Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crush 'em
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 22 2007, 11:47 AM Wrote:I don't see any Foci in those pictures, we must be fine... in California :ph34r:

Let's elect naz as the scout and we'll all slowly move to Cali.
[right][snapback]242088[/snapback][/right]

the key difference is that those ppl actually DID do something wrong.. they were caught red handed racing, and the vehicles had stolen parts in them..

also,

Quote:"Police need a court order to destroy the cars. They must prove that the serial or identification numbers on a vehicle or its parts are removed, altered or destroyed."

the means there is a chance to prove your innocence in court

Quote:"when police popped the hood they found a stolen transmission"

"a vehicle identification sticker apparently fell off and without it, police suspected some of the parts were stolen"

"He had purchased a B-20 Vtech engine with a double-overhead cam a couple months before, and after a police investigation, was told it was stolen."

those ppl actually ARE criminals and doing something illegal

its totally apples to oranges with that is going on in canada, where it seems police are able to seize/crush the car even if there is absolutely no proof you are doing anything illegal

on a somewhat unrelated note.. it is MUCH easier to made good power and keep mods stealth on a factory turbo car...
Wouldn't you know it? Today on my way home using some back roads (York-Durham Line), 3 cars blasted past pulling reckless passing manoevers and well exceeding the speed limit. A black Grand Prix, a new red Camry with 4 kids in it, and a grey Mini Cooper S. I was doing 95 in an 80 and they blew past, must have been doing 120 if not 140 or more.

I'm guessing a group of kids "racing" up to the cottage north of the GTA.

I tried to block them at first by sliding into the oncoming lane a bit, but I could tell they were just going to use the shoulder. So I gave up that, not worth the risk.

I called 911, but I doubt anything happened.
Ok see it from a different point of view, twice a week I have to float my heavy equipment arround to different jobsites, when my truck is loaded its close to 40 ton, if I had a dollar for every time some punk cut in front of me to get that extra 30 feet ahead I would have a 350Z. When a trucks loaded it can take up to 2km to get upto speed and hundreds of feet to stop. I have had to lock up the brakes so many times due to people pissing around.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Late Saturday nights coming back from Scarlem (Scarbourugh) on the 401 to Mississauga, the @$$hat fart cannon rice rockets and the maneuvers they pull are enough to make me want to pull out my hair :angry: (which would be a mean feat, considering I'm bald :lol:)

NefCanuck

P-51,Jun 22 2007, 08: Wrote:I tried to block them at first by sliding into the oncoming lane a bit, but I could tell they were just going to use the shoulder. So I gave up that, not worth the risk.

[right][snapback]242153[/snapback][/right]

You are the kind of people im afraid of on the roads. :lol:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Jun 23 2007, 07:37 AM Wrote:
P-51,Jun 22 2007, 08: Wrote:I tried to block them at first by sliding into the oncoming lane a bit, but I could tell they were just going to use the shoulder. So I gave up that, not worth the risk.

[right][snapback]242164[/snapback][/right]

why? do you drive like an a$$hat in traffic? :ph34r:

i WISH cops would actually come and arrest ppl like that who are reckless on public roads rather than camp outside racetracks and autoX venues to ticket/harass responsible people who participate in legal motorsports events on private property

Why? I had a trailer behind me, lots of cushion for me. I'd rather them hit me, than some family in a small car.

As far as I'm concerned, this is war. These people's stupidity is resulting in the government infringing on my freedoms.
P-51,Jun 22 2007, 09: Wrote:Wouldn't you know it? Today on my way home using some back roads (York-Durham Line), 3 cars blasted past pulling reckless passing manoevers and well exceeding the speed limit. A black Grand Prix, a new red Camry with 4 kids in it, and a grey Mini Cooper S. I was doing 95 in an 80 and they blew past, must have been doing 120 if not 140 or more.

I'm guessing a group of kids "racing" up to the cottage north of the GTA.

I tried to block them at first by sliding into the oncoming lane a bit, but I could tell they were just going to use the shoulder. So I gave up that, not worth the risk.

You are the poster boy for brilliance. Firstly 911 is for emergencies, not to report speeders... Trying to block people on the roadway is just as bad as racing them. If they tried to pass you and crashed because they were forced onto the shoulder you would be held liable for the crash. Just think how awesome you'd be if they crashed and the 4 kids were killed. Wow you'd be a hero...

for a self proclaimed highly educated person you are really stupid. I'm surprised 911 didn't tell you to call local police...

