Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprised By A Girl...
congrats glad it is working out for you man!!

i will be honest and post that when i first read the thread title i thought you would be telling us about some super raunch wild crazy but t sechs with her and 2 of her other girls friends etc etc

but yea.. glad she likes cars too
Something tells me Steve is going to be broke for the next little while.
when did you get a gf?? :huh:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
naz,Oct 25 2007, 02:58 AM Wrote:congrats glad it is working out for you man!!
[right][snapback]251679[/snapback][/right]

haha.. yeah, the girl is definitely working out for me.. unfortunately, there's the larger group dynamics amongst our common friends that's providing dramatic conflict.

can't anything be simple?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Oct 25 2007, 11:03 AM Wrote:

haha.. yeah, the girl is definitely working out for me.. unfortunately, there's the larger group dynamics amongst our common friends that's providing dramatic conflict.

[right][snapback]251690[/snapback][/right]

no
i gave up on simple a long time ago
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Simple is now over with.

Now it gets complex.

Oh yeah, and pull out your crystal ball, because you're also expected to be a mind reader (especially when you screw up)

Asking her what is wrong when there is a problem won't give you any results other than "nothing"
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
darkpuppet,Oct 25 2007, 03:03 PM Wrote:can't anything be simple?

hopefully getting her drunk and having crazy but t sechs is at least simple ? :ph34r: j/k

friend complications suck sorry.

I dunno my G/F likes that I have an obsessive hobby and don't sit around watching TV... or surfing th.... hrmm

but she has no interest in cars accept for there practical side.. which is fine by me... she still respects my "need to tinker" lol it's the tuner mentality I guess one part handy man one part adrenalin junky there out there boys... don't just look under rocks kick em over..
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
darkpuppet,Oct 25 2007, 10:03 AM Wrote:

Dude, asking simple in a relationship is like asking for World Peace...

<Yoda>Happen it will not young padawan, patience you must learn yes....</Yoda>

Oh and learning when to simply sit there and take it is a good skill as well... I've got at least that part down to a science :lol:

NefCanuck
also don't forget to tell her how your feeling, and ask her how her day was and actually listen to her... it gives you extra brownie points.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Oct 26 2007, 09:52 AM Wrote:also don't forget to tell her how your feeling, and ask her how her day was and actually listen to her... it gives you extra brownie points.
[right][snapback]251777[/snapback][/right]

*wrote it down*
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Quote:Oh and learning when to simply sit there and take it is a good skill as well... I've got at least that part down to a science

F That!!

My last gf thought she could just get in a huff and give me hell for anything she felt like at any given time. The 1st time I took it in stride, 2nd time I let her know that I wasn't the person to ruin her day and therefore apparentley her night as well. 3rd time, I raised my voice back and told her I wouldn't take her yelling at me unless there was a damn good reason. She slapped me and said that was my job. I turned around, got in the car and drove off, leaving her about 30km's from home to find her own ride home. Yeah, that one ended fast. :D
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Good catch, you must try to have her. Those are hard to catch because all men are looking for that type of woman, so jump on that.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
Some advice this is............pfffffffffftttttttt.

Look Steve. Enjoy the moment. That's all. I would rather that she didn't enjoy video games because the time that you do play could be your time. And you can continiue to have your own space while dating.

My wife, she knows I love to golf. She is so-so about it, so golf is my time. And she loves to go off with the horse. Her time.

It's all about comprimise and understanding what each other wants out of life. Not kissing ass or you will turn out to be the woman in the realtionship. Just ask her opinion and understand that both you and her have wants, needs and desires. And that doesn't mean sexual. It means live your own life, not hers and vice-versa.

It's working well for me.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
w3rd. (re/ meford)

Nobody has seen and done more of love and life than me, it is my "extreme sport"

Communication and compromise is the key (on the part of both), that is all there is at the end of days. Be truthful, open and honest at all times or it will never happen right. If it isn't/doesn't run like hell. If kids are involved don't linger, TRUST ME!

