Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Does It Again!
paolo,Nov 20 2007, 09:23 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Nov 19 2007, 05:10 PM Wrote:Any updates?

This is what is in my ticket system...

Quote:I have called Mr. (insertlastname) and I have left a voicemail with my coordinates.
[right][snapback]253102[/snapback][/right]

Those internal notes, no matter how silly they are, should not be made public, but oh well, Bell sucks.
[right][snapback]253207[/snapback][/right]

This isnt a help desk system, its a tool for employees to help out family and freinds. We are SUPPOSE to share this info, that is why they created this for us.

Rogers sucks my hairy asshole, ever since we switched wireless plans, they've overbilled us for 3 months in a row now, told the wife we shold of went with Bell!! :rolleyes: .

Trust me, Rogers ain't no better, your kidding yourself if you think so. And it's funny how I dont see anybody from a online forums trying to help us out, at least I care about my customers.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
yeah, I gotta call back.. which has been hard to do when I'm in all-day meetings.

But they got my highspeed back up.

Now, I have to admit that between Bell and Rogers disconnecting my homephone/DSL within months of each other, I have a pretty good assessment of who handles it better.

And I'd have to say that Bell holds the slight edge in customer service. The CSRs, or 1st line techs -- basically the first people I end up talking to when I call had all been very curteous and as helpful as they could be with their canned scripts (I now know it off by heart and can get through the script in 2 minutes while 'faking' the troubleshooting steps).

However, I'm pretty darn disappointed in Bell's testing center central office, and field techs as they are terrible at keeping their commitments.

How is this better than Rogers?

well, Rogers did take over 2 weeks to reconnect basically a VOIP service... no wiring, onsite, or otherwise required -- strictly a paperwork/configuration issue. Which also gave me a chance to talk to a lot of CSRs; pretty much only 2 out of 8 were particularily helpful... and a few were pretty ignorant at that. You can just tell that it's a cable company because they're not used to dealing with people who can't live without service for 2 weeks -- I know I couldn't impress upon them the importance of having a working phone enough (they just never got it).

Maybe it was my dealings with Rogers or the fact that I know the telecom business model better (tho, they're pretty much the same really), but Rogers was just more frustrating to deal with than Bell. And that's my honest opinion.

But here's the real problem with both Bell and Rogers -- the left hand doesn't talk to the right. The physical wiring is handled by a contractor, the billing is handled by a billing office, the tech support by a call center, the troubleshooting by a tesitng center, and nobody ever knows the story first hand.

So the 1st level support never knows (or checks) that I've already been through the script, that it's been sent to 2nd level, then handled by the test center, that a tech was scheduled to come out, etc etc etc... nobody follows the history or thinks outside the canned scripts -- so all you have is a big disconnected array of support structures that may work for 80% of problems, but can't handle complex situations.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

What you're describing DP is the inevitable outcome when IMO "core" business operations are outsourced in an effort to lower costs and maximize revenue.

This short sighted approach will invariably lead to "left hand doesn't know (or care) what the righth hand is doing situations" over and over again because of the utter lack of accountability and buck passing that occurs between the various parties.

To my mind, in order to be truly sucessful a business must have full care and control of all its processes from start to finish, anything less is just begging for Murphy's Law to hit it over the head.

Admittedly there are those busniesses that do have the full care and control and still can't get it right, but I'll wager those are far fewer in number overall...

NefCanuck
never mind