Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership

Story

:angry: I am disgusted by this dealership. Ford of Canada better step in or it will look just as bad, if not worse. :angry:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
PATHETIC :angry:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
While I don't agree with the Afghanistan mission, EVERY SINGLE CANADIAN that serves overseas deserves the right to return to their job if they are a reservist. They deserve that and much more. They're giving up their personal safety to attempt to salvage the safety of others. That's all I'll say to that effect because the story is about the soldier, not the mission.

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The fact that the law fails to protect people in this situation is disgusting.

The fact that the dealership chose to dismiss him is that much worse :anger:

NefCanuck
Disgusting ... let's hope that the local and national backlash is harsh ... we might just see the dealership backtracking tomorrow ... just like Sobey's (??national food chain) did when they tried to stop veterans handing out poppies.

CanadaSVT,Aug 15 2007, 11:26 AM Wrote:Story

:angry: I am disgusted by this dealership.  Ford of Canada better step in or it will look just as bad, if not worse. :angry:
[right][snapback]246763[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Um, ah.............that's bad. Real bad.

I'm making a phone call. Be right back. Hopefully with results.

I'll explain in a minute the personal connection my family has to that dealership. Okay I'll take 2 mintues before I call.

When my father worked for Ford of Canada, in the 70's his job was to go into the dealers that had failed and were bought back by Ford and turn them around. This was one of those dealers. The dealership is actually located in St. John's with little mini (almost like what we see here as a backyard mechanic with 3 cars for sale in the front yard) splinter "dealers" located in, I believe at the time, Stephenville and Corner Brook. That may have changed.

So off I go to call Dad.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
That's pretty rough. Shame on whomever made that decision.
something like this should be protected by law, not to mention this is bad not only for Ford, but also that former manager of that dealership... very Disgusting indeed.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
should have a crew park a tank on the owners car.

seriously that is not right at all, and i agree there should be laws against such actions. This man is basically a veteran of a conflict.
'03 Focus SVT
booooooooooo horrible... shame on Ford and that Dealer.

We can protect people that dont want to work on sunday by law? But not things like this???

I say again BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3 5 Speed
if you're in a conflict like that, you have to go back to that manager and ask him "What would Jesus do?"
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike