Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year's Resolutions Anyone
D-Dub,Jan 6 2008, 01: Wrote:I can say what I want about other peoples rides because I have owned/leased 2 previous focuses myself and I've been on this board longer then you, so in reality you should be the one thats keeping your mouth shut. As for your car you need to do some reading LINK(maybe you should have paid attention in your english classes)

You don't know my situation, so for you to comment on me living at home is very f***in stupid. You don't see me coming here and calling you fat, then telling you to loose weight because maybe thats whats slowing you down in life.. or that its a risk developing type II diabetes.... or potential heart failure?

For the age you are you act like a total retard.............you may be older, but I bet my bottom dollar your not smarter then me.
[right][snapback]255680[/snapback][/right]
You don't have a dollar to bet, so............

Your a smartfawker..........you'll figure it out.

Oh and thanks for the Link. I can't for the life of me figure out why you would say that the Zephyr is a reskinned Fusion and then post an aricle that says the following.........

The MKZ uses the Mazda6-derived CD3 platform. While the car shares 35% of its body panels with the Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan, the interior is completely unique to bring the car up to Lincoln standards. Features like a 600 W THX sound system with 14 speakers also set it apart from the mainstream Ford, Mercury, and Mazda versions.

The suspension is independent all around with a short/long arm (SLA) design in front and multilink setup with coilover shock absorbers in the rear.

Different interior, 65% of it's body panels are different and the suspension is totally different. And that's just a start.

Your a smart fawker. You'll figure life out.

Oh, and I do have Diabetes. And I am not slowing down in life. You may notice how many times I am not on the board anymore due to the fact I am busy as hell getting on with life instead of setting up resolutions that I cannot stand by.

But for you, I can fawk with you all day long as the jokes can never end. :lol:

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Fine here is another link...........LINK

The Fusion is manufactured at Ford's Hermosillo Stamping & Assembly plant in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, where the similar Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ are also built. All three cars are based on the same platform and were launched simultaneously into the market (the MKZ as the Zephyr)

Fancy stereo systems dont mean anything.......the engine, frame and suspension are identical....so in my books I regard Zephyr(beacuase thats the model you have)as being re-skinned.

For your information I do own a car(not one to be proud of ) and its just enough to get me by for now ......

I have cash trust me and I even have a mortgage on a house.....like I said "you don't know me".

I could have bought a fast car........but rather invested my money in education, housing and other investments(stocks and RRSP's).
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
You guys are killin me! Let's just chill a tad cause negativity just gets you a shock ;)

I'm in a position already where in a month or two I won't be able to gain size off the leg extension machine at the gym (current high-water mark for 4 sets of 4 reps is 270 lbs). Anyone have any exercise suggestions that do the same range of motion and work the same muscles as a leg extension with more weight? :D

I'm starting to really notice the results (finally!) and the random comments from friends / co-workers are increasing in frequency. I'll tell ya, it's a serious confidence booster and it motivates you even more to just soldier on. "Soldier on" is actually a horrid term for what I'm doing - I'm loving every damn minute of it. When I hit the gym with a buddy or two, it's even better.

Oh, and concentration curls - DAMN. I've been expanding my exercise repertoire and I've fallen in love with concentration curls. Also, dips with added weight = AMAZING.

I can't wait to hit the gym tonight. Tonight's chest, a single bicep exercise (likely concentration curls or incline seated dumbell curls) and abs.

Is anyone else slaughtering the stacks?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've been hitting the gym lately, but not because of new years resolution. I passed my firefighters exam and my physical test is this Saturday :D . To be honest, ive only been doing cardio because that is where I am weak. I hit the weights maybe twice a week, rest of the time, im on the treadmill or jogging...
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Good man Nate! I have a "cousin" (married into the family) who's a firefighter for Durham Region I believe. Let me know if you have any questions for him.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 7 2008, 12:44 PM Wrote:Good man Nate! I have a "cousin" (married into the family) who's a firefighter for Durham Region I believe. Let me know if you have any questions for him.
[right][snapback]255733[/snapback][/right]

i'm good man, but thanks anyways. 2 of my close freinds are on the force already, theyve been giving me a 'heads up' for everything so far ;)
D-Dub,Jan 6 2008, 09: Wrote:Fine here is another link...........LINK

The Fusion is manufactured at Ford's Hermosillo Stamping & Assembly plant in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, where the similar Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ are also built. All three cars are based on the same platform and were launched simultaneously into the market (the MKZ as the Zephyr)

Fancy stereo systems dont mean anything.......the engine, frame and suspension are identical....so in my books I regard Zephyr(beacuase thats the model you have)as being re-skinned.

For your information I do own a car(not one to be proud of ) and its just enough to get me by for now ......

I have cash trust me and I even have a mortgage on a house.....like I said "you don't know me".

I could have bought a fast car........but rather invested my money in education, housing and other investments(stocks and RRSP's).
[right][snapback]255697[/snapback][/right]
Your a smart fawker.

