Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year's Resolutions Anyone
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 7 2008, 03:41 PM Wrote:Anyone have any exercise suggestions that do the same range of motion and work the same muscles as a leg extension with more weight? :D

What the hell is a leg extension...

Squats and Deadlifts.

You will put on super-dooper size that way. Forget the rest of the stuff.

This is probably the best program on the internet. Read and follow it to some degree and reap its benefits.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/articles.htm

Oh ps hi you guys.. I see you are still all still fighting like crazy. Continue on...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
FC is not FC without winter drama-lama
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
tdot-zx3,Jan 16 2008, 08: Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 7 2008, 03:41 PM Wrote:Anyone have any exercise suggestions that do the same range of motion and work the same muscles as a leg extension with more weight? :D

What the hell is a leg extension...

Squats and Deadlifts.

You will put on super-dooper size that way. Forget the rest of the stuff.

This is probably the best program on the internet. Read and follow it to some degree and reap its benefits.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/articles.htm

Oh ps hi you guys.. I see you are still all still fighting like crazy. Continue on...
[right][snapback]256259[/snapback][/right]

Danno! Thanks for the link, man. It looks interesting.

I'll drop you a line over MSN, haven't talked to you in ages.

Adam
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I try to avoid msn/the internet for everything but what I have to do with my site and business... I do pop on everyonce and a while though. The internet is such a barren wasteland full of negativity (like this thread) and isn't really useful in terms of life for me anymore.

But Ill admit it was fun before... and helped me learn a lot.

I really suggest you or anyone for that matter looking to get / bulk up fast do something along the lines of that routine. I do a modified version of it during the winter (my offseason) and I can tell you first hand it gets me so pumped for spring its unbelievable. Read the article and if you have any questions lemme know and ill answer them. Ill check the site the next couple days... you can PM me stuff that doesnt belong in the thread.
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Ohh yaa and to be the 1st street driven Canadian Focus in the 11's on 1/4 mile
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
So i got another weigh in today at the gym. But first a lil history

AUG 07: 285Lbs 34.5% body fat

OCT 07: 283Lbs 29% body fat

And today 288Lbs 24% body fat.

I'm quite pleased at my progress after only 4 months in the gym. And i think my morning cardio with after work weight will help me get down to 17 or 18% body fat.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Jan 17 2008, 06:19 PM Wrote:So i got another weigh in today at the gym. But first a lil history

AUG 07: 285Lbs 34.5% body fat

OCT 07: 283Lbs 29% body fat

And today 288Lbs 24% body fat.

I'm quite pleased at my progress after only 4 months in the gym. And i think my morning cardio with after work weight will help me get down to 17 or 18% body fat.
[right][snapback]256323[/snapback][/right]

how do they measure body fat %?
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
They've got a machine that does it. Just a sensor they put on your bicep, and somehow it measures body fat.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

tdot-zx3,Jan 17 2008, 01: Wrote:I try to avoid msn/the internet for everything but what I have to do with my site and business... I do pop on everyonce and a while though. The internet is such a barren wasteland full of negativity (like this thread) and isn't really useful in terms of life for me anymore.

[right][snapback]256277[/snapback][/right]
If you think the internet is full of negativity and a barren wasteland and not useful in terms of life, then why post here and why are to accept your post verbatum?

Just food for thought.

Like life, we have to weed through the garbage to find gold. There is alot of garbage on the internet but it is up to the individual to "debunk" what is right and wrong.

And BTW that site you linked us too means dogs*** to a newby thinking of working out. Guess that sites isn't for newbies and why I get so turned off against working out(besides the fact I am on my feet and physically active at work most of the day more than most of you work out in 60 minutes, oh and no time) Why is it dogs***? I don't understand what most if not all of those exercises are and what they entail? Wouldn't it be best to tell someone to go and see a trainer instead of just sending them to another negative barren site that ponders up thoughts of why do I come on the internet anymore?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
TBH, I checked it out and the layout of the site (even for an IT-guy / web-savvy guy like me) is HORRIBLE. Some of the exercises are interesting, but I don't see any need to totally revamp my workout based on what I saw there just yet.

I do know I need to add hack squats to my routine, I'm just phasing things in each week. So far, so good.

