Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver News, F1
Scott speed, the only American presently in F1 has been let go by Torro Rosso effective immediatley.Sebastian Vettel, a test driver for BMW, but also a Red Bull sponsored driver, will take over for Speed at Torro Rosso. Just proves that unless it's all right turns, the Americans can't drive. :lol: No offence menat to our American members. :D
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
It doesn't surprise me Speed wasn't just another rookie to come out of the F1 feeder system in Europe. Speed came out of the Red Bull program that was set up in the US a few years ago he was supposed to be good but hasn't shown any promise and now his blow up with Gerhard Berger the Team Principal at Torro Rosso hasn't made him any friends.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Was he screaming YEEEHAH as he came to a corner? :ph34r:

Torradan would show them how to drive. After all, he has a real car. :ph34r: :ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 31 2007, 02:03 PM Wrote:Was he screaming YEEEHAH as he came to a corner? :ph34r:

Torradan would show them how to drive. After all, he has a real car. :ph34r: :ph34r:
[right][snapback]245265[/snapback][/right]
He usually never made it past the first corner.... :o
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Quote:He usually never made it past the first corner.... :o
[right][snapback]245301[/snapback][/right]

I think you might be thinking of Michael Andretti, Scott actually got around the 1st corner.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
oldeguy,Jul 31 2007, 08:21 AM Wrote:Just proves that unless it's all right turns, the Americans can't drive.
[right][snapback]245236[/snapback][/right]

You mean all left turns, as American ovals tracks are all run counter-clockwise whereas F1 tracks with both left and right turns are usually run clockwise.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.