I actualy had someone marry me because she thought she could change me. A) Why would you (change me) ? B ) Think change is possible? I had someone forgive me after twenty years of me feeling the worst kind of guilt. Honestly, only since then (a few weeks ago) can I really move on, I was so bad way back when. Forgiveness is the greatest gift ever and the hardest to give. Keep "your things", allow "her things" but talk about it TALK TALK TALK

4 letter word for intercourse that ends in K?...................talK

I have had the most extraordinary relationships over the many years, all ludicrous/unsustainable, been at it for a few decades and the above is gold info.

For the record: other than "IT" (ex-wife) ALL my girlfriends talk to me, care, love and admire me so much; remember me as their fondest memory and we talk often because of my openess and honesty. Sangria says hi.

Always wear your heart on your sleeve.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Just wanted to clarify:

"If kids are involved {added :and you're "sticking it out" (like I did)} don't linger, TRUST ME! Your kid(s) will prosper when it is over."

By all means have kid(s), they are awesome just as mine is :)

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Meford, 2001_Zts .. thanks for the advice. You guys probably know more than most how to live life.

I may not have had the advice at the time, but I've learned some of those lessons on my own over the years...(mostly the hard way).

I wish I could say I knew how to end relationships well.. as they always seem to go critical mass on me, but I'm chalking that one up to the immature types that are drawn to me.... Personally, I'm terrible at holding grudges...

I do, however, put that all behind me each and every time, and this time, it looks like it's actually paying off :).. this girl is pretty fantastic right now, and we have both had the talk about the lives we bring independently to this relationship (yeah, heavy talk, I know).. so I have a pretty good idea of where she's coming from, and there's really no pressure to force things to fit.

I'm only saying that I was surprised -- not going to force her to like everything I do, but it's nice to know she's accepting of those things and not forcing me to change at all.

So far, it's a pretty warm and fuzzy feeling.. only time will tell how well it's doing for sure...

[edit]actually.. I find that if girls have broken up with me, they tend to want to keep in touch -- even though they've all cheated on me...

Now I'm learning the hard way that girls I break up with may not think quite as highly as me -- they'll definitely be holding a grudge and looking to vilify me... which sort of sucks, but not much I can do about that...

You said that you were going to have a tough time dealing with your mutual friends and letting them in on the little secret the two of you share.
Let me tell you, they probably already have guessed something is going on, and.........you have it easy my friend.
Take a look at what I had to deal with. You might have an understanding of the male dominated and not terribly educated environment I work in everyday. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do what I do. Any person who can repeatedly do the same thing over and over again can do this "job". And it's male dominated. In that environment, I met my wife at work. And that was extremely tough for both of us. What with the cat calls my wife received from other guys (and still does) and me having to force myself not to crush every guy that became "friendly" with my wife, and all the innuendos that guys were wanting to hear about my wife and I, I think you've got it pretty easy.
So chin up, let your friends know and take your short lived lumps. If they are good friends, they will support you and relish in the fact the two of you have found one another.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
actually, it was the secret relationship I called off to be with the girl who wasn't embarrassed to be seen with me in public...

and she's the one going ballistic on me for breaking up with her... and it's the mutual friends between her and me (and my current GF) that are going to be puzzled by her childish actions -- she's already threatened to bad mouth me in front of everyone -- I basically said, "Go ahead, I can take my lumps -- but you may want to consider that you're the one that wanted to keep it secret".

I couldn't be happier with the new girl, and I couldn't be done with the old one quickly enough.

^ good on you man.

I was secretly seeing my girlfriend (who is now my wife) while she was dating my roomate.

Kind of akward watching him try to put moves on her and have her pushing him away and knowing why.

Not to mention listening to him bad mouth the girl I was falling in love with after she dumped him.

To this day, I still miss that coffee table, neon sign and painting I did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surprised Myself This Morning. ANTHONYD 14 4,238 04-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch