• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happens If You Drive Behind A 747?
Found this while bouncing around YouTube... the results speak for themselves

Results of driving behind a 747 at takeoff velocity

NefCanuck
Well, I was gonna try that...guess I wont now :lol: :lol: :ph34r:
seen it before pretty cool
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
So....... I guess I better lower the Focus, you never know when a 747 is gonna go by........ :blink:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Looks like the guys on Mythbusters screwed the pooch when they did their experiment (and pretty sure called it busted).
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
It's common sense, really, when you consider that the plane can be fully loaded, rip down a runway and take off.

The fact that they cruise at 550+ MPH is also a bit of a tip-off ;)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
they should have used a F18 hornet and roasted ford marsmallows
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Funny funny stuff.
2000 ZX3
Believe it or not, planes leave a "wake" of turbulent air that lasts up to two minutes after the plane goes by. When I have to land at Hamilton International I have to be mindful of the Westjets and such; what their lift-off/touch down point is (that's the spot where the wake is most concentrated) so that I don't run into it with my smaller plane. It's invisible, and it'll flip your plane no problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_turbulence
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I think what was more shocking to me was watching the Citroen 2CV just get absolutley pummled by the engines wake(Even moreso than the Ford Mondeo)

I mean I know the effects of aerodynamics but whoa... :ph34r:

NefCanuck
torradan,Jul 11 2007, 07:11 AM Wrote:Looks like the guys on Mythbusters screwed the pooch when they did their experiment (and pretty sure called it busted).
[right][snapback]243690[/snapback][/right]

They did a Mythbusters segment on this? :blink: The only one I can recall involving a jet plane was the time they were trying to duplicate the effect of blowing out a cabin window at altitude to see what actually happened (IE: whether the roof peeled back or the window when blown out sucked everything out) that one was busted...

NefCanuck
torradan,Jul 11 2007, 12:11 PM Wrote:Looks like the guys on Mythbusters screwed the pooch when they did their experiment (and pretty sure called it busted).
[right][snapback]243690[/snapback][/right]

when did mythbuster try that? idiots :)

this is an actual safety video that was done back in 1993.

http://www.judetuben.se/watch?v=TyMGLjo6Oj...related&search=

its actually done with a truck.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad