Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun In The Snow.
^^-- I hope you cleaned that mess off your neighbour's driveway!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

2001 ZTS,Dec 5 2007, 08:35 PM Wrote:My old wagon! That thing RAWKED, tracked like a snow mobile.
[right][snapback]254015[/snapback][/right]

you know it!!!

i can't find the pics i took a few yrs ago when i got out of 22" inches of snow by locking the diffs and dumping the clutch at 4000rpm
naz,Dec 4 2007, 12:37 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 3 2007, 06:28 AM Wrote:Pirelli P6s FTMFW.
[right][snapback]253902[/snapback][/right]

have you tried a dedicated snow tire?
[right][snapback]253947[/snapback][/right]

Naw. And, I tried some snowy incline starts... no worries.

Now pretty much IDLING the RX-8 to my buddy's place with 2 summer fronts and 2 hi-po "all season" rears was... fun. :ph34r:

Fishtails in the first 4 gears guaranteed or your money back! :lol: :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 6 2007, 02:44 PM Wrote:
naz,Dec 4 2007, 12:37 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 3 2007, 06:28 AM Wrote:Pirelli P6s FTMFW.
[right][snapback]253902[/snapback][/right]

have you tried a dedicated snow tire?
[right][snapback]253947[/snapback][/right]

Naw. [right][snapback]254061[/snapback][/right]

Try it, you'll be amazed.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
nos you love your all season tires man....

put full summer tires on the rear of your rx8 as well.. you will have more fun on corner exit

put full snow tires on your focus.. trust me you will think those p6 tires are crap in the snow after that.
naz,Dec 7 2007, 04:58 PM Wrote:nos you love your all season tires man....

put full summer tires on the rear of your rx8 as well.. you will have more fun on corner exit

put full snow tires on your focus.. trust me you will think those p6 tires are crap in the snow after that.
[right][snapback]254117[/snapback][/right]

yep, proper tires for the right season is the 1st thing you should be modding.

No matter how new an all season tire is, its still crap in the winter. Night and day difference for traction.

we just changed the tires on my fathers 318is last night, he was running brand new falken all seasons, and they couldnt even compare to the bottom of the line Canadian tire snow tires we put on. Just imagine the traction with a decent Snow tire. :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
naz,Dec 7 2007, 03:58 PM Wrote:nos you love your all season tires man....

[right][snapback]254117[/snapback][/right]

It's not in the budget for this winter, but maybe the next one.

As for the RX-8... Potenza RE960s for the rears feel good so far. I've got some RE040s in the front and I'm really wondering just how good they are. Time will tell :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I have to say the goodyear Nordics from Crapy Tin are great.
I got them last spring on a massive special. About 290$ for 4, taxes in and all.
My gf still has her Fuzion HRi's on it because it hopefully will be traded in for a *mini-van*...
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2007, 06:48 PM Wrote:As for the RX-8... Potenza RE960s for the rears feel good so far. I've got some RE040s in the front and I'm really wondering just how good they are. Time will tell :)
[right][snapback]254158[/snapback][/right]

RE960 don't even register a blip in terms of tires that ppl would consider taking to a lapping school or autoX... RE040 is a solid OE tire but it is almost always swapped for another set when they wear out

i hate to say it but anything will feel good compared to the Pirelli P6s that seem to be a favorite tire for you

it really seems like you don't have much experience with good snow tires in the winter and fast tires in the summer..... i highly recommend that before your next tire purchase you get a ride with someone who has the same vehicles as you, except 'better' tires..

(i define better as a full snow tire with the snowflake symbol in the winter, and a tire that would be competitive in a street tire autoX class for summer)

here's an article you might find helpful for summer tires

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/images/sa...15_tiretest.pdf

of the tires mentioned in that article i've personally used the azenis RT215 for autoX and Kumho MX for autoX and lapping school use.

i think the MX is a solid tire, since its not as heat sensitive as the azenis (makes it better for lapping school.. the azenis are more of an autoX tire) and its cheap.. you should look into those when the RE040 wear out.