I'm glad you live far away from me.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I'm on side with P-51. I have called 911 a number of times to report drunk driver and blatently reckless and dangerous drivers.

and if (big if) those 4 kids in the camry were to crash while passing on the shoulder and kick the bucket, well its better that some stupid reckless guilty punks leave this world than an entire young family or a pregnant woman, or any other Inocent person.
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
Not to be a stickler, but I agree 911 would be for an actual "emergency". I'd hate to be unable to get through to get an ambulance for a drowned child or a heart attack victim because someone's reporting a speeder.

If you are on a Provincial Hwy, 401, 403, etc. call *677 (*OPP) in Ontario; it's not 911 but they do respond (personally I've been responsible for the arrest of 3 separate drunk drivers and 2 more that got 24 hour suspensions, the beauty of working nightshift). I've actually tailed the offenders until they get pulled over.

I also keep the local police's dispatch # in the cell too.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Sorry Bluetoy, you're the moron.

If I wasn't supposed to be calling 911 for that, they'd have notified me and dropped the call. They were more than happy to spend several minutes with me taking the location down. They also asked for my name and phone number, and nobody has called to reprimand me. I wasn't on a provincial highway (as stated) and so I don't know if *OPP would have worked.

Secondly, perhaps because of your subpar reading comprehension skills, you might not have noticed I used the words "sliding into". I did not whip the trailer out. I was about 1/8th mile ahead when I pinched off the oncoming lane, a bit. Plenty of time for them to decide to slow down, and if they didn't well, that's their choice. Concidering I only moved over 1 or 2 feet, it was more sending a message than anything.

Soon as it became apparent that they weren't getting the message, I pulled back in so as not to make the situation worse.

Thirdly, the "authorities" have declared that street racing is like carrying a "loaded gun" :rolleyes: If they aren't just blowing smoke up people's ass, they should be happy to have a 911 call and/or somebody trying to prevent it.

I would have loved to have tailed them until the police showed up, but I couldn't have kept up with the trailer attached. And heck, considering the "appearance" of the car, I wouldn't want to be assumed to be involved. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
funny thing is when I called the local police in Brampton about a year ago to report a drunk driver.. ( he was actually chugging back a bottle of JD's behind the wheel in rush hour traffic ) they said hold on a minute so I can transfur you to 911 dispatch.

Honestly I think the best thing that Ontario could do would be to toss it's rules and current driving license into the garbage and copy the rules of the road & licensing like they have in Germany.

points of interest to get your license in Germany.

you have to take 80 hrs of CPR / first aide tranning
you are required by law to go to driving school
you are required to take road rage prevention classes

in total to get your license in Germany it will cost you nearly $2500 - $4000 to get you that.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
P-51,Jun 24 2007, 10: Wrote:Sorry Bluetoy, you're the moron.

If I wasn't supposed to be calling 911 for that, they'd have notified me and dropped the call.  They were more than happy to spend several minutes with me taking the location down.  They also asked for my name and phone number, and nobody has called to reprimand me.  I wasn't on a provincial highway (as stated) and so I don't know if *OPP would have worked.

Secondly, perhaps because of your subpar reading comprehension skills, you might not have noticed I used the words "sliding into".  I did not whip the trailer out.  I was about 1/8th mile ahead when I pinched off the oncoming lane, a bit.  Plenty of time for them to decide to slow down, and if they didn't well, that's their choice.  Concidering I only moved over 1 or 2 feet, it was more sending a message than anything.

Soon as it became apparent that they weren't getting the message, I pulled back in so as not to make the situation worse.

Thirdly, the "authorities" have declared that street racing is like carrying a "loaded gun" :rolleyes: If they aren't just blowing smoke up people's ass, they should be happy to have a 911 call and/or somebody trying to prevent it.

I would have loved to have tailed them until the police showed up, but I couldn't have kept up with the trailer attached.  And heck, considering the "appearance" of the car, I wouldn't want to be assumed to be involved. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]242216[/snapback][/right]

I'm siding with P-51 on this one. Quite a number of years ago I shadowed a Crown Vic (not a cop!) as he was obviously drunk and nearly out-of-control from 400/Major Mack all the way to 400/Hwy 9 as I was on the phone to the OPP.

