Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusfest Canada
Cool guys, thanks for the interest. We may expand this and have it a different locale every year to keep it interesting. Maybe TO for 2009? As far as partnering up goes, we may be partnering up with a local Fast Fords club out here as well.
Maybe we can take a clue from the International Mustang Meet; held every year on the Labour Day weekend. They alternate between a Canadian site and an American site.
For example; this year we have it in the "West" (the Bombers belong in the West!) next year in the East and so on.
if its in winnipeg i'll go. but don't wanna travel to far.
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on
lol, thanks guys. ^^I'm holding you to that!
Dont listen to the Ontario people they have money, they're just lazy. :ph34r:
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Its not about the money its about a 22 hour drive when i can drive to the really focus fest for less time then that and it will be 10x better yaa u might be near us on a map but when i mapped it out i have to go through the states to get there the fastest

DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
We're trying to plan it so that people can attend both if they want to, hence the date difference. I can understand someone not wanting to drive that much, but some people are willing to have an adventure, road trip, even multiple cars driving together, its all about fun!
Why not have the best of both worlds have one in the west for all the FoFo owners in the west and have in Ontario Toronto Area that all the Ontario Focus owners can go to..

Like honestally it can be done its not a byzantine task to organize a car meet. If you wanna do that i'd be willing to help organize the ontario meet..
Professional Certified Nut Case...
Ive tryed to get some foci out to events last year and only a few came out I say we set up a ontraio meet right now with the canadian street car nationals on Aug 15 - 17 at Cayuga I can get are own class and car show class but not 100% on the circuit course
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

Yeah that would be awesome Cayuga isn't far at all..... If we could get in we could do our own car show and maybe swap meet... depending on what the guys at Cayuga let us do...

Keep us posted.. if that falls through maybe we can do it at the ford assembly plant one weekend.. Of course we would have to get permission. But that would be pretty sweet as well...

Either way if its In ontario im coming and i'm willing to help...
we can do what ever we want dasilva racing is holding the event if you guys want a swap meet its done all i need is to orgainze it we can have are own section for the show and even be included with the awards It won't fall through i just need some pple to confirm there coming
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,Jan 24 2008, 12:25 PM Wrote:we can do what ever we want dasilva racing is holding the event if you guys want a swap meet its done all i need is to orgainze it we can have are own section for the show and even be included with the awards It won't fall through i just need some pple to confirm there coming
[right][snapback]256708[/snapback][/right]

Im good for 15th - 17th of Aug... I'm pretty sure i can bring atleast 2 other guys...

Why not start another thread ??
You guys sound like you have the beginning of an Ontario meet, lol. Please keep this thread for the Official FocusFest Canada discussion though. More here --> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...p?t=147130
OK done check out Lets make the ontario meet bigger then FocusFest (all in good fun)

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=23221

Good luck with the event in winnipeg hopefully next year we can all work something out but it was a great idea
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

02ztsian,Jan 21 2008, 10:36 AM Wrote:As you know, Toronto is the center of the universe.

Shh, some heads are big enough already :rolleyes:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
1. Location how many foci are actually out there? Have it in BC or ON if you want to have a good turn out.

2. Drag Racing I guarantee that allot of Foci will want to drag race either heads up or bracket it would be fun.

3. Events what will everyone be doing all weekend THERES NOTHING TO DO.

4. Cruise after I drive 19 hours you want me to go for a cruise how about NO.

5. No one asked for any suggests before the event was planned I’m sure everyone could add a few suggestions.

DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,Jan 30 2008, 12:02 PM Wrote:1. Location how many foci are actually out there? Have it in BC or ON if you want to have a good turn out.