Habmann - I tend to dodge supersetting, which extends the time of my workout. I find I need the extra time to really put my all into the next group of sets. To each their own, eh? :beerchug:

I hear forced reps work well... again, it's nothing I've tried with any real dedication so I refuse to speak ill about them. What I DO tend to do is to go back to a problem area after 3-4 groups away from it (and as long as those muscles haven't been worked primarily in the last 3-4 groups of sets) and I hit the problem area with another entire set. I find this really hits me hard and it seems to almost super-pump the problem area. I tend to use drop sets when I want one more set but my working weight isn't going to be moved by anything :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
When i'm working out on my own i tend not to superset as much, but when i'm with my trainer its all about super settings and forced reps. Kinda hard to do a forced rep in alot of exercises without a spotter.

Based on my experience for anyone joining a gym for the first time i'd highly recommend a personal trainer, it may seem like a lot of money but there's something to be said for learning to do the exercises right.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

meford4u,Jan 18 2008, 03:24 AM Wrote:If you think the internet is full of negativity and a barren wasteland and not useful in terms of life, then why post here and why are to accept your post verbatum?

Just food for thought.

Like life, we have to weed through the garbage to find gold.  There is alot of garbage on the internet but it is up to the individual to "debunk" what is right and wrong.

Thats why I said for me, and I didn't speak on behalf of the rest of the world. As such I offered advice to someone who was looking for it. But thanks for trying to read my post atleast... means alot.

Quote:And BTW that site you linked us too means dogs*** to a newby thinking of working out.  Guess that sites isn't for newbies and why I get so turned off against working out(besides the fact I am on my feet and physically active at work most of the day more than most of you work out in 60 minutes, oh and no time)  Why is it dogs***?  I don't understand what most if not all of those exercises are and what they entail?  Wouldn't it be best to tell someone to go and see a trainer instead of just sending them to another negative barren site that ponders up thoughts of why do I come on the internet anymore?

That 'barren site' is listing a routine that has worked for thousands and has created some of the strongest athletes as it's a routine taken from another place and built upon. It's not complicated at all and he goes through the whole routine with you and why you do it certain ways and why you leave out other things. Even links you to a previous even simpler article he wrote on the same subject. If anyone (even a newbie) really takes the time to read it and click the links he has put to videos of exercises, and look up the other exercises he has missed, its all very straight forward.

Answers don't come cheap in the world sometimes though (as they shouldn't), either you can pay for a trainer as you mentioned (but you are not ever guranteed a good product from a generalize trainer at a gym), or you can spend more then 10mins looking through a site and studying what you are about to put your body through and research how you want to train. I opt for option #2 and thats why I put so much time and effort into my athletics and coaching practices. Not to mention I offered to help in this thread with any questions. =)

I'd like to comment on something else too but please don't take offense.

The "I do more work" means nothing when you are in the shape you are in meford. I don't mean this as an insult at all, but to be in the shape you are in there are obvious lifestyle AND exercise flaws. I'm sure you will be the first one to admit it, so again, it's not meant as an insult, but letting you know it's a common thing heard day in and day out in the fitness world from people all shapes and sizes that like to use these lines for whatever their personal reasons may be. I can't tell you why you use them nor would I guess, but I can tell you that they are usually used as a way to block other things people dislike in their lives, and to hide the true nature of things. We like to point the finger at others instead of looking at ourselves alot, its almost part of our DNA =P.

Again not an insult, I'm just pointing something out that hopefully you yourself are aware of as I've seen you post many of times on here about your own weight and how you should fix things.
No insult. But that site is very confusing for someone who doesn't know the first thing about fitness.

I know I "need" to do somthing, it's just a matter of time before I do.

But finding the time is the point.

Most of you don't own a home, a car(or 4 in my case), a full time job, take on extra work at times on the side, are in the process of selling one house and buying another, have to care for ailing parents and their household..........and the list goes on.

Excuses........to some extent yes. But if I only lived at home with my parents who fed and sheltered me then time would not be a concern.