I distinctly remember telling the dispatcher, "PLEASE don't pull over the red Bronco II a couple hundred feet behind the Crown Vic! I'm just keeping tabs!" and she laughed quite a bit.

It was early in the morning and I guess they were short of cars in the area. Once she told me they were jumping on at Hwy 9 I got off there... just to make sure ;)

You've GOT to call these assholes in, because otherwise they'll do f***ed up things like killing family members. :angry:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Like I said, *OPP works anywhere in Ontario, connects you to the closest one. That puts you through straight to dispatch, they had these guys pulled over within 10 minutes.

The one time I followed the guy off the highway, both the OPP and the locals coordinated and showed up at the same time.
P-51,Jun 23 2007, 10: Wrote:

Why? I had a trailer behind me, lots of cushion for me. I'd rather them hit me, than some family in a small car.

As far as I'm concerned, this is war. These people's stupidity is resulting in the government infringing on my freedoms.
[right][snapback]242178[/snapback][/right]

no i don't drive like that on the highway unless i really have to.....that part where u said u were trying to stop them by blocking with your truck/trailer, that what scared me......but then i read a lil bit through
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Blocking the road? Fawkin stop it. Your not the police, your not trained to pull those kind of moves and, again....your not the police. People do that s*** to me, I'm on their ass, or I'm on the phone with the police myself, to report an asshat who thinks hes the police. :lol: :rolleyes:

And 911 shouldnt have been used, I have the # at home to report this kind of crap....just got it this week-end to. My house was once again vandalized by some drunk little s***s, and I had to call the police to file a report. The cop that showed up gave me a card..."Call this # if this happens again, this number is for non -emergencies, reporting vandalism, speeders, stuff like that. If you have an emergency, use 911"

Right out of the bacons mouth. ;) :)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Sorry guys, you're wrong.

The OPP is actually running a RADIO AD telling you to call 911 to report drunk drivers. I assume that applies to street racers too, since apparently they're now public enemy number one. They aren't crushing the cars of drunk drivers so... ;)

And, for the last time, I did not BLOCK or try to STOP the people. I moved out 1-2 foot into the lane, WELL ahead of the people, to signal "hey numbnuts, slow the f*** down." I moved back over before they even got on my ass when I could see they weren't going to slow.

Best thing to do? Probably not, as it didn't work, and of course if something happened... I'll be implicated. Next time I'll just spend the time getting my cell phone into camera mode.
Quote:Sorry guys, you're wrong.

Guess I'll call the police officer and tell him that you said he was wrong. :lol:

Quote:The OPP is actually running a RADIO AD telling you to call 911 to report drunk drivers. I assume...

Shouldnt assume things. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I think that's enough of the "he said, she said" -- it's right there in black and white (OPP pun intended) and I can't believe no one's looked it up yet.

Anyway ... seems pretty clear to me ... here's what the OPP says about when to call 9*1*1
Flofocus,Jun 25 2007, 10:08 AM Wrote:
Quote:Sorry guys, you're wrong.

Guess I'll call the police officer and tell him that you said he was wrong. :lol:

Quote:The OPP is actually running a RADIO AD telling you to call 911 to report drunk drivers. I assume...

Shouldnt assume things. ;)
[right][snapback]242295[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
P-51 and Flo, not trying to interfere on this pissing match.... ;)

Drunk driving is a criminal offence. While dangerous driving is also, speeding is not.

Problem is, that in some ways, "speeding is "relative". To the 99kmh left-lane cruisers, when I am forced to pass them in the clear center lane because I'm doing 120, to them I'm "driving dangerously". To me, they're a "slow-ass road hog f***tard that should learn to drive and learn that the left lane is for passing".

Ever "flash to pass" someone sleeping in the left lane and they lock the brakes up at 100kmh? I have.
Ever pas anyone at 120kmh and the asshat speeds up when you try to pass you because they're playing games? I have.

Trust me, I put over a 800km a week on Canada's second busiest stretch of road. Just when you think you've seen it all, some f***tard proves you wrong. While you may feel that your "judgment" is sound, the last thing you need is every driver with "hurt feelings" tying up 911 with speeder reports.

"I know" the radio ad, I'm betting they'll be retracting it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crush His Car! Flofocus 10 2,055 07-15-2007, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001