Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Just Me
oh so i guess you got hit on the front end. How's the engine?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
OAC_Sparky,Feb 13 2008, 09:03 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 13 2008, 02:47 PM Wrote:Of course it gives me lots of practice driving in this crap but I dislike sharing the roads with idiots who seem to the think that they possess "MaD TyT3 DrIvINg SkIlLS Y0!" and can drive at or near the posted limit in roads that are barely passible, let alone plowed <_<[right][snapback]257968[/snapback][/right]
It's not the snow that's the problem -- it just amplifies the poor driving skills of the public at large.

I would never proclaim to be the world's best driver, but I think my skills are pretty good.

Pet Peeve Number One: I take care of my vehicles: meaning I keep the tires good, my defroster works and I clear the snow off my car. Not just the windows, but generally try to make sure that if I can I clean off the top of the roof (and cap on the truck) so I can see around me and I'm not clobbering other drivers with flying ice. I have a set of snow tires for all my vehicles save the truck because those tires are M+S already.

Pet Peeve Number Two: While I agree with you about driving recklessly in poor weather, on the other hand I get irritated at drivers that drive rediculously slow or weave back and forth from one lane to another because they ( a ) are scared or ( b ) don't keep their cars in a roadworthy shape for the season. Look, the same rules apply in bad weather as in good weather. Stay in your lane, keep right except to pass.

I think if people followed a couple simple guidelines 60% of the accidents could be avoided.
[right][snapback]257989[/snapback][/right]

Oh my god, you would not believe the number of vehicles I see that barely have a patch of clear glass for the driver, let alone the snow brushed off so that they aren't shedding once they warm up & hit speed <_< :ph34r:

I dunno, I drive as conditions warrant, if my traction light is doing the Christmas light thing I slow the hell down until it shuts up, if that means guys are mugging my ass, they're the idiots as far as I'm concerned.

Esp. considering I have winter rated rubber on and not those damn "All Season" banana skins...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 13 2008, 10:13 PM Wrote:I dunno, I drive as conditions warrant, if my traction light is doing the Christmas light thing I slow the hell down until it shuts up, if that means guys are mugging my ass, they're the idiots as far as I'm concerned. [right][snapback]257993[/snapback][/right]
As long as you're not in the passing lane when you're doing it, I don't have a problem with that.

It's the people that want to plant themselves in the left lane because they're too scared crapless to change lanes or because they want to regulate my speed I have an issue with.

And that applies to any weather condition, snow or otherwise.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Feb 13 2008, 10:48 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 13 2008, 10:13 PM Wrote:I dunno, I drive as conditions warrant, if my traction light is doing the Christmas light thing I slow the hell down until it shuts up, if that means guys are mugging my ass, they're the idiots as far as I'm concerned. [right][snapback]257993[/snapback][/right]
As long as you're not in the passing lane when you're doing it, I don't have a problem with that.

It's the people that want to plant themselves in the left lane because they're too scared crapless to change lanes or because they want to regulate my speed I have an issue with.

And that applies to any weather condition, snow or otherwise.
[right][snapback]257994[/snapback][/right]

Only problem is when there's only one semi clear lane to drive in. I've tried driving where I think the other lane is, usually I'm right... but I have been wrong on occasion :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 13 2008, 10:56 PM Wrote:oh so i guess you got hit on the front end.  How's the engine?
[right][snapback]257992[/snapback][/right]

The front end damage is not to bad if thats all there was it could be fixed. The rear drivers side is gone. I'll post some pics. It figures I just put on new snow tires 1 1/2 months ago.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Holy s*** Nathan! At least you got out in one piece. And, if you do one thing for yourself this week... GO GET CHECKED OUT!

That really sucks, dude. I know you loved that car. Find another one before they all disappear!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 14 2008, 07:47 AM Wrote:That really sucks, dude. I know you loved that car. Find another one before they all disappear!
[right][snapback]258000[/snapback][/right]
New Grey 2007 ST at Ridgehill Ford in Cambridge.

A red one at Blue Star Ford in Simcoe

Let me know if you need an XPlan PIN -- and right now IIRC they have some serious discounts on the 2007s.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Feb 14 2008, 09:28 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 14 2008, 07:47 AM Wrote:That really sucks, dude. I know you loved that car. Find another one before they all disappear!
[right][snapback]258000[/snapback][/right]
New Grey 2007 ST at Ridgehill Ford in Cambridge.

A red one at Blue Star Ford in Simcoe

Let me know if you need an XPlan PIN -- and right now IIRC they have some serious discounts on the 2007s.
[right][snapback]258003[/snapback][/right]

Well I think im going to look at something different. My wife wants an Escape (whatever) I either want a Ranger FX4 or a MS3.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Love the snow and wish we get tons more! BTW I loved shovelling it at 3am Wednesday with not a sound anywhere but my shovel dumping the snow off the driveway....no snow blower yet as I'm only in my early 40's and it keeps me away from the gym. The young guy down my street uses his truck plow no matter how little snow we get....sissy :)
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Feb 14 2008, 10:25 PM Wrote:Love the snow and wish we get tons more!  BTW I loved shovelling it at 3am Wednesday with not a sound anywhere but my shovel dumping the snow off the driveway....no snow blower yet as I'm only in my early 40's and it keeps me away from the gym.  The young guy down my street uses his truck plow no matter how little snow we get....sissy :)
[right][snapback]258106[/snapback][/right]

Maybe a sissy, but he avoids the strain on his cardiovascular system that can lead to a heart attack (Which actually happened to our property manager's father last week, gent in his sixties who while shoveling snow suffered a massive coronary and died in hospital :()

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 14 2008, 10:44 PM Wrote:Maybe a sissy, but he avoids the strain on his cardiovascular system that can lead to a heart attack
Like the people who sit on the couch all day saving their cardio for something important?
Seriously though, I understand some people should take it easy out there, but the guy down my street plays ball hockey all summer long and then we get 2 cm of white powder and he starts up his full size GMC, lets it warm up for a few minutes while he brushes the snow off, and then proceeds to scrape the hell out of his driveway and make a mess of the road.
My parents are in their seventies and eighties so one of us makes sure we check to see if the driveway is clear for them. If the snow is really bad they are smart enough to stay home anyway (unlike me). ;)
After I spend two or three hours after every snowfall at work, and then mopping up after it's dragged in my building, and then going home and shovelling my own driveway.....I'm getting a little tired... Funny, up until 1985, I used to like winter.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
so i got stuck in my driveway today..........that was stupid
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Now I hear that we're scheduled to get hammered AGAIN in the GTA Sunday/Monday :ph34r:

When does it stop? :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
If it's freezing rain that will really suck.
supposed to be rain........................
K&N Filter.....
I hate winter... There I said it.

And one other thing. The Focus will not be driven next winter, being stuck three times in the past month sucks ass.
Someguy_ca,Feb 18 2008, 02:38 PM Wrote:I hate winter... There I said it.

And one other thing. The Focus will not be driven next winter, being stuck three times in the past month sucks ass.
[right][snapback]258264[/snapback][/right]
Snow tires? I haven't had any trouble in the snow, but I've got snow tires. Driven daily
K&N Filter.....
Someguy_ca,Feb 18 2008, 01:38 PM Wrote:I hate winter... There I said it.

[right][snapback]258264[/snapback][/right]

Are you still running the stock A/S rubber in the winter? That's a recipe for issues with the Focus, esp. on unplowed surfaces due to the car's light weight...

NefCanuck
good snow tires for this car and you're set.......
first winter i barely survived on those stock Micheline all season tires....it was bad
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike