Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dakar Rally
The Dakar Rally has been cancelled due to political uncertainty and direct threats of terrorism against the Rally, for 2008
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
ohhh this really sucks, i was looking forward to the rally :(

i remember last year they had to cancel couple of stages as well bc of ppl and cars being hyjacked at gun point while racing
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Man its a harmless race I dont understand why other people (outsiders) have to interfear with a sport. I hate it when any type of sport or race is cancelled because of a terrorist threat. Its just unfair :(
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Burnin21,Jan 4 2008, 10:17 PM Wrote:Man its a harmless race I dont understand why other people (outsiders) have to interfear with a sport. I hate it when any type of sport or race is cancelled because of a terrorist threat. Its just unfair :(
[right][snapback]255599[/snapback][/right]

well in this case i sort of understant them. The drivers were killed last year and they stole thier car. These cars are worth lot of money and i guess thives are stealing them and selling on the black market.

I just wish they can do a bit different race. Maybe have a race that runs in europe and goes to SAUDI ARABIA or even qatar. that way they would get some snow/mud and sand. i think it should be fun if they do a race that runs from russia all the way to saudi arabia :)
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Possibly Related Threads...