2. Drag Racing I guarantee that allot of Foci will want to drag race either heads up or bracket it would be fun.

3. Events what will everyone be doing all weekend THERES NOTHING TO DO.

4. Cruise after I drive 19 hours you want me to go for a cruise how about NO.

5. No one asked for any suggests before the event was planned I’m sure everyone could add a few suggestions.
[right][snapback]257105[/snapback][/right]
ZX3 2NV,

1. Winnipeg has a pretty good Focus community, not as good as the GTA considering the population difference. However as noted in prior posts Winnipeg is roughly the Geographical centre of the country. It's the easiest place for the most Foci enthusiasts to attend from accross the country and the Northwest border states. Plus, the co-organizers are in Winnipeg, not in ON or BC. As stated before we approached Tom and requested permission to use the name Focus Fest, and he has given us expressed written permission to use the name. As noted before if you want to host 2009 FFC, I have no problem with that. Butagain, as I have stated before, I would hope you would support us, even if you don't plan on attending and encourage those thinking about attending to come and sample Manitoba hospitality.

2. Auto X is more popular than drag racing for this car. I am not dismissing the possibility, but so far the 2 or 3 people on here have been the ONLY Foci owners to request it. There is much more interest in an Auto X event.

3. We have asked anyone with ideas as to what they would like to see to go to Focus Fanatics.com and let us know on our Forum. That being said, Winnipeg has a great nightlife, with much to see ie The Forks, Upper Fort Garry, The Blue Bombers, The Goldeyes (Baseball) etc...I didn't want to have a too structured event to give people a chance to check out the city on their own.

4. The cruise would be a 20-30min drive to the BBQ/Cornroast location. I think you will have it in you.

5. We have from the beggining, stated we are open to suggestions to make this the innaugral Focus Fest as good as we can, but the first event is just that the first one, use it as a place to start when you host the 2009 event.

So, instead of dismissing the event out of hand, why not work with us to make this event the best possible. We want this to be an event to bring the Focus community together, not separate us along geographical, were better than you lines. It would be great if a bunch of you from ON got together and drove out together. Having made the drive between the west and southern ON a few times I can say it's a truly magnificent drive.

[COLOR=orange] 05 ZX3 SE BLAZING Copper metalic, Stealth CAI, Magnaflo 2.25 catback, lowering spring (2b installed in the spring), 04 SVT 6 spoke rims, Roush Aluminum billet shifter, Steeda Aluminum HVAC knobs, Aluminum gauge bezel..ok so I like the look of aluminum....
Why does every discussion from a westerner turn into a "why do you from TO think you are better than us"?
That point was never raised by ZX3 2NV.
You raised it and now the whole arguement changes.
We are better purely on location. Half the population of Canada lives with 60 minutes of TO. Not a 22 hour drive away.
Good luck but keep the we are better than you discussion to yourself. we know we are better than you. I've been to Winterpeg.
Hope the event includes bug spray for that time of year.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Ok Meford,

I appologize profusely if I sounded like I was picking on Ontarions, or people from Toronto. All I was trying to do was to keep the we are better than you out of the discussion, which was EXACTLY the attitude shown. Even you state it in your post. Toronto is not the centre of Canada. Even though half of the population may reside within 60min drive of T.O. It is no excuse not to travel and see some of our beautiful country. If the first Focus Fest was to be held in T.O, you'd expect me to come there. So why not go the other way and visit Friendly Manitoba for the first one...then if you guys hold 09's FFC, then people from the west might say, "Hey lets go visit those cool guys from ON that we met last year in Winnipeg." Why not show the west that we are all Canadians first, and best of all Focus owners! Remember the idea here is for us to get together and have some fun!
[COLOR=orange] 05 ZX3 SE BLAZING Copper metalic, Stealth CAI, Magnaflo 2.25 catback, lowering spring (2b installed in the spring), 04 SVT 6 spoke rims, Roush Aluminum billet shifter, Steeda Aluminum HVAC knobs, Aluminum gauge bezel..ok so I like the look of aluminum....
C'MON boys from ON and beyond, make the trip $100 in gas, and you might be surprised. An AutoX, BBQ, Cruise, and a Show N Shine, lots of weekend fun!