Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firingsquad Previews Gt Prologue
Sony fanboys rejoice ...

From this FiringSquad article

Quote:The PlayStation 3 architecture is perfect for driving games, and Gran Turismo 5 shows exactly what the PlayStation 3 is capable of doing in the right hands.....

Quote:The real magic of Gran Turismo 5 is its graphics. There has never been a game that looks as good as GT5. Not only are the cars better looking than the ones in the Project Gotham and Forza Motorsport games thanks to a more elegant lighting model, but they’re presented in full 1080p.  Races now have 16 simultaneous cars, and your opponent AI is much smarter, and no longer resorts to playing bumper cars.

[Image: gt-5-prologue-small.jpg]

Sure I'm a bit skeptical still, but considering the abundance of bad news, it's definitely something nice to read some good news on one of the year's most highly anticipated games.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Okay so maybe I didn't blow my brains out snapping up one of the last 60GB PS3 models from FS (anyone done the HD swap here yet?)

NefCanuck
I bought a ps3 a few months back when they came down in $$$ and have just been waiting for this game... all hail gran tourismo.

The high def gameplay is unbelievable.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
that looks pretty good....that would be even better on my 50"

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NefCanuck,Oct 21 2007, 08:22 PM Wrote:Okay so maybe I didn't blow my brains out snapping up one of the last 60GB PS3 models from FS (anyone done the HD swap here yet?)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]251453[/snapback][/right]

The HD swap is dirt simple... It barely takes a minute to do the swap.. a little longer to get all the backed up software back on it :P..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Oct 22 2007, 08:27 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 21 2007, 08:22 PM Wrote:Okay so maybe I didn't blow my brains out snapping up one of the last 60GB PS3 models from FS (anyone done the HD swap here yet?)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]251453[/snapback][/right]

The HD swap is dirt simple... It barely takes a minute to do the swap.. a little longer to get all the backed up software back on it :P..
[right][snapback]251489[/snapback][/right]

Hell, I'll probably do the swap from the start, why screw around esp. since the PS3 will do all the formatting and setup for me...

NefCanuck