Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So How Was Your Long Weekend?
Actually this was for the week starting on the last day of the long weekend.

Five of us went fishing 3 hours north of Sudbury. We camped on a secluded island at the north end of this secret lake. These guys have been going to this spot for the last 20 years. It even has its own sauna.

We were catching the daily limit of pickerel (walleye.) I think pickerel are the best tasting fish. We caught pike as well but they are to bony to eat so they all went back into the water.

Fish a plenty:
[Image: 100_2087.jpg]

Heading off to fish early in the morning:
[Image: 100_2143.jpg]

One of our favourite fishing spots:
[Image: 100_2144.jpg]

Our campsite. The blue thing on the right is our outdoor sauna!:
[Image: 100_2078.jpg]

Inside the suana:
[Image: 100_2188.jpg]
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I worked all weekend. Plus it was cold and rained here.
2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3 5 Speed
Went down to Brantford, didn't do a whole lot...just hung out with family and some friends, and drank now and then. The drive back up here seemed to take forever...

That's all for me.

This wkd was worse...The Cdn Soldier, Cpl Matt McCully who was killed this past week in Afghanistan, was a good friend and co-worker of mine. I've drank his favourite beer, smoked some MonteCristo's, etc. He had come to my house for my birthday while he was on leave from his tour only a few weeks ago. He left a bottle of Weisers here, which I'm going to share with a group of his friends sometime soon. Also, my roomate who was even closer to him, is leaving for Afghanistan himself in a couple of weeks...so things are difficult here. I am actually considering getting a tattoo for the first time in my life, and get Matt's name, and service number put on my shoulder, or on my forearm...

Anyways, that's what's going on here for me...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Sorry to hear man...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

was he the soldier killed when an IED went off near their patrol? MY condolences man, he was a younger guy too wasn't he? That is quite saddening....
2001 Sangria Red ZTS, Zetec 5-spd, key gouges on hood and passenger fender (thanks idiots!Wink

Drivetrain and chassis: CAI, Steeda STS

Interior and exterior: Blacked out sidemarker lens, blacked out tailights, blacked out 3rd brake light, de-badged, cobra 40 ch. CB, Sirius

VA3RBV, Basic class licence!
Thanks man...

Matt was 25...4 years younger than me. Yes, he was the one killed by an IED. I just finished watching a short video interview with another friend of mine, Daryl Janssen who is also with the OMLT that McCully was part of. He had some awesome things to say, and I can't wait to see him, and Cpl Kyle Powell when they get home...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...