Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Project Update
lintlars,Dec 29 2007, 11:07 PM Wrote:The factory manifold is a peice of crap as far a flow is concerned if you look at the collector if you can call it that the runners all exit into each other one of the poorest designs I have ever seen, it may work but as far as performance is concerned it is far from it.
[right][snapback]255290[/snapback][/right]

that's funny because every dyno proven header for the Zetec I've read about and bolted on has given one or two wheel HP up top and killed some bottom end torque with a poor curve... and as far as stock manifolds go it's better than most.

on the turbo front... unless your running a larger turbo say gt28rs and up.. the lower velocity from larger diameter runners is only going to cause turbulence and have negative effects on a turbo that doesn't flow enough to evacuate the runners... IMO make a brace from the cat mounting locations to keep weight off your poor manifold bolts and factory welds and see where your at... spooling to soon go with longer runners.. too late get a log style manifold... and remember just because a manifold is a good NA option it might not work when fabed to a turbo set up...
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
Since when is a GT28RS A large turbo I wounder what you would cal my GT37
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ok ok wait... what that ment to say is anything larger than a gt28rs which can be larger depending on the hot side you choose... don't bust my balls with semantics.
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
Sorry not knocking your project Im a huge fan of low cost DIY turbo kits this was just my own observation when I removed my factory mani, its hard to keep the cost low especially when the cheapest turbo mani is 300-400$ at least thats what Ive found, Ive been kickin a turbo focus idea around for awhile but its my daily driver Ive already got a turbo toy!
ZX3_2NV,Jan 3 2008, 07:27 PM Wrote:Since when is a GT28RS A large turbo I wounder what you would cal my GT37
[right][snapback]255495[/snapback][/right]

i'm tempted to call it "oversized for a focus motor" ?
stock manifold is perfectly fine for a turbo build, i trust the stock manifolds more than the obx chinese POS and trust it more than the JBA shorties that i had.

my JBA headers cracked at the collecter and runner #3 totally came off.

ive been using stock for a little over 7 months now, and i dont have one single problem, so far perfect.

and the stock headers have better flow numbers then log maniolfds.

i have a .48/.60 T3and i hit 12 - 14 psi around 2500rpm.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
wow look whos still kicking around nice to hear from you again kamilk i must agree i think anything is better than a log style manifold but i still don't like the stock manifold

so kamilk did u paint that car yet or is it still 10 different colours and hows the motor holding any better track times i think you should start up another thread on ur car im still waiting to line up with ur down the 1/4
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
well yes my car is 10 different colors and still has no rear bumper, as for the engine its still stock pushing anywhere from 12-14psi,

and track times my quickest has been 13.8 at 12psi,

i have everything for my new engine i just dont have money right now, machining cost a damn fortune.

hows your focus doing, finish up the new build?
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
This is a great topic! But just to let you guys know I sold my kit and now I am going with some thing more conservative. I'm going with the VF supercharger kit from Focus Sport. When I got my turbo kit I really wasn't to impressed by the design, ran into clearance issues. The thing about a turbo kit is you lose your after market exhaust manifold and I like my race header. Plus Randy knows his s*** when it comes to tuning and the kit itself.
Focus Sport
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 1 2008, 12:15 AM Wrote:This is a great topic! But just to let you guys know I sold my kit and now I am going with some thing more conservative. I'm going with the VF supercharger kit from Focus Sport. When I got my turbo kit I really wasn't to impressed by the design, ran into clearance issues. The thing about a turbo kit is you lose your after market exhaust manifold and I like my race header. Plus Randy knows his s*** when it comes to tuning and the kit itself.
Focus Sport
[right][snapback]257224[/snapback][/right]

did u buy it used?

cause member Hardcore was selling his on here for $2000 i believe
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Feb 1 2008, 05:24 PM Wrote:
SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 1 2008, 12:15 AM Wrote:This is a great topic! But just to let you guys know I sold my kit and now I am going with some thing more conservative. I'm going with the VF supercharger kit from Focus Sport. When I got my turbo kit I really wasn't to impressed by the design, ran into clearance issues. The thing about a turbo kit is you lose your after market exhaust manifold and I like my race header. Plus Randy knows his s*** when it comes to tuning and the kit itself.
Focus Sport
[right][snapback]257224[/snapback][/right]

did u buy it used?

cause member Hardcore was selling his on here for $2000 i believe
[right][snapback]257254[/snapback][/right]

I got it brand new from blaast and as far as I know they only used it on their shop focus to make sure it fit and worked.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
let us know how u like it after the install
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Feb 1 2008, 10:41 PM Wrote:let us know how u like it after the install
[right][snapback]257291[/snapback][/right]

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about the turbo kit still. I was going to buy his kit but didn't have the cash then. So I am buying it brand new from focus sport.

Focus Sport VF Stage 2 Supercharger on order! :D

SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 5 2008, 04:39 PM Wrote:Focus Sport VF Stage 2 Supercharger on order!  :D
[right][snapback]257479[/snapback][/right]

I don't understand why you would buy the VF over the PW? Isn't the PW almost the same cost now? The ofset would be basically the cost of intercooling the VF, probably even slightly less.

Don't get me wrong I fully endorse the VF kit :)

Edit: If you want any detailed specs on intercooling the VF drop me a PM, i can get you detailed measurements and pics if thats what you want to add.
hardk0re,Feb 5 2008, 09:41 PM Wrote:
SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 5 2008, 04:39 PM Wrote:Focus Sport VF Stage 2 Supercharger on order!  :D

I don't understand why you would buy the VF over the PW? Isn't the PW almost the same cost now? The ofset would be basically the cost of intercooling the VF, probably even slightly less.

Edit: If you want any detailed specs on intercooling the VF drop me a PM, i can get you detailed measurements and pics if thats what you want to add.
[right][snapback]257486[/snapback][/right]

Did you have the VF kit?

SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 5 2008, 10:43 PM Wrote:

Did you have the VF kit?
[right][snapback]257527[/snapback][/right]

thats the guy i was talking about :rolleyes:
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
NikiterZTS,Feb 6 2008, 07:32 PM Wrote:
SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 5 2008, 10:43 PM Wrote:

Did you have the VF kit?
[right][snapback]257527[/snapback][/right]

thats the guy i was talking about :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]257549[/snapback][/right]

I wanted to but at the time I didn't have enough funds.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project: Subsonic update NOS2Go4Me 4 2,094 06-28-2011, 03:34 AM
Last Post: hardk0re
  Focus Sport's Turbo Duratec Project Car darkpuppet 20 7,777 04-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky