Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid-life Crisis
naz,Jun 12 2007, 08:51 PM Wrote:wtf 30k CDN for a civic si.. man you guys make up for cheap real estate with stupid expensive cars.. that car sells for 21k USD here

so.. apparently.. in bone stock form this new si makes 188whp
EDIT added link to dyno sheet
http://www.urbanracer.com/gallery/articles...csi/dynopg1.jpg

and if i read this thread correctly the focus ST makes 123whp stock?

ummm.. who friggin cares if it buzzes a bit when you rev to 8000rpm? it has 65 more whp and i bet shorter gearing as well.

i dunno you guys.. on one hand i agree a civic si isn't the best use of 30k but..
1) last time i checked 123whp < 188whp
2) it is pretty friggin rude to tell someone their brand new car is a POS.. can't you just thank them for the drive and keep that sh!t to yourself?
[right][snapback]241236[/snapback][/right]
She's my sister- in- law, for the past 26 years, so we can say things to each other that I wouldn't say to someone else. I said that I don't like it, but, if she likes it, I'm happy for her. I did tell her the tires were crap, so when she needed new ones, don't get those again. I also told her that I'm biased I like my Ford Focus. No tears were shed, no bad feelings. Trust me, if it was you who bought it, I'd say it was a nice car and thanks for the ride. It buzzes all the friggin time, not just at 8000 rpm.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
meford4u,Jun 11 2007, 03:05 PM Wrote:This has made my day.  Sedan faction..............take that!
[right][snapback]241143[/snapback][/right]
I wouldn't talk, buddy.

I was getting seasick driving behind you on the way home the other morning. Good thing you're getting the Mrs. a new car. It's due for shocks. Or a new set of oars.

AHOY MATEY!!

:lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
naz,Jun 12 2007, 08:51 PM Wrote:wtf 30k CDN for a civic si.. man you guys make up for cheap real estate with stupid expensive cars.. that car sells for 21k USD here

so.. apparently.. in bone stock form this new si makes 188whp
EDIT added link to dyno sheet
http://www.urbanracer.com/gallery/articles...csi/dynopg1.jpg

and if i read this thread correctly the focus ST makes 123whp stock?

ummm.. who friggin cares if it buzzes a bit when you rev to 8000rpm? it has 65 more whp and i bet shorter gearing as well.

i dunno you guys.. on one hand i agree a civic si isn't the best use of 30k but..
1) last time i checked 123whp < 188whp
2) it is pretty friggin rude to tell someone their brand new car is a POS.. can't you just thank them for the drive and keep that sh!t to yourself?
[right][snapback]241236[/snapback][/right]

1) Don't know where in this thread you got the the ST had 123WHP, it's more towards 135-138 from dynos you can find at FS.

2) A Civic Si that is rated at 197 BHP (ie directly from Honda's site) can't have 188 WHP. And at the same time you believe a 151 BHP Focus ST has only 123 WHP. Unless you feel Ford has special dispensation when it comes to mechanical advantage.

Don't know where you got the dyno sheet from, might be good if you cited a source, or at least post a dyno sheet with the specs of the tested car on it (ie. CAI, cams, whatever). That could be a go cart dyno for all we can tell.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 13 2007, 12:33 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jun 11 2007, 03:05 PM Wrote:This has made my day.  Sedan faction..............take that!
[right][snapback]241143[/snapback][/right]
I wouldn't talk, buddy.

I was getting seasick driving behind you on the way home the other morning. Good thing you're getting the Mrs. a new car. It's due for shocks. Or a new set of oars.

AHOY MATEY!!

:lol:
[right][snapback]241246[/snapback][/right]
Believe it or not, those shocks are new.

And I just bought her a new car. A 1993 Dynasty. $100.

I am not kidding.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Yeah... 2.3L Duratecs are easily 130WHP stock. I, too have a hard time believing a stock Civic Si has 188WHP off the floor. Stickshift 2.0L Duratecs are 112-115WHP stock as a point of interest.

Besides, if it's a daily driver for someone who isn't a real sport compact enthusiast (and no, mid-life crisis doesn't count), I would figure usable torque would be a little more important than high-revving gerbil madness. Just had to throw that in there.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 13 2007, 07:47 AM Wrote:Yeah... 2.3L Duratecs are easily 130WHP stock. I, too have a hard time believing a stock Civic Si has 188WHP off the floor. Stickshift 2.0L Duratecs are 112-115WHP stock as a point of interest.

Besides, if it's a daily driver for someone who isn't a real sport compact enthusiast (and no, mid-life crisis doesn't count), I would figure usable torque would be a little more important than high-revving gerbil madness. Just had to throw that in there.
[right][snapback]241258[/snapback][/right]
In my humble personal opinion, usable torque is more important. i once rented a 2001 Civic sedan, I was looking at buying one. While trying to get onto the 401, I put my foot to the floor and got a lot of noise and not much go for a bit. Turned me off of buying. it's the same with Honda now, so what if it can rev to 8000 rpm, theoretically, we have to go the speed limit.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
NikiterZTS,Jun 11 2007, 07:40 PM Wrote:so far looking at your numbers you're about 125whp...which is what i have....
[right][snapback]241145[/snapback][/right]

i thought nikiter drove a ST.. whoops i guess not

here's the article i got the dyno sheet from

http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/anmvi...a=1839&z=3

they claim the car is bone stock from the factory.. who knows maybe honda gave them a special one for testing so kiddies would see 188whp and buy lots of them

and actually WAGONS are ultimate sleeper.. not sedans :D

EDIT: my sube is all about squeaks, rattles and high rpm gerbil madness that's prob why i don't get how ppl dont like the si :ph34r:
naz,Jun 13 2007, 01:36 PM Wrote:they claim the car is bone stock from the factory.. who knows maybe honda gave them a special one for testing so kiddies would see 188whp and buy lots of them
[right][snapback]241284[/snapback][/right]
Quote:Dyno
The results were surprising. The first of four pulls, with no fan to simulate airflow at speed, pegged the dynamometer at 181 whp! After a two minute cool down, we ran the second pull and got an even better 183 whp reading. Now we were hooked. For the third run, we flipped on the fan and pulled to 186 whp. Remember, this is a factory stock Si with no modifications or preparation of any sort. The guys wanted to take a shot at seeing if they could hit 190 whp and cooled the intake manifold with a splash of cold water for the last pass. The K20Z3 screamed one more time and we had our best number yet - an asphalt scorching 189.15 whp. Correcting for atmospheric conditions, we only lose one hp for a 188.74 whp reading.

See the difference. They've basically installed a CAI by the time they were done.

Still, 197>151 BHP. But let's no drink too much of the Honda Kool-Ade.