Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Hp Build, Update May/09/07
well i was thinking of going 3inch, but better safe. i dont want to make it then realize that its not enough.

inake manifolds arent that hard to make really all you need is a flange, runners, velocity stacks, and a plenum. there are entire kits online. th only problem i have is getting the flange and finding someone that can weld aluminum.

here is that site.
http://www.rossmachineracing.com/index.htm

im just thinking what design would work best., and if i make my own kit, i can run a big mustang throttle body, which still probably has the same throttle postition sensor as our focus's.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
Update on first page
been a while.....any update since may?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Everybody thinks its easy to make horse power mpcv2000 said it perfectly when he said ur about $3000 -$ 4000 away, theres alot that your forgetting 1st off TUNING i'll tell you righ now if your expecting to put down 400 whp your looking at $1500 atleast 2nd how are you gonna spin the eagle rods you need a serious crank shaft around $500 3rd you said ur looking at a return style fuel system well wake up your looking at almost a g right there in lines and fittings, and ur doing ur own port and polish don't be cheap get it done right you don't want to spend all this money and blow it over a $500 port job one thing i am impressed with yes only ONE is that ur running a mustang gt maf i was considering that myslef but ill see how i do with the stock one wit my piggy back unit but anyways good luck on the build

ps i have no idea what a gm-8 Turbo is, but let ur balls drop and buy a turbonetics or a garrett turbo not someones handy me down turbo
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
, .

I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
i dont have money for for shinny turbonetics parts,

a gm-8 is a Borgwarner that came of the 6.5L diesels, they are good for 500hp and have stronger center shafts then most garret turbos,

a return style system isnt going to cost me that much, ill use the mercury cougar fuel rail and fpr, then just run a line back to the tank, port and polishing is pretty easy too, i watch a professional do a head, and its not rocket science, it just take a long time, and your have to be careful. and stock cranks are good for 500hp, im just going to get someone to micropolish it.

honestly dude, you blow things out of proportion.

the only real thing that i might blow my engine from is the tuning. ive never tunned before so being a tuning noob i might blow my engine, and im really considering running megasquirt, so that just adds to the problem, learning a whole new system.

but over all, just having some fabrication skills and a little bit of knowledge its really easy.
you 2 should make love.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Boost Build Update kamilk69 13 4,390 11-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV