Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duh Of The Day
Okay, so I go into the local Drivers License office today to renew my Disabled Parking permit (Now called the more PC "Accessible Parking Permit" :rolleyes: )

I have my form and come up to the counter. The lady takes it, notes it as a renewal and says to me "I'll need your current permit before I can give you this temporary one while your application is processed"

Can anyone see what the "Duh" is? Answer below:

The "Duh" is because I'm using the disabled parking permit I currently HAVE to park in a disabled parking space while I'm GETTING my permit renewed!

After I explain that, you could almost see the lightbulb flicker to life in the clerk's head :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: so I end up taking the temp permit to the car and swapping it out for the permit I'm returning...

Good grief I think their hiring criteria is: "Are you breathing?" :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

NefCanuck
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
wow
'03 Focus SVT
lol.........
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Just plain WOW.

Sounds like your hiring criteria is the same as what our DMV uses.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Government workers..................
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
That's just too typical of the state of a lot of folks these days.

Should have said, "Hold on, let me remove my disability for a second so I don't need it. Wait, can I do that?"
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
oldeguy,Oct 5 2007, 06:20 AM Wrote:Government workers..................
[right][snapback]250234[/snapback][/right]

Urm... technically I are a government worker too :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 5 2007, 12:05 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Oct 5 2007, 06:20 AM Wrote:Government workers..................
[right][snapback]250234[/snapback][/right]

Urm... technically I are a government worker too :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]250248[/snapback][/right]
Me also
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Not trying to cut anyone on this site down but...

What time of day were you doing this? Mid day to end of day? She's probably seen a few hundred people by that point, most of whom she'd probably like to strangle because she can't understand what the hell they're saying because of language barriers, "Ok, Rupidonramalamadingdong, you can't speak or read f***in english that the road signs and directions etc. are in but hey no problem you can have a license. Where's your translator to help you through the test?"

She just knows that this is one hundredth and whatever person she's had to deal with today and knows that in order to renew your permit she needs to have possession of the old one. She doesn't know if you are using it at the moment or if someone drove you there and is receiving a parking ticket for being double parked in front of the building.

So instead of cutting the chick down, give her a little slack. Sure she might sit at a desk all day and not put any physical effort into her job but just think to yourself, "How long would I last doing that job before I'd strangle someone."

No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
pfft, this was an amusing story, people make mistakes and people exploit those mistakes in humor all time. We ALL find these exploits funny.

[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!