Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashing Failed, Cannot Return To Stock Either!
That's a good question... normally, intermittent ECU problems replicate themselves at the dealer. The only other thing that comes to mind is that at the Ford dealer, the flashing unit is self-contained for power, no? The X-Cal2 runs off the battery of the car being flashed. So, if there's a short or something while flashing - FUBAR. When at the dealer, you're fine.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Hmm.. what you may want to check is actually take a look at the sticker on your ECU and make sure it's the same code that you ordered on the flasher (chances are you picked your flasher based on the ECU code on the door sticker, right?).

Possibly a long shot, but perhaps the ECU in the car is not the car's original one and the door sticker wasn't updated?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Thanks darkpuppet but unfortunately sticker is ok and stock tune that SCT sent back didn't work either. PCM just doesen't want to take anything now!

I am just wondering How those guys in Ford did manage to flash it back last time?

Any Ford guys here??? Common, I'd better pay you than Ford dealership!

My car is stuck in Milton, can anybody take care of it except Ford?
I've got an XCAL 1 I use when flashing my 03 SVTf. Each time I do the flash I remove fuse #46 and #61...I'm pretty sure those are the two that you need to remove. Also my instructions say that if the flash fails the first time you are supposed to make sure you use the same program again (ie: P1, P2, P3)when attempting to load it the second time.
Thanks, I've tried with those fuses in and out. Also tried flashing back and forth. My results are amazingly stable - fail 20%

Really hate to take it back to FORD!
is this only a problem with the svt??if not im not sure i want to get a tune. this sounds like your going through hell
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on
andrewned,Feb 28 2008, 10:50 PM Wrote:Thanks, I've tried with those fuses in and out. Also tried flashing back and forth. My results are amazingly stable - fail 20%

Really hate to take it back to FORD!
[right][snapback]259031[/snapback][/right]

You may want to take SCT up on their offer to check your ECU out for you. Sure you have to mail it out and you can't drive without an ECU, but on the plus side, SCT should be able to resolve the issue once and for all.

Also, you may want to head over to FJ and talk with the SVT Parts guy (he posted in your thread there)... he may be able to get you a cheap ECU that you can swap in while you mail out your current one. Then when you get your issue resolved, you can either keep the extra ECU or sell it.

Obviously, this isn't the quickest solution, but you could probably break close to even down the road.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I have factory reflashed several Windstars/Freestars with a portable unit. It erases old one and puts the updated program in.
Have you had your battery properly diagnosed?
If I had any problems with my SVTF not answered in these forums (rarely), I'd check out SVTF Forums
And with SCT I always get the answer at SCTFlash Forums

Hope this helps.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Here is SCT forum message:
Announcement: Forum Technical Support Closed for Updates
"11-28-2007 SCTAdmin (Admin / SCT Employee) "

There is no way to post anything there for 3 month now!
E-mail support is unresponsive also...

I will have them entered into my black list next to Dixie Ford service
the dealer probably doesn't even use your OBD II port they probably take the ecu out and bench it...

and isn't the SVT CANBUS? a whole different animal.
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!