though I resent the term "huge" I prefer to think of myself as "larger than life" :D)

NefCanuck
Ok so I haven't read this whole thread but take a look at this link showing new pics of that pos Kit
http://shadowyflight.com/news/2008/07/atta...night-rider.php

Take a look at the intake all plastic and the spoiler is rivited on and sealed with black caucking its and auto and might even be a V6 lmfao what a sad sad excuss for a car tahts suspost to be a normal looking car and really is a super car.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

wow.. just wow...

I've seen better paintjobs done by folks on [FJ] in their local trailer parks with spraycans...

sad, so ... sad... NBC is slowly murdering my childhood.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

After seeing those pictures, I keep waiting for Vin Diesel to show up and say &quot;Michael, you owe me a 10-second car... but lose the scissor doors.&quot; :rolleyes:

That's what you get when you have a network executive's 16-year old son designing the damn car. At least, that's sure as f*** what it looks like.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Lambo doors... ghey! :fag:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Apparently KITT was stolen from Toronto during a publicity event in Toronto.

&quot;The car was making a stop in Toronto for a publicity stunt in front of Union Station on Front Street. The car was being unloaded from its transport trailer for a crowd of onlookers. When its handler turned her back for a moment, a man darts from the median, jumps into the still-running ride, and peels off heading East on Front Street.&quot;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0479....com/page2.php

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
no way i gotta see that video thats hilarious
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Bad attempt at viral marketing. :D
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
well, that was a waste of hi-def tv show time...

The writing, acting, and special effects made the original look like the fucking Dark Knight movie by comparison.

I may have to delete this from my PVR soon, as you can smell the s**t the moment the HDD spins up.

That had to be THE worst show I've ever seen in recent years. I don't know how NBC could screw it up that badly -- and yet they did. Kudos to NBC.

yaa the acting was horrible i must say as for the effects i din't think they were that bad and im not crazy about the whole transforming into a Truck the old kitt was wicked when it switched into attack mode this one just looks to over done hey atleast they turbo boosted even though it was werid that the tail pipes moved
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

the whole show looks like it was done by interns that were turned down for every other job in the industry...

Reading this made me nose-spew my coffee (I'm glad I didn't watch the show) ... I always thought we had profanity filters on here, but I guess not.

Edit - I guess Steve is exempt!

darkpuppet,Sep 25 2008, 10:47 AM Wrote:well, that was a waste of hi-def tv show time...

The writing, acting, and special effects made the original look like the f***ing Dark Knight movie by comparison.

I may have to delete this from my PVR soon, as you can smell the s*** the moment the HDD spins up.

That had to be THE worst show I've ever seen in recent years. &nbsp; I don't know how NBC could screw it up that badly -- and yet they did.  Kudos to NBC.
[right][snapback]273217[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
^^ X2! I forgot to set it to record while I was gone and from that review, I'm glad I forgot!

Did anyone else watch the Heroes 2-hour premiere? I'll be re-watching it in HD later on today... Gram's 20&quot; tube TV didn't do it justice :(
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
darkpuppet,Sep 25 2008, 09:47 AM Wrote:well, that was a waste of hi-def tv show time...

The writing, acting, and special effects made the original look like the f***ing Dark Knight movie by comparison.

I may have to delete this from my PVR soon, as you can smell the s*** the moment the HDD spins up.

That had to be THE worst show I've ever seen in recent years.&nbsp; I don't know how NBC could screw it up that badly -- and yet they did.&nbsp; Kudos to NBC.
[right][snapback]273217[/snapback][/right]

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree to some extent.

If you were going in expecting Shakespeare after seeing the pilot movie, I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head...

The original was cheese, this one isn't quite in the &quot;so bad it's Gouda&quot; territory (yet) but the need to shove in &quot;extras&quot; that weren't in the pilot movie make me wonder about the long term prospects of the thing (The conspiracy, the amnesia, the KITT &quot;truck&quot;

I'll watch its run and see if it lands in the ditch before the inital order of 13 eps. is burned off....

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 25 2008, 10:01 PM Wrote:I'm going to have to respectfully disagree to some extent.

If you were going in expecting Shakespeare after seeing the pilot movie, I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head...

The original was cheese, this one isn't quite in the &quot;so bad it's Gouda&quot; territory (yet) but the need to shove in &quot;extras&quot; that weren't in the pilot movie make me wonder about the long term prospects of the thing (The conspiracy, the amnesia, the KITT &quot;truck&quot;

I'll watch its run and see if it lands in the ditch before the inital order of 13 eps. is burned off....

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]273295[/snapback][/right]

the original was cheese, I never denied that, but c'mon... this is just pure chud.

Oh my god, it's 150 degrees in the car that's flaming and the people who aren't even sweating are taking off their clothes because they'd die if they didn't (huh?). And the dude thinks the chick is trying to get it on -- because he forgot he's in a fucking flaming car!

They tried to cover up bad acting and story writing with 101 cliched possible subplots... this show should never have progressed beyond the movie (which was bad, but not Series Premier Bad™)

The only saving grace was the brief appearance of the Stryker convertible.

But that raises the question... they have expensive cars, and a budget for effects out the wazzoo.. couldn't they spend a couple extra bucks and hire a designer or a couple of military consultants to at least make things appear feasible?

I can accept bad acting (ie, the movie), but you can't toss in poor story, cheesy effects, and forced drama.. the whole thing just fell on it's face. It's like watching VIP, but without the campiness.

I'd be embarrassed to own a GT500KR after watching that show.

I couldn't stand VIP either

will it be on every wed?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,Sep 26 2008, 08:25 AM Wrote:will it be on every wed?
[right][snapback]273325[/snapback][/right]

Yup, at least as long as people tune in... if the numbers don't hold or are bad to start with NBC might axe this one pretty quick as it costs a pretty penny to produce.

Anyone watch the east coast broadcast? I was wondering how bad the Cancon simsub actually was :ph34r:

NefCanuck
here's a review from SFGate.com...

Quote:While the network (CBS) will probably succeed there, too bad it doesn't have NBC's &quot;Knight Rider&quot; to stick into the 9 p.m. slot since it's likely to be the season's funniest sitcom.

Even though &quot;Knight Rider&quot; is allegedly a drama.

&quot;Knight Rider,&quot; which also premieres today (going up against CBS' comedy block of &quot;The New Adventures of Old Christine&quot; and &quot;Gary Unmarried&quot;), is heinously bad. It's the kind of bad that sells cheese or gets entertainment presidents fired - one or the other, or both.

Of course, anyone who would watch &quot;Knight Rider&quot; anyway - given the show's history of low expectations and the NBC movie that reinvented it - probably knows what they're getting into and won't mind that it's spectacularly awful. For some people, taste is not a choice in life.

No doubt it's a waste of effort and space to get worked up about how asinine &quot;Knight Rider&quot; is. In fact, its mere existence could hint at a devious plot by NBC to see which critics across the country will take the bait and flail away at it like a pinata of stupidity. (For example, someone might say that &quot;Knight Rider&quot; makes &quot;Baywatch&quot; look like it was made by Paul Thomas Anderson.)

Though you'd be better served watching the CBS comedy block, there's no denying that &quot;Knight Rider&quot; offers up a rare opportunity for an extremely quick drinking game.

The only rule would be that if you see something jaw-dropping bad - the acting, the writing or the special effects - then you take a drink immediately. Minutes to complete black out: T-minus five.

Maybe four if you gulp.

Whatever you do, don't TiVo this thing or you'll be in rehab before midseason.

It's not difficult to understand what went through the air-filled minds of NBC executives on this one.

First, it's a slick car commercial for a brand not to be mentioned.

Second, as probably the dumbest show of the season (and, yes, that includes Fox's stupendously witless &quot;Do Not Disturb&quot;), &quot;Knight Rider&quot; fits perfectly as a lead-in to &quot;Deal or No Deal,&quot; the dumbest reality series in America. It's a masterstroke of programming at the Peacock network.

Third, maybe stoned and bored guys will watch. Advertisers like to sell products to stoned and bored guys.

And lastly, more than just an overproduced cartoon, &quot;Knight Rider&quot; could be the kind of series that gets dissected in future years as a work of weird genius, because it manages to be dramatically absurd within moments of coming on your TV screen and never once hints that it's trying to be intentionally ludicrous.

How many series can do that? You've got 1960s-era &quot;Batman&quot; fights, a car that talks, guns that go off, CGI explosions and the lead actress strips down to her underwear before the first commercial break. They must be very proud over at NBC. And yet, just in case this series was not intended to be so hilariously unwatchable, no names of people involved have been used in this review.

Yeah, that was the gist of the &quot;pro&quot; reviews I was seeing out there.

But the pros have been wrong before and will be wrong again...

&quot;1960's era Batman fights&quot;? :rofl: now I understand why I was waiting to see BAM WHAM SOCK!

NefCanuck