But not so smart that you can't learn a thing or two.

First. The Zephyr does not have the same suspension as the Fusion. Having driven both they are different in their handling and ride characteristics. Can you say that you have driven both? I doubt it.

Secondly, which one of us works in the automotive industry? I know what goes into an automobile. There are very different components in vehicles that may look the same, but the subtle and not so subtle changes change the car from one car line to another.

When you find the time, go drive the MKX or Zephyr and then come and discuss it with me with some facts that you haven't just picked up from an article on the internet.

Come on, your supposed to be smarter than that.

Flofocus,Jan 7 2008, 11:57 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 7 2008, 12:44 PM Wrote:Good man Nate! I have a "cousin" (married into the family) who's a firefighter for Durham Region I believe. Let me know if you have any questions for him.

i'm good man, but thanks anyways. 2 of my close freinds are on the force already, theyve been giving me a 'heads up' for everything so far ;)
[right][snapback]255735[/snapback][/right]
changing the career? :ph34r:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Jan 7 2008, 08:59 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]255755[/snapback][/right]

no, this is volunteer...well...$26/hour volunteer. :D :lol:
It has a bigger spring rate, big deal, the springs still bolt up in the same location as the Milan and Fusion.........Different shapes of plastic and a bigger spring rate is nothing to boast about oh and not forget the stereo(a feature)...

You watched an assembly line and Ive taken cars apart and put them back together......
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Flofocus,Jan 8 2008, 09:40 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]255786[/snapback][/right]

gonna do this on weekends? after work?
and how many hours a week?
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
D-Dub,Jan 8 2008, 05: Wrote:It has a bigger spring rate, big deal, the springs still bolt up in the same location as the Milan and Fusion.........Different shapes of plastic and a bigger spring rate is nothing to boast about oh and not forget the stereo(a feature)...

You watched an assembly line and Ive taken cars apart and put them back together......
[right][snapback]255800[/snapback][/right]
I give up. Your too smart for me. :D

NikiterZTS,Jan 8 2008, 06:17 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 8 2008, 09:40 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]255786[/snapback][/right]

gonna do this on weekends? after work?
and how many hours a week?
[right][snapback]255802[/snapback][/right]

depends who calls in a fire :lol:

I have to make 50% of the emergency calls (notified by pager), and 70% of training which is once a week on Thursdays. If I don't make these numbers in the 1st year, your kicked off the force.
well i hope ur still keeping your day job
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
of course, I still have a mortgage to pay!!
I'm looking forward to tonight's weigh-in. With luck, I'll be the same (194) or higher. This puts me 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Also, I may "fall down" in weight... I'm aware of that.

Either way, if that's the case... I move from strength-building to mass-building exercises. More food again, same weights, more reps, 1 less set to start.

I'm WAY more fired up than usual - it's a constant hunger to be in the gym, constantly slamming weights around. It's a good thing. :D

Has anyone else approached my level of dementia yet? :o :ph34r:

Ya I'm getting there. In september i joined a gym for the first time and that in of itself was a big victory as i swore all my life i would never be a gym rat.

I started at 285lbs and 34.5% body fat. After 3 months i was still 285 or so but i had dropped 5.5% body fat.

With the start of the new year and a few other things i'm in the gym now twice a day, 45min of cardio in the morning and an hour of weights after work, with 2 days a week with a personal trainer. I know alot of people may question spending the money on a personal trainer but its the best money i've ever spent. I had no clue what i was doing when i first joined and now i'm really starting to get into the whole gym thing. Even ordered a subscription to a fitness mag.

Anyways i'm hoping over the next few months to start dropping some poundage as i'm really watching what i'm eatting which i wasn't really doing in the fall last year.

I've got a weigh in this week to get a baseline so that i can see what sort of progress my 2 a days and healthy eatting is doing over teh next few months.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Jan 14 2008, 11:09 AM Wrote:I started at 285lbs and 34.5% body fat. After 3 months i was still 285 or so but i had dropped 5.5% body fat.

That's a very good thing! I take it you're doing 12-14 reps per set? Maybe as low as 8-10 to start a new weight range?

Congrats on the body fat loss!
:headbang:

NOS2Go4Me,Jan 14 2008, 11:22 AM Wrote:
habmann,Jan 14 2008, 11:09 AM Wrote:I started at 285lbs and 34.5% body fat. After 3 months i was still 285 or so but i had dropped 5.5% body fat.

That's a very good thing! I take it you're doing 12-14 reps per set? Maybe as low as 8-10 to start a new weight range?

Congrats on the body fat loss!
:headbang:
[right][snapback]256091[/snapback][/right]

Ya i'm trying to get 12-14 reps 3 sets, 30s-1min between sets.

I tend to go heavier when i'm working out with my trainer, and more supersetting and forced reps.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I got a Gym membership but ill actually use it this time ive already wasted 2 other memberships lol
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]