Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Its A Write Off.
I think the bags go off because of deceleration force ... not impact force .... the tire that hit my car while i was going probably in the neighborhood of about 110 - 120 caused my airbags to deploy , yet the tire didnt touch the bumper of the car at all .... it hit the oil pan.... so hard the bags popped .... ahah the car launched like 3 feet in the air too hahah all at like 110 or something .... quite a fitting end for the car i think ....

I personally hate airbags and if i had been smart and unplugged the ones in my car the damage would have been new oil pan and thats it ... but since they went off the car was written off .... and its for the better since they paid me out more than i paid for the car :) and now i have a real car....lol

The deceleration force you experienced was not enough to set off the bags ... ..

out of curiosity ... how did you hit the median ?
Mike,Feb 15 2008, 12:54 PM Wrote:  and now i have a real car....[right][snapback]258146[/snapback][/right]

Whats a real car?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Feb 15 2008, 01:12 PM Wrote:
Mike,Feb 15 2008, 12:54 PM Wrote:  and now i have a real car....[right][snapback]258146[/snapback][/right]

Whats a real car?
[right][snapback]258148[/snapback][/right]
four wheels, engine of some sort, steering system, braking system and a CD player :angry:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Airbags are goofy things I find.

I was involved in auto accident in 1999 where the car flipped over TWICE on its nose but the bag only went off after the second impact (First hit was the asphalt, second hit was a combo of the asphalt and the soft shoulder, which wasn't all that soft considering it was December)

If I didn't have that airbag, dollars to soughnuts I wouldn't be driving anything right now, as I would have been quite dead :ph34r:

NefCanuck
damn nef ... sounds like a bad accident ... endo's never end up well for occupants.... glad your still with us :D
Mike,Feb 15 2008, 06:18 PM Wrote:damn nef ... sounds like a bad accident ... endo's never end up well for occupants.... glad your still with us :D
[right][snapback]258187[/snapback][/right]

The front of the right side passenger compartment was flat as a pancake (where the debris came from that shattered my tibia) if I would have had a passenger that day, they would have been dead I'm certain :ph34r:

NefCanuck
mo_focus,Feb 14 2008, 08:04 PM Wrote:+2 G35.

Used G35's are getting really cheap. PM me for pricing.

GLad you are ok man.
[right][snapback]258095[/snapback][/right]

G35 FTW

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Well I talked to State-Farm and they said if they can find me a 07 ST with the same options they will replace my car with that?? They said I wont have a choice about it either. That being said I am alowed to remove the snow tires and swaybar etc from the car...So anyone wanna help me out on Thursday? I need a jack and two jack stands (to remove the sawybar.,) :D
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Can't help but I have a jack here if you want to use it.

I sleep all day, remember?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Canadian ST,Feb 19 2008, 02:09 AM Wrote:Well I talked to State-Farm and they said if they can find me a 07 ST with the same options they will replace my car with that?? They said I wont have a choice about it either.
[right][snapback]258283[/snapback][/right]

i know its a focus board but i'm hoping they can't find a '07 ST so you will have more flexibility in what you end up with.

also, i've never heard of an insurance co forcing someone to get the same car. i thought they wrote you a cheque and that's that? does this have something to do with the focus' low 'street price' compared to its 'blue book' value
naz,Feb 19 2008, 04:50 AM Wrote:also, i've never heard of an insurance co forcing someone to get the same car. i thought they wrote you a cheque and that's that?  does this have something to do with the focus' low 'street price' compared to its 'blue book' value
[right][snapback]258297[/snapback][/right]

Not sure what ST's situation is, but if you lease a car, you're forced to get the depreciation waiver/protection through your insurance company, which means that if you write off the car in the 1st year, they will replace the car with exactly what you had or return the full purchase price of the car.

So they try like mad to find you the exact match as it's usually cheaper than reimbursing you the full amount for your new car.

hopefully I remembered that right.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Well I had full replacement cost on my insurance policy for the first 4 years so that means they have to give me a cheque for the amount I paid for the car. So even though I bought the car in 06) Tthey still have to give me the price of the car new ($25'500)So if they replace it with a 07 of the same type they save big time. :ph34r:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Gad your okay. :yikes:
NikiterZTS,Feb 18 2008, 06:44 PM Wrote:
mo_focus,Feb 14 2008, 08:04 PM Wrote:+2 G35.

Used G35's are getting really cheap. PM me for pricing.

GLad you are ok man.
[right][snapback]258095[/snapback][/right]

G35 FTW
[right][snapback]258282[/snapback][/right]

+ 4 for the G35! I just did a drive from California to Vancouver in my grandparents' G35..... The twisties going through Oregon was AMAZING!! The G35 has very good handling for the size and type of car it is..... and the acceleration is very confident. You floor it, and ur there already, not waiting to get there.

Very luxurious.... very clean cut.... very nice car! G35 FTMFW!!!!
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
naz,Feb 19 2008, 01:50 AM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Feb 19 2008, 02:09 AM Wrote:Well I talked to State-Farm and they said if they can find me a 07 ST with the same options they will replace my car with that?? They said I wont have a choice about it either.

i know its a focus board but i'm hoping they can't find a '07 ST so you will have more flexibility in what you end up with.

also, i've never heard of an insurance co forcing someone to get the same car. i thought they wrote you a cheque and that's that? does this have something to do with the focus' low 'street price' compared to its 'blue book' value
[right][snapback]258297[/snapback][/right]

I had limited depreciation insurance over here in BC.... I wrote off my 2003 ZX5 fully loaded and got 90% of MSRP which ended up being like $24,300...... Did the ZX5 really go for that much back in 2003?!?!? :blink:

good to see ur ok.... Everything happens for a reason, even the fact that the airbags didn't go off. If they went off and you didn't need it, I bet you would've been a little more banged up. nonetheless, good to see ur ok :)
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
glad to hear your ok, and trust me you don't want the airbags to go off, unless it is a highspeed collision, I had mine go off, my arms recieved 2nd degree burns, and abrasion burn and my wife got smacked in the face by hers. reguardless at least you walked away from it and thats all that matters..
i vouch for 2 door G35.......get it already
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Canadian ST,Feb 18 2008, 09:09 PM Wrote:Well I talked to State-Farm and they said if they can find me a 07 ST with the same options they will replace my car with that?? They said I wont have a choice about it either. That being said I am alowed to remove the snow tires and swaybar etc from the car...So anyone wanna help me out on Thursday? I need a jack and two jack stands (to remove the sawybar.,) :D
As long as you're not leaking crap and can be in and out on Thursday day ie 10-3(shouldn't take more than an hour or two -- I have an air compressor) you can do it in my garage, PM me.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Feb 26 2008, 02:27 AM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Feb 18 2008, 09:09 PM Wrote:Well I talked to State-Farm and they said if they can find me a 07 ST with the same options they will replace my car with that?? They said I wont have a choice about it either. That being said I am alowed to remove the snow tires and swaybar etc from the car...So anyone wanna help me out on Thursday? I need a jack and two jack stands (to remove the sawybar.,) :D
As long as you're not leaking crap and can be in and out on Thursday day ie 10-3(shouldn't take more than an hour or two -- I have an air compressor) you can do it in my garage, PM me.
[right][snapback]258796[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Sparky, I had a buddy from work bring his truck and tools down and we got the tires off, we had to put the stock ST rims back on though ( they were bald anyways) I was going to try to get my rear sway bar off but it was bent to sh@t. I did end up getting my SRI off but the filter was crushed a bit, the tube is still good though.