Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roush Hood Scoop..opinions
sooo.. long answer.. i have lived with a hoodscoop for a little over a yr now (factory rice on my sube).. it is kinda annoying for 3 reasons

1) it catches tons of bugs and dirt..
2) when i am in a tight parking spot it obscures the passenger side front corner (so i have to like.. sit up and crane my neck to see that spot)
3) kiddies start revving up their motors at stop lights and generally start driving like idiots in general when they see the scoop. i really don't want to be associated with 'those people'

if there was a way for me to get an aluminum OEM hood that didn't have that scoop and relocate to a more stealth front mount IC without spending a ton of $$$ i would so do it.

short answer... don't get the scoop
oldeguy,May 21 2007, 03:34 PM Wrote:Fake hood scoops are like fake boobs, nice to look at, but, doesn't make the person better, or the car.

[right][snapback]239135[/snapback][/right]
Say what?

If I saw a woman with no boobs, I probably wouldn't give her a second look. Is that shallow of me? Probably. But I like boobs and I am not afraid to say it.

Now if that same woman got a boob job, I would give her a second look. Does that makes her a better person for going out and getting the boobs she (and I) always wanted? I think so.

So in the end, if the boobs and the hood scoop make you happy......get 'em.

We all have different cars and different tastes.

Chica, don't read this. You'll think I am even shallower than I already am. :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,May 21 2007, 06:57 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 21 2007, 03:34 PM Wrote:Fake hood scoops are like fake boobs, nice to look at, but, doesn't make the person better, or the car.

[right][snapback]239135[/snapback][/right]
Say what?

If I saw a woman with no boobs, I probably wouldn't give her a second look. Is that shallow of me? Probably. But I like boobs and I am not afraid to say it.

Now if that same woman got a boob job, I would give her a second look. Does that makes her a better person for going out and getting the boobs she (and I) always wanted? I think so.

Chica, don't read this. You'll think I am even shallower than I already am. :D
[right][snapback]239158[/snapback][/right]
Agreed that if our friend wants to put a hood scoop on his car, go ahead. But, he asked for our opinions and I gave him mine. I don't like non-functional hood scoops or fake boobs. It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the look of a woman with enhanced breasts, it just means that I prefer real boobs. I like my coffee with real sugar, not with fake sugar too. Age I guess
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Wait till the boobs are old and saggy and you got to look at em instead of some nice round perky ones lmao
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Personally I hate fake hood scoops.. just ends up looking cheap and "stuck on". Especially if you don't have it molded into the hood.. it just looks fake.
guilty,May 22 2007, 01:03 AM Wrote:Personally I hate fake hood scoops.. just ends up looking cheap and "stuck on".  Especially if you don't have it molded into the hood.. it just looks fake.
[right][snapback]239175[/snapback][/right]

even 'functional' hood scoops look cheap and stuck on :(
this thread went wrong from Scoops to Boobs....Geez....
soon we are gonna start comparing Exhausts with dicks....

but in my opinion Roush scoop looks ugly....so no from me
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
meford4u,May 21 2007, 06:57 PM Wrote:If I saw a woman with no boobs, I probably wouldn't give her a second look.  Is that shallow of me?  Probably.  But I like boobs and I am not afraid to say it.

Now if that same woman got a boob job, I would give her a second look. Does that makes her a better person for going out and getting the boobs she (and I) always wanted?  I think so.

Chica, don't read this.  You'll think I am even shallower than I already am. :D
[right][snapback]239158[/snapback][/right]
Boobs on women are normally functional regardless of the size.

Boobs on men are generally non-functional, and generally an eyesore. I don't think that you'd be saying to one of your buddies, "Well, if you want a set of man-boobs because they make you happy...get 'em."

------

A story from my youth -- back in the late 80's when I was in my early twenties, I had a Torino that was all done up (with a functional RamAir hoodscoop, btw). Back then you could buy a Mustang LX with either a 4 or a 8 cylinder (like the GT without the GT badging). Or you could buy a GT.

Driving up to an intersection, I was pulling up beside a white Mustang GT, when my buddy that managed a quick-lube place. My friend starts, "look---look---it's HIM!! The guy that put the Mustang GT bodykit, badging and all, on the 4-banger LX."

Pulled up to the light, we looked over at him, revved the real V8 a bit, watched him sink lower and lower in the seat, until he lifted up four fingers and mouthed "It's only got a four"...We pulled away laughing.

Sure, in retrospect it was pretty cruel, but the moral still remains that it's better to look slow and not be than the other way around.

But, whatever turns your crank.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*