Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Finally Did It!
the thing that gets me about this is that will ford be smart enough to bring back the wagon, and the hatchbacks to offer the level of choices they did in 2000? or will they be stupid again and keep building the coupe by then to rival the Civic & Cobalt coupes?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
IIRC this announcement confirms what Ford has been saying for quite some time now ... that beginning with the next generation C1 (2010 MY) the Focus would be truly "global" again, with NA getting the same platform as the rest of the world.

Given the trend in manufacturing I would assume that the next gen C1 will be built according to flexible manufacturing processes and they will be able to build a lot of different C1 based vehicles on the same line; unlike now.

So I would think that they should be able to produce hatch, sedan and coupe and even convertible on the same line if they want to ... but if they are indeed going to build the C-Max for NA, then my bet is they probably won't do a wagon for NA.

Frost__2001,Jul 25 2007, 02:56 AM Wrote:the thing that gets me about this is that will ford be smart enough to bring back the wagon, and the hatchbacks to offer the level of choices they did in 2000? or will they be stupid again and keep building the coupe by then to rival the Civic & Cobalt coupes?
[right][snapback]244774[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
yeah I was thinking that too ZTWsquared, Although I will say it would be nice to see one of the Focus C+C on the roads here to replace the Ion Focus Coupe offered in 2008....
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
its going to be made in north america.. no matter how great it is it will be screwed together so badly it will suck.. ie '00 focus

2011 is 4yr from now.. that's like.. a full automobile generation away. that focus would be a great small car NOW. but in 4yr it is just going to be ready for the rental fleet

naz,Jul 25 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:its going to be made in north america.. no matter how great it is it will be screwed together so badly it will suck.. ie '00 focus

2011 is 4yr from now.. that's like.. a full automobile generation away. that focus would be a great small car NOW. but in 4yr it is just going to be ready for the rental fleet
[right][snapback]244851[/snapback][/right]

If anything it will be more of the Corolla, Rio, and the Dodge products as GM & Ford have greatly reduced the number of fleet sales.