Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year's Resolutions Anyone
Back in October before my stint with Bronchitis, I weighed about 324 lbs, did a weight in today and I'm at 303 lbs. NOS got me on a good little regiment and it has helped big time. So much that for the first time in a long time, I actually could run for longer than 30 seconds. The weight training has pretty much knocked out all pain in my knees to the point where they feel great.

My goals are to drop below 300lbs by Jan 31, hit 270 before June 30, and hit 250 by December 1. I plan to do a little more running on the treadmill at the base and some at home to further the process.

If i reach the goals, 2 things I'm buying, new seats for the black focus and a new suit for me.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
NikiterZTS,Jan 21 2008, 06:40 PM Wrote:but obviosly i only work 5 days and not 7........thats just not healthy period, Spraky
[right][snapback]256509[/snapback][/right]
You do what you have to do.

My 4 kids, 2 are with my ex, and 2 live with my wife and me. You would work weekends if $1000 every month was going to your ex for child support. Your stop at the gym is impossible for me -- as soon as I get out of work I drive 45km along the QEW to get home before my wife leaves for work so my kids don't have to get up an hour early to get dragged to a neighbours.

You'll find out as you kids get older and demand more of your time. And you have to adjust your life accordingly. My day was spent today attending to my sick 9-year old that was barfing all day.

The good news is that at 165 I'm only 10 pounds over what I should be. I just need to get back into shape, not that I'm obese.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Oscar The Grouch,Jan 21 2008, 09:40 PM Wrote:Back in October before my stint with Bronchitis, I weighed about 324 lbs, did a weight in today and I'm at 303 lbs.  NOS got me on a good little regiment and it has helped big time.  So much that for the first time in a long time, I actually could run for longer than 30 seconds.  The weight training has pretty much knocked out all pain in my knees to the point where they feel great.

My goals are to drop below 300lbs by Jan 31, hit 270 before June 30, and hit 250 by December 1.  I plan to do a little more running on the treadmill at the base and some at home to further the process.

If i reach the goals, 2 things I'm buying, new seats for the black focus and a new suit for me.
[right][snapback]256517[/snapback][/right]

I'm gonna go on record and say that your efforts blow me away, bud. Keep it up!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I should mention as well the site I listed isn't for people that want to lose weight... but rather for the class of "skinny bastards" that want to put on muscle fast and get strong in a hurry. I should have been more clear at the beginning on that just in case people didn't pick up on it.

And I apologize for starting this topic about time. Although most of the time there are excuses at play, I wont disagree at all that sometimes it really is tough.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
No apologies. We all need our eyes opened and feathers ruffled sometime.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
part of my solution to the time problem... $1700...

[Image: home_gym_small.jpg]

after 3 years, I'm making money over having a gym membership... and throw the bike on the trainer for easy cardio while watching TV..

Of course, I don't have quite as many commitments as a lot of you... just work and a horny girlfriend.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jan 22 2008, 09:26 AM Wrote:... and a horny girlfriend.
[right][snapback]256526[/snapback][/right]
Wedding cake will fix that for ya! :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Jan 22 2008, 09:43 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jan 22 2008, 09:26 AM Wrote:... and a horny girlfriend.
[right][snapback]256526[/snapback][/right]
Wedding cake will fix that for ya! :lol:
[right][snapback]256527[/snapback][/right]
Not necessarily wedding cake, but, kids for sure :lol:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
puppet i've been thinking of buying something like that.......maybe Bowflex or whatever its called

anyways how do u like that Powertec?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Jan 22 2008, 12:03 PM Wrote:puppet  i've been thinking of buying something like that.......maybe Bowflex or whatever its called

anyways how do u like that Powertec?
[right][snapback]256532[/snapback][/right]

It's not bad.. the bench is a bit flimsy, but it's holding up... definitely can't go wrong with the squat rack itself tho...

I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to bowflex (nightmares of the pneumatic universal machines on the cruise ship).. but having tried it at a buddy's place, it DOES get a good burn going...

not sure about the longterm effects of using bowflex as most of my friends can't stay on a program for 6 weeks :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Mom and and pops have the bowflex. My father has lost a lot of weight, but thats a combo of eating right, and working out.

I've used it a couple of times, I still prefer my old school bench and free weights, but it does give a good workout. Takes forever to change up the routine though.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
How many of you are still sticking to your plans? Or has the novelty wore off?
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
I'm actually not that far off. Another month of "hard knock training" now that I'm at or near my target weight of 200-210 for April and I'll be where I want for June.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my progress thus far. I'm a lot bulkier than I was before (wanted that for hockey) and now I'll tone up again / keep stacking on the muscle mass.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
actually I've lost 30lbs and kept it off since Feb, and it's all from my job, I walk everyday, and believe it or not its about 10km a day, I'm getting closer to breaking thru my first weight goal too, and it will be any day now that spring is here.

another plus is I'm snaking better, and drinking tonnes of water, though my eating habbits have remaind the same I have not put any weight back on yet.

and on a side note, I have a great tan already from all my walking from work.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
So far I've been doing pretty well this year. Still hitting the gym 4 or 5 nights a week, haven't lost as much weight as i'd like, basically i've put on as much muscle as fat i've lost, which i can live with.

The last month or so has been more about toning and endurance. We'll see how this translates into my softball season this summer.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Considering that we lost our gym for nearly two months at the start of the year thanks to a flood and my recent auto accident, I'm surprised I'm maintaining the weight I was at.

During the time the gym was closed I took to walking up & down the halls and stairwells in my building, which at 28 floors took me about an hour to do :ph34r:

NefCanuck