Walk a day in my shoes and you'd be enlightened.

meford4u,Jan 20 2008, 06:16 PM Wrote:Walk a day in my shoes and you'd be enlightened.
[right][snapback]256450[/snapback][/right]
By the sounds of it, I think we buy shoes off the same truck. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Jan 20 2008, 06:10 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 20 2008, 06:16 PM Wrote:Walk a day in my shoes and you'd be enlightened.
By the sounds of it, I think we buy shoes off the same truck. :lol:
[right][snapback]256452[/snapback][/right]
Hey, let me ask you something. Do you work out? Would you ever find the time to work out? I know your probably even busier than I am, so if you could find the time to work out, then i should be able to.

meford4u,Jan 20 2008, 11:36 PM Wrote:Hey, let me ask you something.  Do you work out?  Would you ever find the time to work out?  I know your probably even busier than I am, so if you could find the time to work out, then i should be able to.
[right][snapback]256462[/snapback][/right]
Do I work out? No, for a number of reasons (excuses) -- some within my control and some that are not.
  • As you know, I work 7 days a week on straight midnights. 8 hours (8.5 including lunch), 10s (10.5) on Saturday/Sunday. I work midnights is to cut my commute down to 30 minutes each way. So total time devoted to work is 70.5 hours a week. My last day off was Christmas eve. My choice though, but turning down good money in a "feast or famine" job is tough if you want to get ahead.
    <>
  • Up until the beginning of December I was taking 2 college electrical engineering courses (another 8 hours), my wife was in a course so I was housebound taking care of our two youngest kids on the third night.
    <>
  • Usually do at least one electrical side-job every two weeks.
    <>
  • Four kids. Enough said.
    <>
  • 3 cars, and a newer house to maintain.
    <>
  • Older widowed mother-in-law, and a soon-to-be-divorced sister-in-law that call me when they need &quot;man things&quot; done around their houses.<>
    [st]So as you can see my biggest hindrance is finding time. I seldom get more than 3 or 4 uninterrupted hours of sleep in one shot. So when you do have time you're tired so you have little ambition left to get to the gym.

But getting back in shape is one of my goals for this year. Not really a &quot;resolution&quot;, just a goal.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
meford4u,Jan 20 2008, 06:16 PM Wrote:Most of you don't own a home, a car(or 4 in my case), a full time job, take on extra work at times on the side, are in the process of selling one house and buying another, have to care for ailing parents and their household..........and the list goes on.

Excuses........to some extent yes.&nbsp; But if I only lived at home with my parents who fed and sheltered me then time would not be a concern.

You sound like me, except I don't own four cars and instead of caring for ailing parents, it's an ailing wife. As you said before, if I recall correctly, sex is a good weight loss program, and if it isn't, just tell her it is :D
As our fellow mwmbers conitinue along the &quot;path of life&quot;, they too will find priorities changing, although we all should try to stay healthy.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
meford4u,Jan 20 2008, 05:16 PM Wrote:No insult.&nbsp; But that site is very confusing for someone who doesn't know the first thing about fitness.

I know I &quot;need&quot; to do somthing, it's just a matter of time before I do.

But finding the time is the point.

Most of you don't own a home, a car(or 4 in my case), a full time job, take on extra work at times on the side, are in the process of selling one house and buying another, have to care for ailing parents and their household..........and the list goes on.

Excuses........to some extent yes.&nbsp; But if I only lived at home with my parents who fed and sheltered me then time would not be a concern.

You also don't have the convience of a gym in your own home (Or in my case just downstairs) and that I think is one of the biggest motivators. Knowing that the equipment is there and so you make it part of your routine after you get home to go down to the gym and pound the crapola out of yourself before hobbling upstairs to make dinner (and in my case &quot;hobbling&quot; isn't an exaggeration :ph34r:)

Hey, maybe you can have a gym room in your new place? :huh: It'd sure eliminate one reason why you couldn't work out.

Either that, or take the motor out of the Zephyr and pull a Fred Flintstone... Yabba Dabba Doo :D

NefCanuck
You shape your life the way you want it and sometimes that involves ignoring things or substituting them for others.

Obviously what Dan posted is not for everyone and like he said it can be modified...... Im sure everyone here can spend 30 min every other day just doing some sort of work out.

By the way, the videos are super helpful on that site.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
i work 8.5 hours (including lunch)i go to the gym every other day....right after work since its on my way home.....1.5 hours at the gym.....the other days that i don't go to the gym i do my Electronics technician course

but obviosly i only work 5 days and not 7........thats just not healthy period, Spraky
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat