Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Day At Mbrp
All that stuff's off today... I went by the Stockfish bodyhouse and they told me what everyone here told me anyways about peeling off the decals, etc.

It's going away VERY shortly.

Ken - it's their brand spankin' new 2.5" flex-back system. My FujiCrap POS digicam died AGAIN, so I'll attempt to fire up the Canon digicam and get some footage. And as for the fitment (mpcv2000), I never seem to notice it :D

Gravter - depending on where you are, you may want to volunteer to let them custom-fit an exhaust of your choice to see how SAP is different than non-SAP. I honestly forgot all about that.

Spinal - good man! Yeah, she was on the phone all afternoon while I was there, nevermind the morning I'm sure!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
scotiacustom,Aug 2 2007, 12:10 PM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Aug 2 2007, 02:49 PM Wrote:The car is looking good NOS, except for that stealership decal on the back. Peel that off and maybe remove teh SES badge and it would be even nicer.
[right][snapback]245497[/snapback][/right]

I took mine off in the parking lot after i signed... the gave me a couple looks lol... was great.
[right][snapback]245500[/snapback][/right]

I told them I wanted (the dealship decal) off when I got there to pick up the car when I bought mine. "Oh yeah, no problem" they told me. Got there and it was still on....I stood there and made them take it off before I would take delivery! :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 2 2007, 02:54 PM Wrote:Gravter - depending on where you are, you may want to volunteer to let them custom-fit an exhaust of your choice to see how SAP is different than non-SAP. I honestly forgot all about that.

[right][snapback]245503[/snapback][/right]

I think I mentioned it (SAP) to Lorraine in one of my emails to her.
It's not only on my ST but on alot of ZX3 & 5's.

BTW, I also would like to hear a sound clip whenever you can put one together ;)
As others have mentioned before, it will get a tad louder as it ages.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Here's the bottom line, fellas - is the SAP rear skirt shorter than stock or not? If it's shorter, you'llwant to take a bit off the rear-most section of pipe. If it's longer... that's a different story.

As it stands right now, the cat-back leaves quite a bit on the Duratec past the cutout for the exhaust. You really could cut a few inches off to "stealth" the system.

I figure it'll fit a SAP Focus just fine.

As for the sound clip, that'll have to wait until tonight at the very least.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Just thinking logically for a moment (yeah, I know ... it's Ford) but it doesn't make sense that Ford would design the SAP to require a different exhaust than non-SAP models ... so I'll bet that the exhaust is identical to all other Foci and therefore the same MBRP should fit.

And it's the same for the wagon tip too ... sticks out right to the full extent of the bumper ... in hindsight I wish I had them shorten it by an inch or two.

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 2 2007, 08:10 PM Wrote:Here's the bottom line, fellas - is the SAP rear skirt shorter than stock or not? If it's shorter, you'llwant to take a bit off the rear-most section of pipe. If it's longer... that's a different story.

As it stands right now, the cat-back leaves quite a bit on the Duratec past the cutout for the exhaust. You really could cut a few inches off to "stealth" the system.

I figure it'll fit a SAP Focus just fine.

As for the sound clip, that'll have to wait until tonight at the very least.
[right][snapback]245535[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I just had my MBRP installed on Wednesday on my 2000 ZX3. Hears what I think. The main reason I bought this was the price, as parts of my exhaust were falling apart I decided to do it all.

Pros: price
low end noise, after 4000 All I hear is my intake. Does it get louder as it gets
worked in? I do wish it was a little louder at WOT

cons: the fat tip, why can't it be just 2.5in straight out
It does look like it's an inch or so too long

I just can't get over the price.

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
It'll get a little louder as it warms up, but yeah above 5000 RPMs all I hear is the motor for the most part. Well, on the old car and first Duratec setup anyways :lol: now I have ZERO problems hearing the exhaust!

You don't like the tip? To each their own, then :) I rather like it... it's large enough to "look" like a performance exhaust without looking ricey (in my mind).

EDIT - ARGH! I just went to go for a drive and I forgot the car was at the glass place getting tinted! DOH!

I really wanted to go for a drive, too :(

Hey Adam, the pics look great!! Glad to hear you were grinning all the way home! It'll be a few weeks before we go into full production on these. We'll be letting everyone know as soon as they're ready to ship. The 2.25" system is still in full production.......
If any of the members are close to Huntsville, drop by and see us!!
Huntsville... dang, thats 4 hours away from my town and my vacation is almost over :(
And all my wknds are booked for August with ball tournaments!
Hopefully the price will be right ;)
Can't wait to her that sound clip Adam :)

Gravter,Aug 3 2007, 10:44 AM Wrote:Huntsville... dang, thats 4 hours away from my town and my vacation is almost over :(
And all my wknds are booked for August with ball tournaments!
Hopefully the price will be right ;)
Can't wait to her that sound clip Adam :)
[right][snapback]245605[/snapback][/right]

Order it, have it shipped to you, and have a local shop install it. I had it shipped to my place (south of Ottawa) for $40, and then had my local mechanic install it in half an hour.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
I want cat-back duals for my stang....hope they hurry up and design one...the axlebacks look and sound good, but don't do anything usefull...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
So... no sound clip yet?

still like it? lol ;)

Oh, I absolutely love it! I just have to get off my ass and record a clip. :rolleyes: